Frustration Thread 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 4

Postby Del » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 am

I got a breach of contract from my rental agency. Grrr. Downstairs needs to be tidy and clean. Breaking WAS tidy and clean. It's all paved under the house and it's where my laundry and garage is along with another "entertainment" area. Though we don't go down there... its not sealed so mozzies come in... let's not talk about rats and vicious possums ...OR the snake.

I live in a stilt house ...

So I spent the day downstairs moving the storage boxes and a few tables... looked exactly the same but different... the agent came by ... popped his head in... said "Looks great!" and left!!!!

But it's the same !

I am left wondering if they are just issuing a breach to break my lease so they can sell the house empty. You can only have so many breaches before the lease is broken. Sooooo annoying. I have taken pics. Dumb. I should have taken pics before.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:55 am

Del wrote:
I am left wondering if they are just issuing a breach to break my lease so they can sell the house empty. You can only have so many breaches before the lease is broken. Sooooo annoying. I have taken pics. Dumb. I should have taken pics before.

The cynic in me says that's exactly the case. I kind of suspect that this was a no-win inspection. Sounds like Nanny Ogg inspecting the cleaning of her daughters-in-law. :o
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:48 am

I think you're right Del and Tony. Did you get anything in writing from the agent, before he left, to the effect that it 'looks great' to go with the pics?
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 am

I do not like letting agents :evil: You have my sympathies del.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jo of the Gates » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Del, you're so right! I really am glad to have done the things I have, but things are going to be tight for a while. Some other maintenance projects will simply have to wait. Now I'm focusing on deep cleaning my house, which I just haven't had time to do in years! Exhausting, thankless work, appreciated by no one but me, but I'll feel so good when I'm done!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
--Douglas Adams
Jo of the Gates

Postby Catch-up » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 pm

That's awful Del! :evil: Good idea taking pictures. Keep notes too.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm

A guy emailed me yesterday, saying he was in London (he lives in Greece - retired) and would pop into the office "between 10 and 11am) to hand over his paperwork & cheque to join the Society.

Still waiting at 12.05.

What's the betting he turns up (if at all) when I'm scarfing down my chile con carne for luncheon? :roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Chilli Con Carne?

Ah.... that explains why your office is the warm one!

*runs*

Uuuuummmm... I mean... *runs away*
Del

Postby Ghost » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:53 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Did he turn up Bouncy ?

Frustrated here too. Painted my nails with the most gorgeous glitter red ... like Dorothys shoes in the Wizard of Oz.... and cunningly thought I could sit on the net while they dried... yanno... instead of housework n stuff.... and it IS for work after all... the nail polish.
.. but it just doesn't seem to want to set. It is... but its taking hours... have come so close to taking it off.. but then I would have to do them again... and they look so sparkley ...

Now that I think of it.... its most probably from Christmas last year.
Del

Postby Ghost » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 pm

apparently a drop of olive oil is the fastest way to dry nail polish without smudging
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:03 pm

No he didn't turn up.

One of the Brokers upstairs said to me "Greek time" :roll: :mrgreen:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Well, today was interesting. My mom hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days. Flu like symptoms, we had all just been sick, so we assumed she caught what we had. I've been checking in on her regularly. Called her early this morning to check in - she passed out while I was on the phone with her! Thank goodness she lives just down the street and that I have keys to her house. Went over and she was too weak to get into the car, so I had to call for an ambulance. I thought, she's probably dehydrated. That theory fell through when one of the paramedics told me that he thought she'd gone into cardiac arrest for a moment and her heartbeat was extremely slow. I think her heart stopped a total of three times before they got her to the hospital and got a temporary pacemaker in her. That stabilized her enough for them to do surgery and put in a permanent one.

Jesus Christ. From zero heart problems to a pacemaker in 60 seconds. Ok, more like hours, but, you know. She's doing totally fine now and might even come home tomorrow. I probably lost a good 10 years of my life this morning. I see a lot of booze in my immediate future. Or cake. Or both. Boozy cake?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Penfold » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:01 am

Bloody Hell Susanne, that's frightening. It's just as well it happened when you were talking to her and were nearby but I can't even begin to imagine the shock that it must have been. Some alcoholic beverages are well deserved I think. I hope your mum makes a speedy and full recovery. :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum