Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Selkie.

At least you have (I hope) some sort of food. I remember the story of a few years ago, when the woman went out for the turkey, or somesuch, and ended up snowed in for over 10 days.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby chris.ph » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:24 am

i watched a program last week, a lighthouse keepers wife went out christmas shopping and it was a month b4 she got back :shock: bet her husband was chuffed, no turkey NO BOOZE :lol: :lol: but it must have been nice and quiet, no nagging :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Ghost wrote:some days it's not worth checking my emails a few weeks ago I found some copies of the 4400 1-4 boxset on ebay for just £5 so I brought one and then just for yuks I looked at the website for my favourite exchange shop and the selling price was £12 cool so I brought two more copies to round up some xmas money today I found out the seller had closed up shop so to speak Image and needless to say it's highly unlikely I'll be getting my dvd's so I have spent the last half hour opening up two separate cases to get my money back one good thing at least I'm protected by both ebay and paypal so I WILL BE GETTING MY MONEY BACK or I will raise a s**t storm

Got me money back took two attempts to get all my money back
now £10 of it sort of got spent Image
Ghost

Postby wicked woman » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:51 pm

You need to learn how to budget Ghost.

Example:- £50 birthday money, spend £30, balance £30, spend £10, balance £35, spend £25, balance £10, spend £40, etc. If you do it right you can spend your money three times over. And have some left. ;)
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:21 pm

yes I know about budgeting I am not that stupid I make my money stretch to breaking point
but I don't earn that much and due to a sever back injury 3 years ago and an extreme change in my family situation
2 years ago limits the amount I can work so every now and then I use creative thinking to try and squeeze a little extra and yes this time it fell through but I made it work I got my family their presents and covered my personal expenses okay
after general expenses travel, account payments, uniform, housekeeping which covers a good chunk of the household bills etc...
I can't see why every couple of months I can't treat my self to something just for me
even though Christmas is just a few days away I know my family can not afford to buy presents so I know I won't be getting anything nor do I want anything even
I have a clear idea of void between want and need
and I don't want my family to suffer financially because of what I want
Ghost

Postby wicked woman » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Very sorry Ghost. That was meant as a joke but has obviously back fired, didn't mean to annoy you.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Dotsie » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:58 am

Ghost wrote:yes I know about budgeting I am not that stupid

I think you should read WW's post again, Ghost ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Ghost » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:17 am

wicked woman wrote:Very sorry Ghost. That was meant as a joke but has obviously back fired, didn't mean to annoy you.
sorry I'm dyslexic I don't get math jokes
Ghost

Postby cheery_j. » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:02 am

Don't worry - I didn't understand it either. I just assumed it was a joke because of the smilie at the end. However, I didn't really understand your problem either, so maybe I'm just a bit thicker than usual at the moment... I don't care, I'm on holiday! :mrgreen:

btw: I was wondering: isn't the thing that makes you unable to understand maths dyscalculia?
cheery_j.

Postby Ghost » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 am

just peg that rant down to shear tiredness
Ghost

Postby Conforumist » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:36 am

Ghost wrote:yes I know about budgeting I am not that stupid I make my money stretch to breaking point
but I don't earn that much and due to a sever back injury 3 years ago and an extreme change in my family situation
2 years ago limits the amount I can work so every now and then I use creative thinking to try and squeeze a little extra and yes this time it fell through but I made it work I got my family their presents and covered my personal expenses okay
after general expenses travel, account payments, uniform, housekeeping which covers a good chunk of the household bills etc...
I can't see why every couple of months I can't treat my self to something just for me
even though Christmas is just a few days away I know my family can not afford to buy presents so I know I won't be getting anything nor do I want anything even
I have a clear idea of void between want and need
and I don't want my family to suffer financially because of what I want

Phew, 'might want to throw a "." or 3 in on occasion. :)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby wicked woman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:02 am

No problems, lets put in the past and forget it.
wicked woman

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 pm

how bloody hard is it to find a good pair of over ear headphones in a nice colour and by nice I mean no dumb-ass smiley faces, florescent colours or comic book designs my old dependable headphones are so old the foam ear-covers (I don't know the proper name for them) have started to degrade they work just fine except for that and they are soooo comfortable and I spent a long time adjusting them to fit my head
Ghost

Postby cheery_j. » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Ghost wrote:how bloody hard is it to find a good pair of over ear headphones in a nice colour and by nice I mean no dumb-ass smiley faces, florescent colours or comic book designs

I know your pain - I gave up and ended up buying ones that make me look like one of those people who direct planes into their positions on airports, but are really good.
cheery_j.

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:39 pm

I like my other pair of headphones (skullcandys) but at almost £25 a pair I'm damned if I'm going to use them travelling to work.
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum