What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Penfold » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:15 pm

I wasn't around to post this but two things made me smile yesterday;

First: I got my super new lens for my camera, something I had been scrimping and saving up to get for several months now. :D

Second: My team (West Ham) unexpectedly beat the current European Champions (Chelsea) 3-1. :D :clap:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:39 pm

So what's the new lens then Penners and would I understand it if you told me. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:24 pm

I spent a good part odds the day surfing the web and watching youtube on what my new Galaxy's3 can do... and I have to voice commands working. Sooooo much fun. "Open Terry Pratchett forum" LOL. "Dial Eve" Mind you... it will NOT dial Truly my daughter... never heard of her. Me and that silly woman had a huge argument... well I did ... she is like ice that one...acts like a complete moron... "I don't understand your question... please repeat it" BLOODY WELL DIAL TRULY YOU IDIOT" ..... "DIAL TRULY!" "THERE'S SO SOMEONE CALLED TRULY IN MY CONTRACTS YOU DWEEB..DIAL TRULY!"

I had 14 alarms set for 7:30 PM until manually converted them for morning after screaming MORNING and AM repeatedly at the phone.

Still.... had fun!

Then I spent ages researching an app for a flashlight for the phone that used the flash like my old phone and one of the BEST things I use and Hayden plopped down.. took my phone off me... opened apps.. widgets.... and showed me that I had an amazing torch already on the phone !!!!!!! Hate when children do that.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Batty » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Del wrote:I spent a good part odds the day surfing the web and watching youtube on what my new Galaxy's3 can do... and I have to voice commands working. Sooooo much fun. "Open Terry Pratchett forum" LOL. "Dial Eve" Mind you... it will NOT dial Truly my daughter... never heard of her. Me and that silly woman had a huge argument... well I did ... she is like ice that one...acts like a complete moron... "I don't understand your question... please repeat it" BLOODY WELL DIAL TRULY YOU IDIOT" ..... "DIAL TRULY!" "THERE'S SO SOMEONE CALLED TRULY IN MY CONTRACTS YOU DWEEB..DIAL TRULY!"

I had 14 alarms set for 7:30 PM until manually converted them for morning after screaming MORNING and AM repeatedly at the phone.

Still.... had fun!

Then I spent ages researching an app for a flashlight for the phone that used the flash like my old phone and one of the BEST things I use and Hayden plopped down.. took my phone off me... opened apps.. widgets.... and showed me that I had an amazing torch already on the phone !!!!!!! Hate when children do that.

:lol: Have you tried talking to it with an American accent, yet?
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:05 pm

I DID !!!!!!!!! :lol:

and even englishy Indian.... because the guy on the YouTube vid had an Indian accent and he wasn't having any trouble at all.
Del

Postby cheery_j. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Well, it wasn't today, but yesterday, and it didn't make me smile, but laugh, but I still wanted to share: we got the first phone call from our godson, who will be ten months old in a couple of day.
His mum left the phone lying around and he must have hit re-dial. So when I answered the phone I heard a strange mix of happy baby gurgling, some grunting (you know the sound they make when they're busy with some serious playing) and what very much sounded like him licking the phone and hitting things with the phone (or the other way round).
I just put our phone on loudspeaker, so that bf could hear as well and we enjoyed the show. :mrgreen:
cheery_j.

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:28 pm

cheery_j. wrote:Well, it wasn't today, but yesterday, and it didn't make me smile, but laugh, but I still wanted to share: we got the first phone call from our godson, who will be ten months old in a couple of day.
His mum left the phone lying around and he must have hit re-dial. So when I answered the phone I heard a strange mix of happy baby gurgling, some grunting (you know the sound they make when they're busy with some serious playing) and what very much sounded like him licking the phone and hitting things with the phone (or the other way round).
I just put our phone on loudspeaker, so that bf could hear as well and we enjoyed the show. :mrgreen:

:D :D :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:40 pm

cheery_j. wrote:Well, it wasn't today, but yesterday, and it didn't make me smile, but laugh, but I still wanted to share: we got the first phone call from our godson, who will be ten months old in a couple of day.

:lol: awwwww. That's SO SO gorgeous! You should've got the mobile out and recorded it. Though I wouldn't think to. Would be too busy enjoying the show.

My daughter did that once with my mobile... here in Australia even disconnected mobile's will call emergency services ... she was in trouble so sat under the bed playing with the mobile... and a really nice lady talked to her... are you okay? You just keep talking to me... its alright I am here... as she gabbled on and on sobbing and babbling.

The emergency operator thought she was someone having a stroke and couldn't talk properly so kept her on the line while they tracked the signal of the phone by satellite. Oh yeah... police and ambulances screamed up to my house.....
Del

Postby Dotsie » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Of course they did del, it's you we're talking about ;) I'm only surprised they didn't send a helicopter :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Shup you !

Cheery ... that is one of the loveliest posts I have ever read.
Del

Postby cheery_j. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Del wrote:Cheery ... that is one of the loveliest posts I have ever read.

That's why I decided to share it. It cheered us up no end.

He called us on the snailphone, so we couldn't record it. Mobile would have been turned off anyway.

Dotsie wrote:Of course they did del, it's you we're talking about ;) I'm only surprised they didn't send a helicopter :lol:

Can you imagine how people suddenly started running around in panic when the mobile signal tracker guy shouted "Oh no! It's coming from DEL's house!!!! RUUUUUUN!!!!!". :mrgreen:
cheery_j.

Postby Toothy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:41 pm

So sweeeeet, Julesy! :D

And I should like to announce that, in honour of our successful 4-night run, I shall be sending you, Jules, (as promised in a moment of stupidity) a copy of The Calendar. Merry belated Hogswatch! ;)
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby cheery_j. » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Yay! :mrgreen:
cheery_j.

Postby Toothy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:33 pm

You can say that now but, when you see the calendar, remember it's your own fault. ;) :lol:
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Penfold » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:30 am

Lovely story Cheery. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum