How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Dotsie » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:39 am

Aaw! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Alanz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:49 am

I'm used to all these 12 hour shifts now i've been doing them for 20 years so Bank Holidays don't matter We do 3 Day shifts then 3 Night shifts then get 3 days off regardless only if we work Bank holidays do we get paid double time but no extra day off, still it's a job and i quite like it :D
Alanz

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 am

a bit strange today. Sunday morning I slipped and banged hard my head on a cement wall outside the house.. since I'm me, my first thought was Let's hope nobody saw me. I really doubt that's what I needed to make me any smarter, but I'm okay. Head hurts a little now, but it's still whole :)
I even forgot to say happy birthday to my brother, which was sunday (same day as Dug, isn't it, so happy belated birthday to you too), and did it a bit late, but better late than never :P
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 am

Oh Crys ... now you have me all worried. Sounds like a concussion. You DO know that symptoms can last or come on up to a week later. Look after yourself sweetie. Keep us posted. See a doctor just for a check up.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:46 am

Del wrote: You DO know that symptoms can last or come on up to a week later.

...No I didn't, so I'll be careful and watch out for anything suspicious, but I don't really think there will be anything, I feel fine, just a headache which is normal, all things considered. Don't you worry. :P
I don't even know why I told this story, it's just that all of a sudden I find myself saying it to a lot of people, maybe just to relieve the stress :roll:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:57 am

That's good.... the more people and friends who know you hit your head the better.... they can drag you off to a hospital if you go loony.

AND KEEP FORGETTING OR REPEATING THINGS!
Del

Postby Conforumist » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:35 am

CrysaniaMajere wrote:a bit strange today. Sunday morning I slipped and banged hard my head on a cement wall outside the house.. since I'm me, my first thought was Let's hope nobody saw me. I really doubt that's what I needed to make me any smarter, but I'm okay. Head hurts a little now, but it's still whole :)
I even forgot to say happy birthday to my brother, which was sunday (same day as Dug, isn't it, so happy belated birthday to you too), and did it a bit late, but better late than never :P

I truly hope you're ok Crys'. If the headaches persist, go get it checked. It looks like it helped your memory though? :)

The doctor will probably just tell you to have a bottle of wine anyway. :lol:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Penfold » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm

I've had concussion before and remember it as being a rather unpleasant experience. I can understand your reluctance to go and have 'just' a headache checked out but I really suggest that you do so anyway, especially if it's accompanied by any of these symptoms;

Loss of consciousness after any trauma to the head.

Confusion.

Headache.

Nausea or vomiting.

Blurred vision.

Loss of short-term memory (you may not remember the actual injury and the events some time before or after the impact).

Perseverating (repeating the same thing over and over, despite being told the answer each time, for example, "Was I in an accident?").

Either way, I hope you feel better soon. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Joolz » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Sound like I've had concussion on many Sunday mornings... :lol:

Hope its all ok :)
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Yes do go and get it checked out Crys.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Please do crys . And what's the worse that can happen... they tell you you are okay. It took Morgan three weeks to get over her concussion. We thought she was okay and suddenlynbeen would get dizzy and fall again. At least knowing it took so long made me aware I had to keep an eye on her.
Del

Postby cheery_j. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Del wrote:Please do crys . And what's the worse that can happen... they tell you you are okay.

I had a bike accident aaaaages ago in which I grazed my knee and smashed my head on the road (ouch! might explain a number of things, though... ;) ). My mum insisted on me going to the doctors and I more or less went to prove that I was FINE, MUM!

The doctor said the head was okay, but the knee! It turned out that the grazing was a bit deeper and close to the synovial bursa (had to look that one up, it's just slime bag in German!), which meant there was a risk of me getting knee problems if there was any inflammation. So I ended up worrying about my knee instead of my head. :?

Well, what I was trying to say was: go and see the doctor, crys!
cheery_j.

Postby Catch-up » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Ouch Crys! :( I agree, it couldn't hurt to have a doctor check you out, just to be safe.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby chris.ph » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:50 pm

just been to the doctors again and he has told me to go back on the 2nd of jan to see if i can go back to work, bloody hell, i wanted a definite answer :roll:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:10 pm

But that was a definite answer Chris he said you definitely have to go back and see him on the 2nd Jan. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum