What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Bickaxe » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Leaving in 15 mins to drive from Newport, Wales to Cairnryan, Scotland for a ferry to Belfast, N. Ireland to drive to Derry for Christmas. Takes about 12 hours. I sail with a nervous disposition, much like people that have a fear of flying, I have a fear of drowning so being on a boat terrifies the crap outta me.

Flying next time. I love flying. Its quicker with a more instantaneous death.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
User avatar
Bickaxe
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Newport

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:06 pm

But there's plummeting first :shock: Personally, I have a fear of being on a plane that crashes into the ocean, then I get eaten by sharks. Mr Dotsie thinks I might be over-complicating things :oops:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
User avatar
Dotsie
Member
 
Posts: 9426
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:06 pm

ETA I'm sure you'll be fine, though ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
User avatar
Dotsie
Member
 
Posts: 9426
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Bickaxe wrote:Leaving in 15 mins to drive from Newport, Wales to Cairnryan, Scotland for a ferry to Belfast, N. Ireland to drive to Derry for Christmas. Takes about 12 hours. I sail with a nervous disposition, much like people that have a fear of flying, I have a fear of drowning so being on a boat terrifies the crap outta me.

Flying next time. I love flying. Its quicker with a more instantaneous death.
there must be a shorter route surely Bickaxe, Hollyhead maybe. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 15230
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Bickaxe » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:53 am

Cairnryan is the shortest crossing...total journey time is about an hour quicker....was tempted by Fishguard until I realised how long the crossing was.

On ferry now, made good time as roads were deserted so got an earlier crossing. Anyone seen the sick bags?
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
User avatar
Bickaxe
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Newport

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby RSoak » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:20 am

Tomorrow I'm going to try and make something useful out of a tray of fudge that is not wanting to come out of the pan. Seems you're supposed to put parchment paper in there first. Who knew?
It's not who you know, it's who I know. - Dad

The enemy of good is perfect. - Mom
User avatar
RSoak
Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Frisco, TX

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Bickaxe » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:39 am

Fudge without wrappings is organic and better for you. Fact.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
User avatar
Bickaxe
Member
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Newport

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby chris.ph » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:14 am

RSoak wrote:Tomorrow I'm going to try and make something useful out of a tray of fudge that is not wanting to come out of the pan. Seems you're supposed to put parchment paper in there first. Who knew?


fudge or toffee mate :?: :?: i know a few tricks for getting stuck stuff out of tins :shhh:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby michelanCello » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Going home tomorrow :( Already checked in, but I reallllly don't want to go... nothing awaits me there but exams and studying... all right, and my parrots, my little birdies ;)
Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8753
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Conforumist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:29 pm

michelanCello wrote:Going home tomorrow :( Already checked in, but I reallllly don't want to go... nothing awaits me there but exams and studying... all right, and my parrots, my little birdies ;)


Maybe you should let them go free and you'll feel better?? :?

I'd tell you to come over here, but it has been COLD lately. We usually don't get it this cold for very long.
The greatest things in life are not things.
User avatar
Conforumist
Member
 
Posts: 3428
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Nova Scotia Canada

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Poor Mici :( Hope your parrots give you lots of love :)

Conforumist wrote:Maybe you should let them go free and you'll feel better?? :?

'Freeing' a domesticated pet isn't doing them a favour, con :roll:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
User avatar
Dotsie
Member
 
Posts: 9426
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Conforumist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Dotsie wrote:Poor Mici :( Hope your parrots give you lots of love :)

Conforumist wrote:Maybe you should let them go free and you'll feel better?? :?

'Freeing' a domesticated pet isn't doing them a favour, con :roll:


How do you know??? :D

Since I'm still off tomorrow as well :D :D :D I'm going to see The Hobbit with a friend: Verily looking forward to it!
The greatest things in life are not things.
User avatar
Conforumist
Member
 
Posts: 3428
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Nova Scotia Canada

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby michelanCello » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 pm

But if I let them free, they'll get cold outside :( (thanks for the support, Dots ;) ) Though I'd love some more cold, haven't had a proper winter feeling all december long!
Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8753
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby Conforumist » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:31 am

michelanCello wrote:Though I'd love some more cold, haven't had a proper winter feeling all december long!


Well, c'mon over! We got ththththe ccccold!!
The greatest things in life are not things.
User avatar
Conforumist
Member
 
Posts: 3428
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Nova Scotia Canada

Re: What Are You Doing Tomorrow? 3

Postby michelanCello » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 am

Saw a vid where people were ice-fishing... looked like it's pretty cold there indeed ;)
Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8753
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests