Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 am

This was technically yesterday,but wasn't online then,so with a day's delay :
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/11/sea-shepherd-buys-whaling-vessel
:teasing-neener:
'Scientific research',my *ss!
Way to go Sam Simon! :clap:
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:29 am

Excellent! :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:39 am

Yaaahh! :clap: :dance: :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Haydee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:47 am

Thanks Everyone, I had a lovely time at the celebration Today was the last day of cheerleading and I got a little trophy today I was happy today it my first trophy.Mum came to watch after work in her Christmas clothes tomorrow is my late day of primary school on Saturday I'm going to mum"s boss house she nice . I'm going swimming in her pool. She has a puppy called honey. Honey is cute.
We got a Christmas card from Bouncy thanks Big Pumpkin :lol: Santa is coming soon you be good YAY.
I love Harry Styles and Zayn Mailk and love One Direction and Cody Simpson.
Haydee

Postby AuntyVague » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 am

Congratulations Haydee and good luck next year at High School :)

What made me smile today? I said to my twelve year old daughter I was just going to wash off my makeup after work and she said "Yeah, you've got to remember to take your wallpaper off!"

Wallpaper?
AuntyVague

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Well done on winning the trophy, Haydee and all the best for high school! :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Wot Tony said.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Del » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 pm

AuntyVague wrote:Congratulations Haydee and good luck next year at High School :)

What made me smile today? I said to my twelve year old daughter I was just going to wash off my makeup after work and she said "Yeah, you've got to remember to take your wallpaper off!"

Wallpaper?

Silly kids... I'm sure she meant Spakfilla....

*runs*

Kids are great aren't they.

Some years ago

I had a hot date.... oh yeah... now NORMALLY... my girls would never meet a guy I was dating ever... but I had known this chap for quite some time and so did the girls... as a friend.. so they felt quite at ease with him... you might think that a good thing.
. So they thought him coming to take me out to dinner etc was not unlike all of us toddling off to Dreamworld or somewhere for the day... no... other was a hot date.

He was a pretty hot guy too... a bit younger (you will soon see why this information is important) but no to them he was just... yanno mum's friend.. well ALL our friend.

So he arrives a tad early.. not a good thing for a single mum who has got off work.. picked the kids up.. shopped.. done dinner.. homework.. baths.. and then had all of ten minutes for a shower shave shampoo and thrown her dress on....

So.. I am still in the bathroom with dripping hair and I tell the girls to make him a cup of tea and have a chat while I finish getting ready....

As I am applying my makeup... first one little one wanders into the bathroom smiling while she watches me apply it... eyes wide.. and she runs off... second child comes in and stands at the door watching in quiet fascination and then wanders off.. finally.. the third girl wanders up.. looks at me closely.. smiles.. says You look nice Mum... and wanders off too.

So I madly run the hair dryer over my head...all of five minutes tops.. and as I turn the noisy hair dryer off... I hear those little angelic voices drift down the hallway from the lounge room...

"Mummy looks so beautiful.. she bought some magic makeup"
"Yes.. she doesn't look old like normal anymore.. it's new makeup"
"Mum said it costs a lot of money but I think lots really good cause she doesn't look like really old now"
"She looks young. She looks nearly like as young as you now. You can go up and look at her in the bathroom. Ask her to show you the bottle."
"Don't be silly girls. He isn't allowed to go in the bathroom now."
"Mum! Hurry up! Come out and show John how different you look!"

I was in there silently screaming Nooooooooooooooo . Finished being ready in under a minute and gracefully walked out as if the conversation never happened.

When I appeared he said "Oh my! You look SO young! Is that a new makeup you are wearing. Its like magic isn't it! Can I see the bottle?" he said squinting at me an inch away.from my face... with the girls jumping up and down squealing "Seeeee ! We told you so!"

Uh huh.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby chris.ph » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Mycroft Vimes wrote:This was technically yesterday,but wasn't online then,so with a day's delay :
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/11/sea-shepherd-buys-whaling-vessel
:teasing-neener:
'Scientific research',my *ss!
Way to go Sam Simon! :clap:

paint it red and put A171 on the side of it and both me and alanz would go for another spin :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby wicked woman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Del wrote:
AuntyVague wrote:Congratulations Haydee and good luck next year at High School :)

Wallpaper?

Silly kids... I'm sure she meant Spakfilla....

*runs*

Kids are great aren't they.

Some years ago

I had a hot date.... oh yeah... now NORMALLY... my girls would never meet a guy I was dating ever... but I had known this chap for quite some time and so did the girls... as a friend.. so they felt quite at ease with him... you might think that a good thing.
. So they thought him coming to take me out to dinner etc was not unlike all of us toddling off to Dreamworld or somewhere for the day... no... other was a hot date.

He was a pretty hot guy too... a bit younger (you will soon see why this information is important) but no to them he was just... yanno mum's friend.. well ALL our friend.

So he arrives a tad early.. not a good thing for a single mum who has got off work.. picked the kids up.. shopped.. done dinner.. homework.. baths.. and then had all of ten minutes for a shower shave shampoo and thrown her dress on....

So.. I am still in the bathroom with dripping hair and I tell the girls to make him a cup of tea and have a chat while I finish getting ready....

As I am applying my makeup... first one little one wanders into the bathroom smiling while she watches me apply it... eyes wide.. and she runs off... second child comes in and stands at the door watching in quiet fascination and then wanders off.. finally.. the third girl wanders up.. looks at me closely.. smiles.. says You look nice Mum... and wanders off too.

So I madly run the hair dryer over my head...all of five minutes tops.. and as I turn the noisy hair dryer off... I hear those little angelic voices drift down the hallway from the lounge room...

"Mummy looks so beautiful.. she bought some magic makeup"
"Yes.. she doesn't look old like normal anymore.. it's new makeup"
"Mum said it costs a lot of money but I think lots really good cause she doesn't look like really old now"
"She looks young. She looks nearly like as young as you now. You can go up and look at her in the bathroom. Ask her to show you the bottle."
"Don't be silly girls. He isn't allowed to go in the bathroom now."
"Mum! Hurry up! Come out and show John how different you look!"

I was in there silently screaming Nooooooooooooooo . Finished being ready in under a minute and gracefully walked out as if the conversation never happened.

When I appeared he said "Oh my! You look SO young! Is that a new makeup you are wearing. Its like magic isn't it! Can I see the bottle?" he said squinting at me an inch away.from my face... with the girls jumping up and down squealing "Seeeee ! We told you so!"

Uh huh.

Bet that was the end of him.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:15 pm

that is the funniest thing I've read in a while Image
I'm sorry that the date didn't work but at least there was a lighter side
and when your darling little angels grow up you can do the same to them
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby Broccolee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Noooooooo....the little darlings...... :shock:

Well,at least it was someone you knew...When Bri was tiny she invited the postman in to see me in the shower.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby Del » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Oh no!!!!!

We dated for AGES. :lol:

Showed he had a sense humour at least.

He didn't give a damn if I wore magic makeup or not ;)

And revelled in ganging up with the girls to embarrass me.

The oldest daughter was already on payback duty that night

. She was 17... and fair enough too... when she had her first date i greeted the young lad at the door with "Oh do come in. T won't be long... she's just putting the finishing touches on her back wax"

Wot? No use dating a man with no sense of humour!

Nooooo ... don't pity her.... when she was 22 I was all set to head into the city with a lovely man I had met online.... when she called me desperate for a lift into the city from her apartment not far from me.... she didn't realise I had a date and I explained.. she was performing in Rocky Horror Picture Show and was terribly late... overheard and insisted that since the theatre was on the way we would drop her off....

She was terribly late... so when we picked her up she was already in costume... and she threw a coat over her fishnets, suspender belt, corset etc... I introduced them quickly and we drove off.

"Sooooo T.. busy night in the Valley ..being Saturday night and all?" (The Valley is a huge club area and red light area)
"Hell yeah!" she quipped... "Double rates on the weekend"

We chatted some on the drive in..... about how this chap and I had met and all.. she's really a very vivacious outgoing girl ... and as we pulled over to drop her outside the theatre she leaned forward between the front seats to kiss me goodbye and to thank him for the lift...

"So Mum is the VERY first person you have EVER dated off the net?... well" she said patting him on the shoulder... "best to get the psycho's out of the way straight off the bat hey!"

:lol:

And yes.. we dated for quite some time too.

Like I said... gotta have a sense of humour or its just not worth it.
Del

Postby Del » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Broccolee wrote:Noooooooo....the little darlings...... :shock:

Well,at least it was someone you knew...When Bri was tiny she invited the postman in to see me in the shower.

BROOOOOOOOC!!!!

What a wonderful surprise!!!

Well..
...?????

And?
... the postman.....?
Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum