Breaking News : New Royal Babby

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Breaking News : New Royal Babby

Postby Conforumist » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 am

Please world, leave those people in peace!!!
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Unfortunately, Con...............

Hoax callers from a radio station posing as the Queen and Prince Charles got information from the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge.

King Edward VII hospital in London said a nurse had discussed her condition with the Australian radio station and that it "deeply regrets" the incident.

It said confidentiality was taken seriously and telephone protocols are under review.

A spokesman for William and Catherine said he would be making no comment.

Two presenters on Sydney-based radio station 2Day FM are reported to have convinced staff they were the Royals and were connected to the duchess's private nurse in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

The pair were given an update on her condition.

A spokesman for the hospital said: "This call was transferred through to a ward and a short conversation was held with one of the nursing staff. King Edward VII's Hospital deeply regrets this incident."

John Lofthouse, chief executive at King Edward VII's Hospital, said: "This was a foolish prank call that we all deplore."
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby chris.ph » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:13 pm

:lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Not so funny now, Chris.

A nurse at London's King Edward VII hospital who took a hoax call about the Duchess of Cambridge has been found dead, the BBC understands.

The hospital, which has paid tribute to "a first class nurse", named the woman as Jacintha Saldanha.

Police were called at 09:35 GMT to reports of a woman found unconscious at an address in central London.

Details of the pregnant Duchess's medical condition were unwittingly revealed to two Australian DJs.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Thats crazy :shock: :shock:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby spideyGirl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:00 pm

:shock:
spideyGirl

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Everyone assumes suicide, except one woman who works upstairs, who says that we are all stupid not to see the obvious - the Royals put a hit out on the nurse.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Jack Remillard » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Sometimes suicide can seem absolutely certain, but it turns out to be natural causes after all. Time will tell, I guess...
Jack Remillard

Postby chris.ph » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:05 pm

i read it earlier bloody crazy
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:22 pm

I wonder what the radio pranksters are thinking?? :think:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Quatermass » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:01 am

Up until the nurse died, I was willing to believe that, imbecilic though it was, it was nowhere near the intentional malice wrought by Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross on Andrew Sachs.
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Batty » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Quatermass wrote:Up until the nurse died, I was willing to believe that, imbecilic though it was, it was nowhere near the intentional malice wrought by Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross on Andrew Sachs.

Ross and Brand were knowingly vile and disgusting, so I will agree with you, Q.

However, Christian and Greig were not setting up a politician or someone in the public eye, who may need to be brought down a peg or two, they targeted members of the nhs, with no thought as to whether the nurse / receptionist could lose their job if they succeeded, and no thought given as to what consequences their actions would bring.

Even politicians, royalty, celebrities etc., have a right to have their medical files kept private, so no excuse can be given for Christian and Greig's actions.
I hope they get banned for life.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Dotsie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:37 pm

I completely agree with Batty. Impersonating a family member to get confidential medical information is despicable, to do so to a famous person for entertainment purposes is just disgusting. Had they really no idea of the consequences? Did they think they'd get rumbled, so no harm done?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Will of Lancre » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:55 am

Dotsie wrote:Did they think they'd get rumbled, so no harm done?

It seems so from this article. But pranks don't always get rumbled, so they must have been aware there was at least the possibility of getting through. If not, they were culpably stupid.

The comparison with Ross and Brand doesn't quite hold water, because they were at least targeting someone else in showbiz, who was less vulnerable than a random member of the public (Sachs seems to have been more bothered by the media kerfuffle than by the actual call).
A hoho, which is like a haha only deeper
Will of Lancre

Postby simmonds91 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Assuming the woman took her life and it was because she gave out the info then I have no pity for her, allow me to explain myself: She took her life merely because she gave out information and was humiliated, that is pathetic, it is of course her choice to end her life and anyone else too (im pro-assisted suicide) but when that person makes that choice it IS their choice, to leave behind everyone else, I will not pity someone for making it (nor judge). I do feel sorry for the "princess" (as if the royals actually matter anymore) as she can't have an abortion now without the whole world knowing about it, her choices and morals etc. go out the window now that its political, unless of course she doesn't mind risking the royal name and whatnot.
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum