NEW STAR TREK MOVIE

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: NEW STAR TREK MOVIE

Postby Dotsie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Looks like it, doesn't it? It's such a moving moment, trekkies all over the world will be in tears at that one ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Re: NEW STAR TREK MOVIE

Postby raisindot » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Quatermass wrote:It's very hard to create a banal villain who is nonetheless interesting, raisindot, as banality by its very definition is bland and boring.

You apparently have never seen Patrick Stewart as the ruthlessly ambitious general Sejanus in I, Claudius. His portrayal was the epitome of the 'bureaucrat monster,' a general who expressed about as much emotion at torturing someone as a file clerk. Nor have you apparently seen Brazil, where Michael Palin's performance as a perfectly civil, bland, and thus terrifying government-sanctioned inquisitor was one of the highlights of the movie. The most compelling villains aren't those who laugh diabolically or launch insane plans to blow up planets or take over the world. The ones who consider the acts they commit to be a job responsibility or justified through some kind of twisted logic are much scarier. Eichmann was a truly horrific villain; Idi Amin was a vulgar imitation.
raisindot

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre