Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:06 pm

no I was counting on the money from them as xmas presents grrr
God can't see you when it's cloudy
Ghost

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 pm

As the old adage goes Ghost if it looks too good and too cheap on eBay, it's probably a con.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Joolz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Catch-up wrote:Well, today was interesting. My mom hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days. Flu like symptoms, we had all just been sick, so we assumed she caught what we had. I've been checking in on her regularly. Called her early this morning to check in - she passed out while I was on the phone with her! Thank goodness she lives just down the street and that I have keys to her house. Went over and she was too weak to get into the car, so I had to call for an ambulance. I thought, she's probably dehydrated. That theory fell through when one of the paramedics told me that he thought she'd gone into cardiac arrest for a moment and her heartbeat was extremely slow. I think her heart stopped a total of three times before they got her to the hospital and got a temporary pacemaker in her. That stabilized her enough for them to do surgery and put in a permanent one.

Jesus Christ. From zero heart problems to a pacemaker in 60 seconds. Ok, more like hours, but, you know. She's doing totally fine now and might even come home tomorrow. I probably lost a good 10 years of my life this morning. I see a lot of booze in my immediate future. Or cake. Or both. Boozy cake?

Hugs hon At least shes sorted :) Boozy cake? I'd send you some of my mum's Christmas cake but it probably wouldn't clear customs and you couldn't drive for a couple of days if it did :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Catch-up » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 am

Thank you everyone for all the hugs and good wishes! She was really touched knowing that you were all thinking of her. Got there this morning and saw the nurse in the hallway first. I asked how my mom was doing and she said, "She hates the coffee, she hates the breakfast, she wants to go home." :lol: It made us both smile because we knew it was a good sign. Spent several hours with her and she's doing wonderfully! She'll get to go home tomorrow.

Joolz, it's the thought that counts! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 am

Good news! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Got up this morning..got H off to her last day of school... Morgan is backtracked and sick again and needed a shower... no hot water!!!

Needed to get ready for work as.I had an early start and a long way to tavel.. raced up to get more gas .. fitted the tank.. ran around to light the flame and there wa s water gushing out of the gas system .

And i had ten minutes to get on the freeway.. very quick icy shower.. got dressed.. rang rental agency...

Got home late because of traffic... water still cascading out of the hot water system.. no plumber had been obviously... so still.no hot water.

And I won't be here tomorrow...Saturday.. no plumber Sunday... IF I need plumber and not a gas fitter
all I want is a hot shower.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Ghost » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:29 pm

God can't see you when it's cloudy
Ghost

Postby wicked woman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:20 pm

Del wrote:Got up this morning..got H off to her last day of school... Morgan is backtracked and sick again and needed a shower... no hot water!!!

Needed to get ready for work as.I had an early start and a long way to tavel.. raced up to get more gas .. fitted the tank.. ran around to light the flame and there wa s water gushing out of the gas system .

And i had ten minutes to get on the freeway.. very quick icy shower.. got dressed.. rang rental agency...

Got home late because of traffic... water still cascading out of the hot water system.. no plumber had been obviously... so still.no hot water.

And I won't be here tomorrow...Saturday.. no plumber Sunday... IF I need plumber and not a gas fitter
all I want is a hot shower.

Over here you would want a plumber who is Corgi Registered to fits boilers.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby chris.ph » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:13 pm

its called gas safe now ww not corgi, another con to get more money out of people who have to have certificates to do their jobs :evil:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Most hot water systems here are electric. The water is heated in a tank and when you use it up you have to wait quite some time for it to reheat . Mine is a gas system where the pipe of cold water runs over a flame that heats it. So we never run out of hot water unless we run out of gas. Bottled as we don't have mains gas where I live. Mmost places don't have mains gas.

It's a burst water pipe.. but because it's the pipe trays part of the gas heater system I daresay they need a gas fitter.

Doesn't matter. No plumber has turned up. Won't do now until Monday at the least. And I need to have water feeding to the house for the COLD showers and of course to flush the toilet. Thing is... our water is metered. So I will be charged money for the water spraying out of the pipe. And no they won't reimburse me.
Del

Postby Catch-up » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Oh Del. HUGE HUGS! You just can't catch a break. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 pm

Should the owner not be responsible for the repair of the system and extra charges incurred, Del
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Broccolee » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Seems so to me too,it's not YOUR pipes.You haven't bought the house,have you?
Is there no way you can plug it up a bit?No emergency service?Gas isnt something to take lightly,what if something blows up? Do take care,dear.And about the showers,cant you go to a swimming pool till you had the repair?I know,not the best way to solve the problem but at least a warm 'shower.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Del » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:40 am

Just rang the real estate again.

Yes it's the landlords duty to fix the leak. The water is my cost. Buggerit.

Good idea about the pool Broc. Though last time I went to a public pool (germy places) I don't remember hot water. Not that cheap to get into a pool either. Must check.

Anyway... stuck here now.... waiting for the damn plumber. Gods it's hot. Hot enough for a cold shower ... but I have a pinched nerve in my neck and every time I get under the cold water it makes it worse.
Del

Postby Catch-up » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Glad you're not stuck with the repair costs.
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum