How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:49 pm

I will tell you this little anecdote. I was on this medication recently that might have done something for me, but it turned my urine blue. And in Britain, there are some men's restrooms where it's just a long gutter, do you get me?

Q: I get you.

A: So there I am, minding my own business as it were, getting on with the matter at hand, and I am aware of a certain stare from other men who are going about their business, when I realize that a trickle of bright blue is drifting down the trough. At which point I raise my hat and say, "I'm really enjoying my visit to your planet."

Q: I'm sure that got some interesting looks.


A: In England it gets a big laugh.


Read more: http://host.madison.com/lifestyles/fame ... z2D5598L48
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 11990
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby cheery_j. » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:36 pm

:mrgreen: ages ago, when I was a wee uni student I had to take medication that according to the package info could turn your urine brown.
So during a break me and friend are using the toilets in the uni building and I discovered that my urine wasn't brownish, but greenish. I had told her about the medication before, so of course I needed to share that discovery and shouted "I'm peeing green! Woohoo!"

I'll never forget the faces of the OTHER girls who were standing at the washbasins when I came out of the cubicle... I was only glad that I hadn't also shouted "do you want to have a look?" :roll:
User avatar
cheery_j.
Member
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby cheery_j. » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:37 pm

KingCarrot wrote:
cheery_j. wrote:So that's why we use those boring numbers on roundworld.... ;)

I sat down on a broken chair (which only creaked ominously, but didn't do anything else) at work yesterday. Seeing me jumping up again with a 'woaha' entertained the kids so much, I can easily imagine the hilarity had the chair collapsed.


Surely you would have to repeatedly sit on the chair until it broke? It wouldn't be fair on the kids otherwise.


Now that you mention it, I realize how selfish that was. I'll go and sit on that chair on monday.

(It's a bit difficult to explain without a drawing, but one of the chair legs really was broken, but you can still sit on it if you're careful. If you're not the whole construction will collapse.)
User avatar
cheery_j.
Member
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Selkie » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:50 pm

KingCarrot wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:There was a signing event, so yes I did. :)


<snip> I would probably just stand there stunned with my mouth open.

<snipped for TMI ;) >


Been there, done that, got the signatures :)
User avatar
Selkie
Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Batty » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:45 pm

KingCarrot wrote:I have been freezing cold today but relatively happy. The best part of the day was when a sign blew off a tree and hit me on the chin... it hurt slightly, but making over 20 people laugh made it all worthwhile - Oh how I do like cheering up the general public with my bad luck.

:lol: :lol: Did the sign warn people about the dangers of flying signs??
Image Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4654
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Penfold » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:49 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:
I will tell you this little anecdote. I was on this medication recently that might have done something for me, but it turned my urine blue. And in Britain, there are some men's restrooms where it's just a long gutter, do you get me?

Q: I get you.

A: So there I am, minding my own business as it were, getting on with the matter at hand, and I am aware of a certain stare from other men who are going about their business, when I realize that a trickle of bright blue is drifting down the trough. At which point I raise my hat and say, "I'm really enjoying my visit to your planet."

Q: I'm sure that got some interesting looks.


A: In England it gets a big laugh.


Read more: http://host.madison.com/lifestyles/fame ... z2D5598L48

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He could always have said, "I'm so tough I'm pissing Feegles!" ;)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
User avatar
Penfold
Member
 
Posts: 7128
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Worthing

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Del » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:04 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:
I will tell you this little anecdote. I was on this medication recently that might have done something for me, but it turned my urine blue. And in Britain, there are some men's restrooms where it's just a long gutter, do you get me?

Q: I get you.

A: So there I am, minding my own business as it were, getting on with the matter at hand, and I am aware of a certain stare from other men who are going about their business, when I realize that a trickle of bright blue is drifting down the trough. At which point I raise my hat and say, "I'm really enjoying my visit to your planet."

Q: I'm sure that got some interesting looks.


A: In England it gets a big laugh.


Read more: http://host.madison.com/lifestyles/fame ... z2D5598L48


Many years ago M was a toddler and at that stage where she was learning to go to the toilet all by herself so every visit was a grand occasion. We were due to have house guests coming to stay over so we were all busy getting ready and off she went by herself.... suddenly we heard this ear splitting scream of delight... I DID BLUE WEE !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had put a "Blu-Loo" in the cistern (a toilet cleaner block that goes in the cistern and turns the water blue). Since the toilet hadnt been flushed since I had, and then M flushed it she thought all the blue was from her. We were in tears of laughter and let her have her moment of glory.... until she started telling EVERYONE we met for days "I WEE BLUE !!" :lol: :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby KingCarrot » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Del wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:
I will tell you this little anecdote. I was on this medication recently that might have done something for me, but it turned my urine blue. And in Britain, there are some men's restrooms where it's just a long gutter, do you get me?

Q: I get you.

A: So there I am, minding my own business as it were, getting on with the matter at hand, and I am aware of a certain stare from other men who are going about their business, when I realize that a trickle of bright blue is drifting down the trough. At which point I raise my hat and say, "I'm really enjoying my visit to your planet."

Q: I'm sure that got some interesting looks.


A: In England it gets a big laugh.


Read more: http://host.madison.com/lifestyles/fame ... z2D5598L48


Many years ago M was a toddler and at that stage where she was learning to go to the toilet all by herself so every visit was a grand occasion. We were due to have house guests coming to stay over so we were all busy getting ready and off she went by herself.... suddenly we heard this ear splitting scream of delight... I DID BLUE WEE !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had put a "Blu-Loo" in the cistern (a toilet cleaner block that goes in the cistern and turns the water blue). Since the toilet hadnt been flushed since I had, and then M flushed it she thought all the blue was from her. We were in tears of laughter and let her have her moment of glory.... until she started telling EVERYONE we met for days "I WEE BLUE !!" :lol: :lol:


:lol: how sweet.
It's hard to be optimistic when there are all these clouds attached to my silver lining.
User avatar
KingCarrot
Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Del » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:34 pm

KingCarrot wrote:I have been freezing cold today but relatively happy. The best part of the day was when a sign blew off a tree and hit me on the chin... it hurt slightly, but making over 20 people laugh made it all worthwhile - Oh how I do like cheering up the general public with my bad luck.


:o :o :o

SEE? SEE? SEE?????

These things DO happen to other people.... not just me! :D
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby KingCarrot » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:39 pm

:lol:
It's hard to be optimistic when there are all these clouds attached to my silver lining.
User avatar
KingCarrot
Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Del » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Feeling like crap. I have had a fluey thingie that keeps moving around my body looking for a place to nest for a week (sore throat, then head stuffed up, til it finally found my lungs). But I had to work last week (happy happy joy joy being all bright and bouncy coughing my lungs up) and some meds make me sick so I put off taking the first dose of the medication til it was Saturday afternoon.... thank the gods I did... I threw up for 5 hours straight.

I KNEW there was ONE med I cant take when I have a lung infection and my doc has it noted in bold letters on my file next to my med allergies... but he was closed so I went to another doctor... and he gave me the bad evil tablets.

So I was ill all Saturday night and Sunday and still ill with the original lung infection and still had my body trying to expel the bad evil meds. Finally went to my doc today and got the right tablets. But of course the lung infection has got so much worse. He couldnt believe I didnt remember how evil these meds made me. (Yeah well... I was sick!) I am thinking about getting my first ever tattoo with "No Augmentin" emblazoned across my ... oh hell, anywhere!

Sick as a dog, the kids all have broken arms (only excuse I can come up with for them not helping out :evil: ) and inspections inspections inspections still going on. BLAH! At least I am on the right meds and should be on the road to recovery. :D
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Batty » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Can't you make a note about your evil meds on the notebook facility of your mobile? :confusion-shrug:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4654
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Del » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:08 pm

:doh: Why didnt I think of that! :roll: Done! :D
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
User avatar
Del
Member
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 am

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby KingCarrot » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Del wrote:Feeling like crap. I have had a fluey thingie that keeps moving around my body looking for a place to nest for a week (sore throat, then head stuffed up, til it finally found my lungs). But I had to work last week (happy happy joy joy being all bright and bouncy coughing my lungs up) and some meds make me sick so I put off taking the first dose of the medication til it was Saturday afternoon.... thank the gods I did... I threw up for 5 hours straight.

I KNEW there was ONE med I cant take when I have a lung infection and my doc has it noted in bold letters on my file next to my med allergies... but he was closed so I went to another doctor... and he gave me the bad evil tablets.

So I was ill all Saturday night and Sunday and still ill with the original lung infection and still had my body trying to expel the bad evil meds. Finally went to my doc today and got the right tablets. But of course the lung infection has got so much worse. He couldnt believe I didnt remember how evil these meds made me. (Yeah well... I was sick!) I am thinking about getting my first ever tattoo with "No Augmentin" emblazoned across my ... oh hell, anywhere!

Sick as a dog, the kids all have broken arms (only excuse I can come up with for them not helping out :evil: ) and inspections inspections inspections still going on. BLAH! At least I am on the right meds and should be on the road to recovery. :D


Get yourself on 5000iu of vitamin D each morning (D3 and not D2, that's important)... also reduce sugars (including grains) while you are ill. Hopefully it will help :)
It's hard to be optimistic when there are all these clouds attached to my silver lining.
User avatar
KingCarrot
Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Just dropped Kadri back at the railway station so she can go home to Birmingham so a bit down. I like having her around and she likes being here so she gets unhappy when I drop her at the station and that makes me unhappy as well :roll:

She was here for the weekend of her birthday and the next time she can get back will be sometime in January however it's possible that late next year she will take over the spare bedroom on a more permanent basis, if she can do her placement to finish her masters degree near here then she would like to become my lodger during that.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
User avatar
The Mad Collector
Member
 
Posts: 10046
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 am
Location: Ironbridge UK

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests