IDWCon 2013 (Limerick) website now open

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

IDWCon 2013 (Limerick) website now open

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:58 pm

The Irish 2013 convention website has just opened up for membership sales HERE

Regrettably it's NOT being held in the same place as the last 2 times (at the lovely Falls Hotel in Ennistymon, Co Clare) - possibly because they're growing and need a larger capacity venue. This one will take place at the Radisson Blu Spa Hotel in Limerick which looks pretty nice too :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Re: IDWCon 2013 (Limerick) website now open

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:51 am

Limerick will be a lot earsier for Penners to get to though as he was planning an overland trip to the Irish con.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Penfold » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:17 am

Looks good. I was planning on taking a couple of weeks vacation and having a little leisurely tour of Ireland, something I wouldn't be able to do from the air. (Having seen airport baggage handlers in action I don't think I would trust them with my camera gear either.) I might change my mind nearer the time, however. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:36 am

It's close to Shannon Airport and as it's a bigger hotel chain (the other place is a family business still) they have more conferencing facilities - with free broadband wi-fi! :lol: Limerick's less out of the way as well so easier to get to by road etc

Reading between the lines I think the Falls Hotel was getting too expensive and it's not ideal for wheelchair users (Hypatia was not too chuffed with her room which was a long way from all the main events).
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:03 am

Great location just outside what we affectionately call stab city in ireland. Limerick is the gangster capital of the country and has the highest crime rate in ireland.
It'll be grand though :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Leonardo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:30 am

I am interested in going, and it sounds like a great time, but I will not know if I will be able to go for a couple months as I have to make sure other plans do not end up happening before I can commit to this. Does anyone know what the registration window is, and when the last day I can register is? Also, I really like the format of the IDWCon website, and I would like to know what Web Hosting you guys are using. I have been shopping around for new web hosting for my personal blog. Any info would be great. Thanks!
Last edited by Leonardo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leonardo

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Welcome to the site, Leonardo! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi Leonardo

IDWCon website wrote:Membership
1. Buying membership allows you entry to the Irish Discworld Convention 2013. Your Badge will be provided on entry to the hotel at Registration. Your Badge allows entry to all but a few select events listed below. These selected events may be changed or altered prior to the event.

2. Failure to show your membership badge, or specified ticket, during the weekend will mean refusal to events.

3. The Irish Discworld Convention will provide your membership badge on entry to the convention. A reprinted badge will incur a fee.

4. The Irish Discworld Convention reserves the right to refuse admission.

5. Memberships are sold as non-refundable. Re-sales are at the discretion of the Irish Discworld Convention and will only be allowed up to 28 days before the Convention.

They haven't updated the site for a good while, but I think they'll be more active from around Easter next year. The membership deal normally seems to run down about 6 - 8 weeks prior to the convention, although the hotel deal may run about before that depending on take up, but they will offer 'returns' as stated in 5 above and you can sometimes pick up membership if you do a deal with the ticket holder direct provided you have something to say they've transferred it to you but that's something they'll announce nearer the time - they're reasonably good at eventually getting back to you via the website contact page ;)
Jan Van Quirm

Return to Terry Pratchett