How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Dotsie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Del.

Saw this by chance today on Amazon. Wonder if it will kill off any germs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Sea-Spa-Ma ... 128&sr=1-1

Just on the skin, rather than a wound, then not as well as soap and water. Not viruses at all. More likely it would make you itchy. But some people seem to like it, if you feel 'pampered' then go for it I say.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby janet » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Feeling very small because of not feeling able to log into the forum when my spaniel had to be put to sleep and discovering that so many of you had sent the kindest thoughts at the time. Thank you everyone. One of these days I'll get round to posting pics and you'll see what a lovely boy Barney was. The border terrier, Penny, who is more or less blind and mostly deaf, has no teeth to speak of and I cook all her food (my choice) as every commercial type makes her fart unmercifully nowadays.....but at 15 she can be forgiven all that, still keeps up a reasonable quality of life.....ie. she's clean in the house (mostly), eats with relish the two solid meals i cook and place before her (it's so llittle effort really for a family member), sleeps a lot so I can go to work, loves her grooming time but wants it to go on longer so that I worry about leaving her hairless, wanders in circles in parts of the house between mealtimes which i think is a canine type of dementia but it distresses her more to stop her circling than to let her stop it herself so I let her stop in her own time and try to second guess when the circling means 'I really need to go out and .....'. Sometimes it takes a while to get it right but we have relatively few accidents and i think that when someone has been in the family for so very long then they deserve to have a bit more attention and respect for their dignity.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:17 pm

*HUGS* Janet.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Hugs from me Janet.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby michelanCello » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Hugs, Janet!

Del, Hope M gets better really soon! You too, Chris!

Mad, I'm sorry Kadri is gone, but it'll be great if she'll stay longer next year! :D At least you won't live all alone in that big house... ow, and happy belated birthday to her! :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Penfold » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:27 pm

*HUGS* from me too Janet.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby janet » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Thank you Tony and WW. Penny's just been out for her bedtime constitutional and when she decides to settle for the night I'll hot foot it upstairs to my little nest!
Almost worse than losing Barney was my daughter's Uni crisis soon after when she announced that she wanted to leave her course. My first reaction was 'I'm not the right person you should be talking to about this'. She was at the railway station on the way to spend the night with friends in Liverpool and see her favourite (Frank Turner) band. The upshot of talking with friends in various stages of degree courses in various Universities was that my daughter decided to stay with the course she set out to follow.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Jo of the Gates » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:20 am

chris.ph wrote:poxy norovirus, i was up all night exploding try throwing up after abdominal surgery :cry: but im feeling better now :dance: :dance:

When I had my caesarian, I also had a persistent deep cough for several days, so I sympathize.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
--Douglas Adams
Jo of the Gates

Postby chillicamper » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:52 am

(((HUGS))) to all of those in need of them :romance-grouphug:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Dotsie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 am

janet wrote:Thank you Tony and WW. Penny's just been out for her bedtime constitutional and when she decides to settle for the night I'll hot foot it upstairs to my little nest!
Almost worse than losing Barney was my daughter's Uni crisis soon after when she announced that she wanted to leave her course. My first reaction was 'I'm not the right person you should be talking to about this'. She was at the railway station on the way to spend the night with friends in Liverpool and see her favourite (Frank Turner) band. The upshot of talking with friends in various stages of degree courses in various Universities was that my daughter decided to stay with the course she set out to follow.

((((HUGS)))) Janet. Sorry for your loss :( As for your daughter, I left my first uni course, and now I've done, umm, a few. The best thing you can do is be a loving and supportive mum :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 am

Hugs Janet, very sorry about Barney :(

Chris, hope you get better real soon, hugs to you too Image
CrysaniaMajere

Postby chris.ph » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:22 am

im fine now crys thx

sorry to here about your spaniel janet, it really hurts to lose a pet
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm

(((((((Janet and family ))))))) SO sorry to hear about your darling dog.

But good news about your daughter though. Have near 20 nephews nieces and a daughter who had to work the maze that is uni . One nephew quit a month before his degree and now ten years on highly successful and happy. My daughter has deferred and happy with her choice. Three of them changed courses mid uni and loved that they did. She will be fine. As Dots said.. just supportive.

M is feeling a bit better. At least her eyes are clearing. And I can breath better so that's great. Yay.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Selkie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:14 pm

((((((Hugs)))))) janet. So sorry to hear about Barney.

I also had the Uni conversation with my son recently. He, however, decided to defer for a year and is now back home, working his ass off to save up for next year. I'm telling myself it's not the end of the world - happiness is more important.
Selkie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:17 pm

janet wrote:but at 15 she can be forgiven all that, still keeps up a reasonable quality of life..... wanders in circles in parts of the house between mealtimes which i think is a canine type of dementia but it distresses her more to stop her circling than to let her stop it herself so I let her stop in her own time and try to second guess when the circling means 'I really need to go out and .....'. Sometimes it takes a while to get it right but we have relatively few accidents and i think that when someone has been in the family for so very long then they deserve to have a bit more attention and respect for their dignity.

Sorry to hear about your losing Barney Janet (((hugs))).

We sort of have trouble with Xena 'circling' some of the time but were told by the guys at the RSPCA not to try and stop her as it's not really harmful and can be a kind of comfort reflex that feels pleasurable for her(in canines being dizzy seems to release endorphins or something? :? ). We're now seeing her do it more when she's excited or happy about mealtimes or about to go out to play and when there's nothing much happening she's more likely to come to us for cuddles, so I think you're right not to be too concerned unless it's getting around to comfort break time ;)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum