Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Catch-up » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:06 am

It was completely surreal. It was very hard to hold it together at first. Especially when people were trying to be so nice to me and asking if they could do anything for me. :oops:

Pouring the first glass of wine now. ;)
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:56 am

Catch-up wrote:Well, today was interesting. My mom hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days. Flu like symptoms, we had all just been sick, so we assumed she caught what we had. I've been checking in on her regularly. Called her early this morning to check in - she passed out while I was on the phone with her! Thank goodness she lives just down the street and that I have keys to her house. Went over and she was too weak to get into the car, so I had to call for an ambulance. I thought, she's probably dehydrated. That theory fell through when one of the paramedics told me that he thought she'd gone into cardiac arrest for a moment and her heartbeat was extremely slow. I think her heart stopped a total of three times before they got her to the hospital and got a temporary pacemaker in her. That stabilized her enough for them to do surgery and put in a permanent one.

Jesus Christ. From zero heart problems to a pacemaker in 60 seconds. Ok, more like hours, but, you know. She's doing totally fine now and might even come home tomorrow. I probably lost a good 10 years of my life this morning. I see a lot of booze in my immediate future. Or cake. Or both. Boozy cake?

Heavens to goodness! Please give her our very best wishes, Susanne. She's a lovely lady. I hope she's feeling much better very soon.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby swreader » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:00 am

So shocked to hear your news! :!: Give my best to your Mom. I often think of the two of you being here for our wedding. She was incredibly lucky, I think--both in having a clever daughter who was able to do what was needed. But I know that feeling--it's perfectly calm and together while you have to deal with doctors, paramedics and stuff--and the breakdown comes well afterwards. And have another glass of wine for me :)
swreader

Postby chillicamper » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:54 am

Bloomin heck Susanne. What a shock! :shock: So lucky that you were close. I hope your Mom is recovering well and is out of hospital soon.

After the wine, I prescribe a pint of port ;)
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby wicked woman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 am

Hugs Susanne, hope your mum's ok now. So glad you were able to get her help quickly.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Conforumist » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:50 am

Sorry, I pasted in the wrong place. :oops:

I'd stay away from the "comfort" stuff. No need to end up in the hospital yourself.
Last edited by Conforumist on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Selkie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:56 am

((((((((((hugs))))))))))) Susanne - and more ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) for your mom!
Selkie

Postby Dotsie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 am

Blimey Catch-up, that's so bizarre, and lucky for your mom. Hope she feels much better soon.

Catch-up wrote:It was very hard to hold it together at first. Especially when people were trying to be so nice to me and asking if they could do anything for me. :oops:

Feel free to bawl your eyes out next time someone says this (I would, it's very helpful), but between sobs make sure they know you want boozy cake fetching ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 am

Conforumist wrote:chs=450x300&chf=bg,s,336699&chco=d0d0d0,cc0000&chd=s:999999&chld=DE|IT|CH|GB|BE|LU" width="450" height="300" ><br/>visited 6 states (2.66%)<br/><a href="http://douweosinga.com/projects/visited?region=world">Create your own visited map of The World</a> or <a href="http://www.triposo.com/ipad/">Free ipad travel guide</a>

Huh? :think:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Conforumist » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:21 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Conforumist wrote:chs=450x300&chf=bg,s,336699&chco=d0d0d0,cc0000&chd=s:999999&chld=DE|IT|CH|GB|BE|LU" width="450" height="300" ><br/>visited 6 states (2.66%)<br/><a href="http://douweosinga.com/projects/visited?region=world">Create your own visited map of The World</a> or <a href="http://www.triposo.com/ipad/">Free ipad travel guide</a>

Huh? :think:

That's a map, which I meant to post on the Terry Brooks forum. Uhh, close, but not quite. :think:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Del » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Well catchup ..... the good news is... you and your mum seem to have a guardian angel now don't you.

Or maybe not so much a guardian angel as much as a loving and concerned daughter who was checking up on her... you should take some credit for this when your heart returns to a normal rate... as your mum if you can borrow her pacemaker alternate days.. or perhaps you should have asked the hospital for a 2 for 1 offer.

Thank every god known to man and Terry Pratchett that you lived so close... but consider calling the ambulance first if ever you are in doubt... then race over.... then again I am talking from a state where a levy is included in our electricity bill and we all have free ambulance cover...

((((((((SUSANNE )))))))))

Think you need the timetable of that wine train Bonnie was on.

And a lottery ticket. Now I need a cup of tea and a quiet sit down too... you scared the check out of me too.

Isn't it wonderful though that it was such a great outcome. Give you Mum a great big hug from a completely unknown woman in Australia.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby cheery_j. » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:19 pm

How lucky everything ended well. Hugs to (((everyone))) - because hugs are nice when the first shock wears off and you feel like just having a quiet crying session, even though everything is fine (at least that's how I react to emergencies).
cheery_j.

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:54 pm

some days it's not worth checking my emails a few weeks ago I found some copies of the 4400 1-4 boxset on ebay for just £5 so I brought one and then just for yuks I looked at the website for my favourite exchange shop and the selling price was £12 cool so I brought two more copies to round up some xmas money today I found out the seller had closed up shop so to speak Image and needless to say it's highly unlikely I'll be getting my dvd's so I have spent the last half hour opening up two separate cases to get my money back one good thing at least I'm protected by both ebay and paypal so I WILL BE GETTING MY MONEY BACK or I will raise a s**t storm
God can't see you when it's cloudy
Ghost

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Catch-up wrote:Well, today was interesting. My mom hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days. Flu like symptoms, we had all just been sick, so we assumed she caught what we had. I've been checking in on her regularly. Called her early this morning to check in - she passed out while I was on the phone with her! Thank goodness she lives just down the street and that I have keys to her house. Went over and she was too weak to get into the car, so I had to call for an ambulance. I thought, she's probably dehydrated. That theory fell through when one of the paramedics told me that he thought she'd gone into cardiac arrest for a moment and her heartbeat was extremely slow. I think her heart stopped a total of three times before they got her to the hospital and got a temporary pacemaker in her. That stabilized her enough for them to do surgery and put in a permanent one.

Jesus Christ. From zero heart problems to a pacemaker in 60 seconds. Ok, more like hours, but, you know. She's doing totally fine now and might even come home tomorrow. I probably lost a good 10 years of my life this morning. I see a lot of booze in my immediate future. Or cake. Or both. Boozy cake?
I hope things will stabilize and your mom gets well soon kay
God can't see you when it's cloudy
Ghost

Postby Del » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:04 pm

cheery_j. wrote:How lucky everything ended well. Hugs to (((everyone))) - because hugs are nice when the first shock wears off and you feel like just having a quiet crying session, even though everything is fine (at least that's how I react to emergencies).

Yep. Me too. Wonderfully composed DURING... a mess after..

"Why are you crying mum? I'm okay now"
"I know you are.. that's why I'm crying.. bwahhhhhhh"

Ghost: what a pain!... good news that you are at least getting your money back! I hope you weren't counting on these for Christmas presents.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum