Which show has the most dedicated fans (TV Guide poll)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Which show has the most dedicated fans (TV Guide poll)

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:
Dotsie wrote:It's sampling bias. Trekkies are all off playing dress-up and arguing over which was the best captain :P

What's there to argue? It was obviously Picard! :D

and my number 1 is always star trek, but I admit I couldn't be bother to register in order to vote. :roll:

You don't need to, you can use other sites, yahoo, google (and all their partner ones like youtube, etc), twiiter, facebook, etc

coughArchercoughcough

Tonyblack wrote:I really kind of dislike polls. They are never truly representative and never will be unless people actually tell the truth rather than responding about wheat they think should be the 'right' answer or the answer that makes them look the best. And then you have a whole and very large section of the population that refuses to take part in polls: another factor in making any results meaningless.

In a case like this, it's about which sort of fans can be bothered to vote. It's like these online polls where an Internet friend can win a competition due to a (for example) photo they have submitted to a competition. Then it's rarely about how good the photo is, it's more about how many Internet friends you have. And that's how it should be. I don't think anyone should take these sort of polls too seriously. The magazines tend to do them because they get a good response and people get annoyed when something they consider to be rubbish, gets lots of votes. :mrgreen:

Its all in good fun. (even debates resulting from them) :D I never take them seriously and i don't think most people do either (even ones that may act like they do) they can get conversations going, and like most stuf online they provide a small distraction.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 am

In this case it doesn't really matter, it's only if someone wants to publish 'real science' from it.

Kirk.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Dotsie wrote:It's sampling bias. Trekkies are all off playing dress-up and arguing over which was the best captain :P

You say it like there is something wrong with that............. :lol: :lol:

I have found alot of these "quizzes" are biased. As my dad always said... "Consider the source!" Good advice in all areas of life.

Some "quizzes" are put out by people with a vested interest in what is put UP for nomination in the first place.

Sister Jen wrote:Dedicated in what way, I wonder?
well... that opens up a whole OTHER can of worms dont it now ;) :D
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Alanz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:14 am

Tonyblack wrote:Maybe it should read: Which show has fans dedicated enough to bother voting? :lol:

:D :D :D :D
Alanz

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Alanz wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:Maybe it should read: Which show has fans dedicated enough to bother voting? :lol:

:D :D :D :D

There is always that, can we really be arsed. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:45 pm

The result are in. here the article on it

http://www.tvguide.com/News/TVs-Best-Fa ... 57708.aspx

I agree with some of the comments expressing confusion at why The Walking Dead is so high. I like the show, but it never seemed to be have an active fanbase. Large, certainly, but not in the leagues of Browncoats, trekkies, or whovians.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre