Ghost

Re: Let This Be The Christmas Thread!

Postby chillicamper » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:43 am

:lol: That's cool. Wish I still had enough hair to be able to do that ;) :roll:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Volkolak » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:14 am

Hmmmm...i have one idea!) What if you celebrate Christmas at home 25' december and then you've come to Russia and celebrate Christmas once again 7' january? =)
Vita Brevis, ars-longa!

эээ....а кто-нибудь тут Русский знает? = )
Volkolak

Postby Selkie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:52 am

Some people in my area do that too, Volkolak. We call it "Old Yule" or Old Christmas. We did it one year as we were away for Christmas, and it was certainly a lot cheaper as we got a lot of gifts in the January sales. I believe it stems from the time the calanders got changed from Julian to Gregorian. Except in some places, time still hasn't caught up :)
Selkie

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:19 am

Sounds like a good idea.... bit I do hope someone tells Santa !

Our Christmas will be slightly delayed as H will be at her fathers Christmas night and day.

It feels odd. We can't seem to settle on a plan... at a loss... none of us want to celebrate without H. She WILL get here eventually.. but our Christmas starts on Christmas eve with the late dash to the supermarket and waiting for that fine line ......will all the seafood sell out... or will they suddenly reduce the salmon down from $25 a kilo to $5 a kilo.....who cares
The evening with locked bedroom doors and different ones running from room to room grabbing paper and scissors and sticky tape and screams of "DON'T COME IN!!!!!!!".. Carrots and coloured water out for the reindeer.. bikkies and milk out for Santa... then 'checking' possums haven't eaten the carrots at 3 or 4am.

And praying the guy next door won't party til dawn.. doesn't he realise Santa has to come!

We are going to get the reindeers and Santa's snacks and letter ready ahead of time for her and we have promised to put it out.... but still.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Selkie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 pm

You could always do it the old way Del and do Christmas on the 6th or 7th Jan when H should be home? It does make it a bit more special and unique and it's still Christmas! just in an alternate timezone ;) I know my kids absolutely loved it. We did still "do" 25th December Christmas but it was a lot more downkey and they knew they had other Christmas waiting for them when they got home.
Selkie

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 pm

Well we have no problems with unbirthdays .. but Santa's a bit different.

Her father has made it clear to her that there will be no food left out ... he is throwing a huge party Christmas eve for adults... and H and the girls will be made stay in their room.

No worries... we will make ours SPECTACULAR!! As we do. :)
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:49 pm

God, Del. He really sounds like a Class A Knobhead.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bickaxe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Del wrote:Her father has made it clear to her that there will be no food left out ... he is throwing a huge party Christmas eve for adults... and H and the girls will be made stay in their room.

NO!

Get me over there and I'll show him the meaning of Christmas :twisted:

Christmas Eve parties are fine for adults as long as you OD the kids on sweets, fizzy drinks and silly games as well.

I'm planning on filling the room the kids are sleeping in with either cotton wool or white balloons as they sleep. Not my kids, just those of the people I'm staying with this Christmas in Ireland.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:God, Del. He really sounds like a Class A Knobhead.

You knew that already Bouncy . :) on the bright side. . .it's not hard to make Christmas better here.. and her mother is no ordinary Christmas freak.. it's ME!!!!

I come from a family who would walk two miles to the cattle yards after midnight ..... and would you believe it?.... in the middle of us unwrapping presents.. we would hear dad going off his tree about those bloody reindeer pooping on the roof AGAIN. Really upset! "Boys! Get the ladder!" Now remember... dad was an invalid.. so he would be two rungs up the ladder... and mum would come roaring out of the house.... "Tom! Tom! You'll kill yourself! Get down!" .. us kids in awe... the older boys dragging dad off the ladder ... and tossing reindeer pats down off the roof trying to hit us.. mum yelling up at them that they would cop it when they came down.. running around cleaning up the poo because we couldn't have that lying around on Christmas day... dad mumbling dire warnings about how he was going to wait up next year and he'd have more than a few words with Santa about his bloody reindeer fouling up our roof.... us begging him not to...

Oh the drama!!! :lol:

You should've heard the uproar the morningbthe Easter Bunny tracked mud all through mum's perfectly polished floors one year!

Oh the year the reindeer dug up mum's newly planted garden beds.

Bickaxe.... get a balloon pump. It will kill your lungs.
Del

Postby Bickaxe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:55 pm

No problem inflating them (they may contain alcoholic fumes), its just tying the knots...may have to use a stapler....
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby simmonds91 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm having a sheep talk to some boiled candy for me.....
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Phwuuuuph...phwuuuph...phwuuuph...phwuuuuph..click..BOOM!!

Phwuuuuuuph...phwuuuuph ..phwuuuuph...click.BANG!

glug glug glug

Phwuuuuph .... phwuuuuph. ...phwuuuuph.. click.BANG!

"Daddy?"

"Go back to sleep! Hic "

Phwuuuuph....phwuuuuph...phwuuuuph... click.BANG!
Del

Postby Catch-up » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Del, I know you'll make it fabulous which will more than make up for having to spend the day of at her father's. It's celebrating with you that she'll remember.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum