File this under "Headlines that left you speechless"

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: File this under "Headlines that left you speechless"

Postby Del » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:24 am

I saw that Q... unimaginable! The courageous takes for some women to report this
. And then to endure the whole trauma of the court case...only to come before a "judge" like this.

I wonder if his views on the subject would change in any way if he was thrown into an open prison for a few weeks.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Quatermass » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:36 am

Del wrote:I saw that Q... unimaginable! The courageous takes for some women to report this
. And then to endure the whole trauma of the court case...only to come before a "judge" like this.

I wonder if his views on the subject would change in any way if he was thrown into an open prison for a few weeks.

Nah. He'd say it was the system's fault for allowing a judge to go to prison in the first place. :|
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Broccolee » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Oh,good to know that the body prevents it.A lot of womens bodies seem to be malfunctioning then.I wonder what his body would say to the case.In fact I'd love to know.

At least he didnt get away with it and thumbs up to the courage of the poor girl to go through with all that.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:41 am

I've heard some Italian judge rule that wearing Jeans prevents rape, since you cannot get a woman out of Jeans without her consenting. Some rulings are just crazy.
Ah, even found a related article:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/women ... 70301.html
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Quatermass » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:45 am

ChristianBecker wrote:I've heard some Italian judge rule that wearing Jeans prevents rape, since you cannot get a woman out of Jeans without her consenting. Some rulings are just crazy.
Ah, even found a related article:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/women ... 70301.html

:doh:

Beyond the sheer stupidity of such a remark like that in the first place, I would say, if a little logic is applied, that if the rape victim is attacked and rendered unconscious or semi-conscious, then the perpetrator could remove the jeans without a struggle. And in any case, not all jeans are tight, anyway.

How the freaking [EFF!] do these half-senile patriarchal [EFF!]ers get to the [EFF!]ing bench in the [EFF!]ing first place, anyway?!
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby Del » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:34 am

What I find offensive is that the first judge was only "admonished". I presume he is still on the bench.
Del

Postby Quatermass » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:40 am

Del wrote:What I find offensive is that the first judge was only "admonished". I presume he is still on the bench.

That's the way of the world, Del. Only bastards can get to the top and stay there.

Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:16 am

Quatermass

Postby Del » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:06 am

Welcome to our world Q. If I do an official report they will still send H back to him... and the older girls and I know the repercussions will be enormous... and the threats will be worse. It leaves me helpless.... and moreso H.

He invited her over to celebrate one of his wife's little girls birthdays last night .. and spent half an hour threatening her. When she came out of the room the littlest one gave her a big hug... which tells me THEY know what goes on. The wife ignored her tears. Do she really not think the same thing doesn't happen to her girls.. or doesn't care.

He had left the girls alone on several occasions and they went out. That's what she had told us. He found out that she had told. He also told her she most probably wouldn't get any Christmas presents anymore because he can't go shopping and leave her alone.

I have no words for this creature... and I can't front him about it because he will only take it out on her again.

It took me and M over an hour to calm her... and convince her she wasn't the one who had done anything wrong. She's so scared of him and still i have to send her back.

The law is an arse . Does nothing to protect children.
Del

Postby Del » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:16 pm

How about a GOOD news story...

A Facebook photo saves a baby's life...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/latest/a/-/ ... by-s-life/
Del

Postby Broccolee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:12 pm

The law is an arse . Does nothing to protect children.[/quote]

Oh dont I know it?I spent three years of the kids' life trying to get them out of that shit and only succeeded because we got a new caseworker who reheard the case and saw it differently.

Also,they have been reforming the laws here partly because there have been so many cases of abuse during access.

Still the kids aren't completly safe because it also depends on how the counsellor sees the case.

And then there are these shocking news about abused or starved children and people say:"Why didn't the mother say something?"
Del,I'm not sure the new wife didn't say or do anything maybe because she knows the same might happen to her kids.Maybe it's happening already.Maybe he's threatened her too. I cant believe that nasty **** can manage to keep the facade up for such a long time,especially as she is dependant on him at the moment.
Haydee is lucky to have a lovely Mom and sisters to be there for her.She's not alone in there and the time will come when she won't have to go anymore,when you will still be there for her.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Del » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Nah . The wife is meaner. Finally got them to let her have fruit for breakfast.. but if he's not there she makes her eat rice. Only rice.
Del

Postby Conforumist » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Del wrote:Nah . The wife is meaner. Finally got them to let her have fruit for breakfast.. but if he's not there she makes her eat rice. Only rice.

You want I should let Luis and Bubba go over and have a "talk" with her??? ;)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Quatermass » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:05 am

Conforumist wrote:
Del wrote:Nah . The wife is meaner. Finally got them to let her have fruit for breakfast.. but if he's not there she makes her eat rice. Only rice.

You want I should let Luis and Bubba go over and have a "talk" with her??? ;)

Or me. Here's a recent photo... ;)

Quatermass

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:39 am

Awwwww. How sweet of you Q.

Who said you don't have a soft side.....

Uuuuuum... is that that anti-rape device from South Africa rejigged abit ?
Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum