What have you seen recently? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What have you seen recently? 3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:26 pm

The Walking Dead is a television series about a group of people surviving after zombies take over. It is not serious business!

It's also not serious enough to shoot your girlfriend over if you're arguing about it — which should go without saying. Yet, that actually happened.

Jared Gurman, 26, was charged with attempted murder after shooting his girlfriend with a .22-caliber rifle, piercing her lung and diaphragm, and shattering a rib.

Luckily she's stable.

So what were they arguing about? Well, he thought a zombie outbreak could happen due to a military mishap, and she disagreed because it's fiction. It became so heated that she decided she didn't want to stay the night with him, so she was going to drop him off at his house.

The argument then continued via text message, which got to the point where she felt the need to check on him in his home — that's when he pulled the gun on her. Here's what an officer said:

"She tried to diffuse the situation, to calm him down. She was walking up the stairs when Mr. Gurman raised the rifle, pointed it at her and fired one round into her back, causing serious injury."

He ended up taking her to the hospital and saying it was an accident before admitting that it wasn't.

We're not sure that relationship is gonna last — and we hope the judge bans him from all zombie material forever. Oh, and also guns!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Thanks Bouncy. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tiffany » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Today my friend & I went to the cinema & saw Rise of the Guardians. It's a lovely film, well worth the price of a ticket. Brilliantly made, the animation for these films gets better & better. Great plot & the voice actors are great too, bit scary in places for very young kids, but it's PG rating shows this. Having typed that, there were a few under 5's in the small audience, but none seemed traumatised by the scary bits. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Jack Remillard » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:25 pm

Catch-up wrote:Finally got the 4th season Being Human U.K. on Netflix streaming. Watched the first episode and feel like I've missed a whole season. Either I've forgotten a lot from the previous season or they took a huge plot jump.

Yeah, I don't think they had much choice. They abruptly lost a couple of actors, and had to deal with it as well as they could.
Jack Remillard

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Tiffany wrote:Today my friend & I went to the cinema & saw Rise of the Guardians. It's a lovely film, well worth the price of a ticket. Brilliantly made, the animation for these films gets better & better. Great plot & the voice actors are great too, bit scary in places for very young kids, but it's PG rating shows this. Having typed that, there were a few under 5's in the small audience, but none seemed traumatised by the scary bits. :D

Whilst I wouldn't disagree (I haven't seen it, I hear it's good), I'm just so tired of US films having British baddies and American heroes. If I have one criticism of the new Star Trek films, that would be it (although in the first film the baddie was Australian, and the British guy was just a dickhead who almost cost the mission).
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Jack Remillard wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Finally got the 4th season Being Human U.K. on Netflix streaming. Watched the first episode and feel like I've missed a whole season. Either I've forgotten a lot from the previous season or they took a huge plot jump.

Yeah, I don't think they had much choice. They abruptly lost a couple of actors, and had to deal with it as well as they could.

Good point! That's a shame too. George was absolutely my favorite.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Tiffany wrote:Today my friend & I went to the cinema & saw Rise of the Guardians. It's a lovely film, well worth the price of a ticket. Brilliantly made, the animation for these films gets better & better. Great plot & the voice actors are great too, bit scary in places for very young kids, but it's PG rating shows this. Having typed that, there were a few under 5's in the small audience, but none seemed traumatised by the scary bits. :D

Whilst I wouldn't disagree (I haven't seen it, I hear it's good), I'm just so tired of US films having British baddies and American heroes. If I have one criticism of the new Star Trek films, that would be it (although in the first film the baddie was Australian, and the British guy was just a dickhead who almost cost the mission).

We've been wondering if that's good. Might make an effort to get to the theater to see it. Don't know why they're still making the bad guys British in some of these movies. Don't blame you for being irritated.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Meh. I am quite evil. But Hollywood doesn't know that!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tiffany » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Dotsie wrote:

I didn't even realise this. It doesn't bother me, I just thought it was an excellent film.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Conforumist » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:46 am

We went to see Argo last night. We thought it was very good!
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:32 pm

after recently watching both seasons of Alphas I'm re-watching the 4400 and I'm almost halfway through season 3 and I am loving it really well written and a brilliant bit of si-fi Image
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Watched Endhiran (Robot). A bollywood big budget scifi romance action film. Very strange, cool, cheezy, badass movie. Some (ok, most) of the effects are dodgy but you get what they were going for. can't say i've ever seen any bollywood stuff before (know of them, but never sat down and watched one) so i don't know how this stacks up, but i liked it.

trailer

"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:00 am

I'm watching, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:04 am

Bizarre! :lol:
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:41 am

Ghost wrote:after recently watching both seasons of Alphas I'm re-watching the 4400 and I'm almost halfway through season 3 and I am loving it really well written and a brilliant bit of si-fi Image

Oh, I loved that, what I saw of it. It was on Sky3 (as it was then called) years ago, but at stupid o'clock.

I'm tempted to get the DVDs, as I'd love to know what happened. PLEASE tell me they brought it to a satisfactory conclusion?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre