Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Tried an hour ago Tony no joy can't even log on to the shop and that has a different PW , emailed Tom last night so hopefully I will be able to log on soon.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:16 pm

I got in 1st try just now - first time in a while - yucky green pukey colour or wot? :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:22 pm

I think it is, the blue was much better and I still can't log in I ran a cleaner cleared all the cookies between the upgrade and I think that's why I can't log in still can't I will ring the shop tomorrow and ask Reb if she can have a word. ;) :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Conforumist » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:08 am

Man, I'm really frustrated with my massage therapist lately! They have been double booking me; booking me on days when the massage therapist was not working. Then 2 visits ago I got on the table 30 minutes late! I actually just left because I had an appointment.
Then tonight, I got on the table about 15 minutes late. She was telling me that she had a Christmas party tonight and was apologizing for rushing. Then, she stops 15 minutes early! I have been there 48 times this year; you think I would deserve a little better service than that.
I will call the owner tomorrow and tell him that I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Thanks for letting me vent.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Selkie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:05 am

[rant]Freaking weather - grrrrrrr!!! Ferries have been cancelled for 2 days now due to "adverse weather conditions". This means no parcels (christmas presents ordered for people), food etc can get up and more importantly my nephew, who was due to come home for Christmas has now had to cancel. Cue sad faces all around - we were so looking forward to seeing him. I remember the days when the ferry used to sail through anything but these modern boats are just not fit for purpose. [/rant]
Selkie

Postby Penfold » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:24 am

I think I would have taken my business elsewhere long before now Con. I have an unwritten rule (well more of a guideline really) that if a shop or business mucks up three times, then I'm gone.

Sorry to hear about the ferry problems Selkie, hopefully they can get back to normal soon and something can be salvaged from the situation. :(
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Selkie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:35 am

The very annoying thing is that this is supposed to be a lifeline service, not a oh-it's-a-bit-windy,-we-won't-go service. I realise that Aberdeen Harbour can be tricky to get in and out of and I would not want people to risk their lives unnecessarily, but the amount of cancellations over the past 5 years has risen to the point of riducule. No sailings yesterday or today and probably not tomorrow either. At any time of year this would be difficult but with the holiday coming up it's extra hard.

And thank you, Penfold, for your sympathy :)
Selkie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 pm

I'll fly up in my helicopter and bring the presents personally, Selks!! ;)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:24 pm

You have sympathy also! Looks like it's that late Christmas after all.

Poor Mr Dotsie has just phoned to say his car has broken down on the motorway :( He was supposed to be on a night out with his old workmates tonight, but if the car can't be fixed roadside, he'll have to get a tow back here. He was really looking forward to it, poor man.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Selkie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:38 pm

I'll have the landing pad ready for you, Bouncy! What's your ETA?

Poor Mr Dotsie! Why do cars always go sick just before the holiday? Hope it can be fixed quickly.
Selkie

Postby Catch-up » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Selkie I'm so sorry your nephew won't be making it over for Christmas. You all must be so disappointed. :( The ferry cancellations are probably not just frustrating, but scary. It would make me very nervous to know things were being regularly cut off like that.

So sorry about Mr. Dotsie's car too. Why do those things always seem to happen this time of year? Hope he's able to get it fixed and still make his night out with friends.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:23 pm

That's a shame Selkie I hope the weather is better tomorrow so that the service is resumed.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Hope transport problems get sorted out soon Selkie and Mr Dotsie
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Mr Dotsie made it, only two and a half hours longer than planned. He needs a night out with his pals, so phew!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Selkie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Yay for Mr Dotsie's and his night out, hope it's a good one!

Thanks for all the good wishes. However, the forecast is horrible so I doubt we'll get anything before the 24th at this rate. The nephew has decided he will come up in the New Year instead. I'll just be pleased to see him whenever he arrives :)

We went to Tesco today - no fresh fruit or veg at all unless you count turnips - no dairy produce either apart from locally produced milk. Fortunately we had done our Christmas food shop on Wednesday apart from a few fresh herbs so we could just stare at the empty shelves and feel grateful. We still managed to spend a fortune though!

Bad weather is something we just have to live with and mostly, we cope very well. It's just this close to Christmas and with things being so time sensitive that people start to panic. At least we don't have the terrible floods that some people are getting south. That would be really awful.
Selkie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum