Weather - or not!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Weather - or not!

Postby Penfold » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 am

Alanz wrote:Then we wait for the expected Freezing weather to come, is there no end, I thought it was supposed to be getting warmer, what happend to Global warming? :x

I've always found the term 'Climate Change' myself, since it seems more accurate. ;)

I hope everyone stays safe and dry. We only experienced high winds here and, as usual, bits of the neighbour's fence ended up in our garden. :lol: Surprisingly, we didn't appear to lose any roof slates this time. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Alanz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:22 am

It's finally stopped raining here a bit windy but easing a bit every hour :D :D
Alanz

Postby majomull » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Today it is snowing. Not a heavy snow, but enough to start accumulating. I am not ready for snow. :doh:
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby chris.ph » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:42 pm

ooooowwww just noticed alanz got his avatar finally :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Del » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:52 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:This was Ironbridge this morning, I live just up the hill from the bend in the road. The river is normally 15 feet below the road level and it is still rising today. It would have peaked midday tomorrow if we had no more rain but it started raining heavily again here 8 hours ago and is showing no signs of slowing. I think we are going to be cut off again and the houses and shops in the picture are going to be in real trouble :roll:

Everytime I see that bridge I love looking at all the joins in it. They constructed it as they might a WOODEN structure but in iron. (YES I watched a National Geo special on it! :oops: Hands up all the engineering junkies!)

Stay safe Mad. But then you are quite a bit up the hill right? So tell me.... with all this warning.... have the people near the river moved their belongings? Or at least up to the next floor? Would seem the best course of action.

Take heart peeps... WE are climbing into a heatwave here. Mid to high 30C's. And this is spring. Going to be a NASTY summer.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Winter is almost here zero degrees last night and snow on some of the hills this morning, I forgot how warm it is in London at this time of year compared to here. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Selkie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Is your shop going to be ok, Mad? Glad you live uphill.
Selkie

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:45 pm

I'll be fine, it's the people on the waterfront I'm worried about. As yet they are OK but it only stopped raining here a couple of hours ago and it takes about 3 days for the river to peak from the last heavy rains to fall upstream so we could be in for a bad week. When it does flood it cuts off half the town as the road floods either side of them, I had a look today and some properties on the opposite bank have the river halfway up their back gardens, another foot or so in depth and it will reach their houses.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Winter is almost here zero degrees last night and snow on some of the hills this morning, I forgot how warm it is in London at this time of year compared to here. :)

You heard it here first, folks.

Dug is moving in with Bouncy! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:52 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20506344
The body of an elderly woman has been found in a flooded home in St Asaph, north Wales, as heavy rain continues to cause problems in England and Wales.

The report doesn't mention the poor old girl.

It looks horrendous, but naturally there's a young twat in the background. :roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Winter is almost here zero degrees last night and snow on some of the hills this morning, I forgot how warm it is in London at this time of year compared to here. :)

You heard it here first, folks.

Dug is moving in with Bouncy! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I been back two years and on Sunday I was in Ealing visiting friends and it was warm about 11-12 degrees. :o
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Positively tropical for a Jock!! Shorts and tee-shirt weather for you, eh? ;) :lol: :lol:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Well I had a tee-shirt on but not shorts I did not want my legs to get sunburnt. :mrgreen: :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Watchman44 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Some places here are just a bit Wet!
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum