What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Broccolee » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:16 pm

.....oh,what made me smile today was that i got a phonecall from the lawyer telling me the court date has been cancelled and reset to the 17.12.
Also,the court helper called to say she was ill and couldn´t come either. :D :D :D
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:10 pm

This made me smile, from Twitter:

Mike Rotman ‏@mikerotman

I spent half the day putting up Christmas decorations before I remembered I was Jewish.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby KingCarrot » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:16 pm

:lol: :lol:
It's hard to be optimistic when there are all these clouds attached to my silver lining.
KingCarrot

Postby Del » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Broccolee wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Wie Geht's Broc. :greetings-wavegreen: :mrgreen:

:D Sosolala. 8-)

I actually know how to speak German. French is a total mystery to me.

Great news about your court date Broc.

I have a question...... on your avatar.... you list your place of residence as Alas, Germany. Now... is there really a place called "Alas" or is that tongue in cheek "alas I live in Germany and not somewhere else". It MIGHT seem a silly question to everyone else... but then someone has to ask the hard ones.

Have a wonderful time in Germany Dots. I loved it! Ohhhhhhhh go and see the striking clock in ummm Munich. But you have to check the times. It only does the full thing a few times a day. (I have no idea what I am talking about... google it).
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby KingCarrot » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:27 pm

I don't believe there is a place called Alas in Germany - I may be mistaken though.
It's hard to be optimistic when there are all these clouds attached to my silver lining.
KingCarrot

Postby Del » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:33 pm

THIS made me smile today.

It has been so badly missed when it got washed away in the floods we had (and SO dramatically too.... "The little tug that could" that saved our largest bridge).

They always said they werent going to replace the Riverwalk but they ARE! YAY!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensl ... 2a1hi.html

Cant wait to use it again. (and its kind of good seeing things come back after so long... I know its alot of money but it makes things FEEL normal... we noted last week that they had new floodlights up along another part of the river... sometimes things "look normal" but there is "something missing" that you cant put your finger on.... like the extra lights...) :D
Del

Postby KingCarrot » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 pm

I found one of my old PC games that I have been hunting around for over the last year or so... I can now go back to shooting random people in the head without actually harming anyone :D
KingCarrot

Postby cheery_j. » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Del wrote:I have a question...... on your avatar.... you list your place of residence as Alas, Germany. Now... is there really a place called "Alas" or is that tongue in cheek "alas I live in Germany and not somewhere else". It MIGHT seem a silly question to everyone else... but then someone has to ask the hard ones.

There's no Alas as far as I know. And it's not a silly question at all.

Del wrote:Ohhhhhhhh go and see the striking clock in ummm Munich. But you have to check the times. It only does the full thing a few times a day. (I have no idea what I am talking about... google it).

I know, to you XXXXians Germany is tiny, but it would still be a 7-hour-train ride from Berlin to Munich. ;)
Here's the link to the youtube video instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMNf2PW7DFI

PS: there's also one of those (much smaller, though) in Julestown. Just in case anyone is planning their tour through Germany . ;)
cheery_j.

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:31 pm

:lol: Been to Munich before thanks Del, just doing Berlin this time ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Well then... you need this....

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sugexp= ... l=38897761

you can click on the pics and get the info (at the top)

http://www.visitberlin.de/en

http://www.visitberlin.de/en/see/sightseeing This one has a map!

Sheesh.... and here we were thinking Dots was the clever one! Wot? She cant google? :lol:
Del

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Can't what? What's that word you just wrote? Mystery to me :?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:15 pm

KingCarrot wrote:I found one of my old PC games that I have been hunting around for over the last year or so... I can now go back to shooting random people in the head without actually harming anyone :D

:lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Del wrote:
Broccolee wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Wie Geht's Broc. :greetings-wavegreen: :mrgreen:

:D Sosolala. 8-)

I actually know how to speak German. French is a total mystery to me.

Great news about your court date Broc.

I have a question...... on your avatar.... you list your place of residence as Alas, Germany. Now... is there really a place called "Alas" or is that tongue in cheek "alas I live in Germany and not somewhere else". It MIGHT seem a silly question to everyone else... but then someone has to ask the hard ones.

Have a wonderful time in Germany Dots. I loved it! Ohhhhhhhh go and see the striking clock in ummm Munich. But you have to check the times. It only does the full thing a few times a day. (I have no idea what I am talking about... google it).
You have it correct Del
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby ChristianBecker » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:13 am

KingCarrot wrote:I found one of my old PC games that I have been hunting around for over the last year or so... I can now go back to shooting random people in the head without actually harming anyone :D

Unreal Tournament?

There's an Alas in Spain, although they write it with a fancy accent "Alàs".
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Del » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Ok... FINALLY I am smiling.... wasn't for most of the day. And certainly not now .

So... my HTC Legend hasn't been connecting or getting a signal for long for the past four days. This morning I missed a call for a job for work and when I got the boss it kept hanging up. Then it hung up on a client who was ropeable when it hung up two more times.

Raced down to my server and demanded answers. Now I was with 3 who have been taken over by Vodafone. And they are closing the 3 towers. But if I went to roaming to use vodaphone it would have cost me fortune. They hang 3 who insisted it was my phone. Voda guy said my phone was incompatible with new system. BUT 3 wouldn't give me a phone forbfree thatbwould access the system. But I have a year left on my contract. And not due for a free upgrade.

SO.. they wanted to charge me $400 to exit the contract !!!!!!!!!!!

NOT HAPPY JAN .

The voda man tried to tell them I would be calling the ombudsman and suddenly the exit fee was $125. Still not happy. That's when they suggested it was my phone and I would have to send it in for repair. AND they advised that since it was OUT of warranty it would cost several hundred dollars tobfix !!!!!!

Blackmail or what?

So voda finally offered me a better contract... I was nothin a receptive mood..but I still have to pay $75.

I still feel I shouldn't have had to pay anything. They wanted me to complete on a contract THEY couldn't supply.

Well... anyway... I now have a GALAXY SIII ...omg ! And double the data for the same price. And a a pocket wifi for free... that we now realise won't work for the pc as it isn't wifi enabled.... can I make it so?..

But the girls can't care less... suddenly all those gadgets they have are ONLINE. I never realised what we had. H has a laptop a tablet and there-arse finally let her bring her iPhone he gave her home. M has her phone and her iPod. You can hear a pin drop here. But I am not liking everyone disassociated on gadgets.

But.. i took a picture ... omg . Amazing. And and and and and....

I have Angry Birds Star Wars !!!!!

I hate typing on a phone. I want my pc working. This has free calls to my daughter and two sisters.

I am trying to get excited. Still upset about the whole drama and paying money when I shouldn't have to. No... it was their attitude that upset me.

Still have no idea what this phone can do.... but have heard rumours.
Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum