Sherwood (a new version of Robin Hood)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Sherwood (a new version of Robin Hood)

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:30 am

The CW network has given a pilot script order for Sherwood, a period drama set in England circa 1072.

The story follows a young noblewoman who unwittingly allies with Robin Hood and his band of jolly gents as she aims to find and set free her serf boyfriend, who has been wrongfully imprisoned by Norman occupiers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ama-406005
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Re: Sherwood (a new version of Robin Hood)

Postby Bickaxe » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 am

Isn't 1072 ish a bit early? I always thought the legend was from 1250 onwards...... :?
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Personally, I thought it was around half past three. ;)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Wikipedia wrote:In the 16th century, Robin Hood is given a specific historical setting. Up until this point there was little interest in exactly when Robin's adventures took place. The original ballads refer at various points to "King Edward", without stipulating whether this is Edward I, Edward II, or Edward III. Hood may thus have been active at any point between 1272 and 1377. However, during the 16th century the stories become fixed to the 1190s, the period in which King Richard was absent from his throne, fighting in the crusades. This date is first proposed by John Mair in his Historia Majoris Britanniæ (1521), and gains popular acceptance by the end of the century.

The story of Robin Hood has always been evolving, depending on the additions of popular culture at the time. This is our addition I guess.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Personally, I thought it was around half past three. ;)

Why did you have the alarm set Bouncy.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:32 pm

It was handy.

:doh: ;)

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Which one of the merry men was that. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby simmonds91 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:21 pm

fun fact: turns out that robin hood never actually existed in "real life", he is merely a story. As for the new robin hood show, god help us all... ANOTHER one!?....
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Dotsie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:11 pm

simmonds91 wrote: fun fact: turns out that robin hood never actually existed in "real life",

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

simmonds91 wrote: he is merely a story.

What do you mean "merely"! :P Stories have power, you know!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby simmonds91 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh sorry, of course he isn't MERELY a story, he's A story :lol: but yeah, I was told by bbc news (i think it was bbc news...) that he's a story and not "real"
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Return to TV, film, theatre