Weather - or not!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Weather - or not!

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Dotsie, what is the Palace hotel (Dwcon 2014) like is it quite good and have you stayed or had a night out there. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:38 pm

cheery_j. wrote:You know, Dotsie, I have no idea what you look like. To me you are a scary old lady with a handbag ... and now with a melting thong... :shock: :?

This is Dotsie with or without a melting thong, personally I wouldn't dare ask :shock: :shock:

One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby cheery_j. » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:20 am

Nope - that's not Dotsie. Where's the handbag? ;)
cheery_j.

Postby Dotsie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:52 am

It's under the cloak, for stealth handbagging purposes :D

Dug, I don't really know any hotels in Manchester, but I could perhaps pop in to the bar and have a look some time. The Palace us about a 10 minute walk from the shopping area, less to the gay village (don't judge, the bars are good and there's a couple of restaurants), about 10 minutes as well to the best pubs & bars.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:39 am

Yeah, when you live in a city, you rarely have reason to stay in any of the hotels. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 am

Oh!!!! You all have your minds in the gutter ! You know exactly what I meant! I try my hardest to talk uplander but some things are as deeply language imbedded as a string up your jacksie . What the heck do you call them again? Jandles ? Flipflops ? Or do your poor wee toes never see the light of day except when you slide your feet out of your slippers and under the covers at bedtime....

Dotsie wrote:Well then, I'm not the only one whose thongs go soft in hot weather.

Uuuuum.... its not that image that worries me Dots.... now I am curious as to what state your thongs get in ...in Winter............
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:07 am

Ahhh, flipflops.

Now she's beginning to make sense! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 am

Tonyblack wrote:Yeah, when you live in a city, you rarely have reason to stay in any of the hotels. :lol:

That's soooo true. Most people know more about hotels in OTHER cities... though true to say that if the bars and restaurants are well run and well visited then its an indication of the rest of the establishment.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Dotsie wrote:It's under the cloak, for stealth handbagging purposes :D

Dug, I don't really know any hotels in Manchester, but I could perhaps pop in to the bar and have a look some time. The Palace us about a 10 minute walk from the shopping area, less to the gay village (don't judge, the bars are good and there's a couple of restaurants), about 10 minutes as well to the best pubs & bars.
Dotsie, I've stayed in a few hotels in Manchester, the one they had for the 1st DWCon in Sasha's not good bit of a shithole really, a mate of mine had a room in the basement no windows behind the curtains a brick wall with a picture of Manhattan at night ,and there was condensation running down the wall. And the Ramada hotel in Piccadilly and the Britannia across the road for an Eastercon, I visited Jilly's rock club while there. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Watchman44 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:47 am

Poor sods in Somerset are still cut off by floods.
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby wicked woman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:11 am

Del wrote:Oh!!!! You all have your minds in the gutter ! You know exactly what I meant! I try my hardest to talk uplander but some things are as deeply language imbedded as a string up your jacksie . What the heck do you call them again? Jandles ? Flipflops ? Or do your poor wee toes never see the light of day except when you slide your feet out of your slippers and under the covers at bedtime....

Dotsie wrote:Well then, I'm not the only one whose thongs go soft in hot weather.

Uuuuum.... its not that image that worries me Dots.... now I am curious as to what state your thongs get in ...in Winter............

It all becomes clear now. :doh: I was wandering how come it's her thong that's melting... never mind, best to leave that one.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Watchman44 wrote:Poor sods in Somerset are still cut off by floods.

Going to be a miserable Christmas for them, I should think, if the water doesn't start to clear soon.

On the bright side, they probably won't have any rodent problems for some time to come!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Oh crap. From the London Evening Standard.

Londoners are bracing themselves for the coldest winter in 20 years next week when a “beast from the East” weather front will sweep into Britain from Russia making parts of the country colder than the North Pole.

Freezing conditions are expected to blast the capital, causing disruption to flights and trains and making roads hazardous from Monday.

There were blizzards in parts of the South East earlier this week and more snow is said to be on its way.

Lows of -12C are expected in some areas of Britain but Londoners will escape the worst of the arctic conditions and can expect to enjoy relatively balmy temperatures of -5C.

The capital will be warmer over the weekend but become progressively colder thereafter, with some forecasters saying a white Christmas is now guaranteed.

The Met Office is warning pedestrians and particularly the elderly to take care on icy pavements and councils are putting their gritting teams on a war footing.

They are also advising people to check on older neighbours and relatives to make sure they are safe and wear shoes with good grip when outside.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Watchman44 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:10 pm

This sums up the weather outside nicely..........
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Oh well, another 50 tonnes of rock has fallen now due to the weather and it will be next year before the road reopens. :roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-20634872
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum