Whether the weather, Whatever the Weather.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Whether the weather, Whatever the Weather.

Postby chris.ph » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:00 am

its persistently raining in swansea but its warmer, typical welsh weather really :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 am

Yeah it gets bloody freezing where you live Aunty V. And bloody hot.

Sister Jenn lives in what I believe in one of the most humid places ever... ummmSJ?.. if the huge cat doesn't like being under the doona how do you keep him there for an hour.... duct tape?

Australia is a huge place. It can be mid summer and snowing in one place and winter and a heatwaves somewhere else... not at the same time... it winter everywhere at the same time.....

When I lived way out in far western Queensland where yes it does get hot in the day in winter... it would always get well below freezing at night. I can remember trees covered in circles out near the desert. Our pipes frozen overnight. Mum leaving pots of water in the stove that would become blocks of ice... but she would melt them so we could have water in the morning.

Up in the ranges not far from here I remember playing frisbee with mum with my oldest daughters rock solid frozen nappies .. diapers off the line.

I would be SUCH a whimpy power guzzling maniac if I had air conditioning.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:48 am

Del wrote:... ummmSJ?.. if the huge cat doesn't like being under the doona how do you keep him there for an hour.... duct tape?

Using duct tape is animal cruelty I'll have you know.

An hour is a specific unit of time which may be inaccurate in this instance. I just kinda roll him up in the doona, he's a cat not houdini. I know he's mad at me cause when I unroll him and say, "I love you Gus, thank you for being my bed warmer!" He gives me a look not dissimilar to the look on Aunty's cat avatar, and sits with his back to me in the bedroom doorway.

I've spent too much time on this subject and as you are all well aware terrible things are happening in the world, so peace to all.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Del » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:11 am

At least Gus has the decency to flounce off.... my "bed warmers " want to spend the night... it all sounded like such a good.plan at first...

"Its soooo cold! Wanna sleep in mum's bed tonight.... yeah I will be in soon...."........ soon as you warm up my bed!!!!! Bawahaaaa.

Then i get really guilty moving her to a cold bed while mine in so warm
... now.

The plan.always falls apart when I cop a foot straight to the nose at around 4am... after which I spend the rest of the night cowering in terror on a small piece of the foot of the bed while she sleeps soundly like a starfish.

Hot water.bottles are so much easier.
Del

Postby Del » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:51 am

It's horribly hot today. BLAH. Can't even run away. Waiting for the plumber. Blah.
Del

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 am

It's been soooooooo hot today. (Can't help myself ... Rhonda .. just like a sunset)

Was up to 40c on the back deck .. the coolest part of the house.

And there be rolling and rumbling and hide hide hide type noises overhead right now. It be a storm and a biggun . Radar looks scarey ... hoping the worst misses us... but yay yay yay the temperature will be dropping.
Del

Postby Volkolak » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 am

:D We have drifts to the waist (and more) and very, VERY strong FROST (about -40* C) It's normal for our town)))
Vita Brevis, ars-longa!

эээ....а кто-нибудь тут Русский знает? = )
Volkolak

Postby chris.ph » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:02 pm

there is only 80c between you :lol: if that was water you could make coffee with it :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:15 pm

:lol: we live on an amazing planet huh.

I did something really stupid today. The plumber was here when I got home and so I parked on the street. His van was in my drive. When he left I decided to move my car into the covered carport as I had to go out later and the car can get so hot you can't just get straight into it.

So DUH ... I ran across the grass.. only had maybe 5 feet on the driveway and on to the road to the car... felt my feet burning the first step on the drive. Stupidly kept going.. hit the road tar and realised how stupid i was and leapt back onto the footpath grass. Ran upstairs and put my feet under the bath tap. They are a bit burnt and sore bit nothing major.

I should know better. I had a friend years ago who was a burns nurse at the Royal. She saw a lot of kids with severe burns to their feet from hot roads.
Del

Postby Catch-up » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:46 pm

We're supposed to get a fairly nasty storm by the end of the week. The girls certainly won't mind starting their holiday break early. We'll see! Just hoping it's cleared up by the weekend so there are no problems with my sister's flight coming in.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Have just spent aaaaaaages rereading the last weather thread... just to see how it was at this time in previous years. Some heavy snow and gorgeous pics in 2010. I miss some of the forum members who used to post. Sad face.

It was interesting.
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:22 pm

There will be NO SNOW in the UK this year.

This is because I've bought a shi.... er shedload of rock salt!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:46 pm

We've barely had any snow since we bought a snow blower. :roll:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:50 pm

That's the way to do it. :clap: :mrgreen: :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:57 pm

And these are the same people who forecast The Beast from the East?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/more- ... 24372.html

Forecasters have warned people to expect up to 70 days of unsettled conditions as a series of wet weather systems engulf the UK.

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum