How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Awesome! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Selkie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 pm

(((((((Hugs)))))) Broc.
Selkie

Postby meerkat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:52 am

Cuddles, Brocc. I am always here for you even if I am not here... you know what I mean!

Happy today. Up to my eyeballs in dried frog pills (legit). Am off to the Stitch Fair in Harrogate tiomorrow with my cousin Georgie, who will be paddling her canoe up the motorway to me this afternoon.

Hope everyone else feels good today...tomorrow is Hogswatch!

More tea Vicar? I'll have some pink baubles if that's all right with you!
"Quick Nurthe, the Thcreanth!"
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:23 am

meerkat wrote:Cud

Sorry to burst your medicated bubble of happiness, but SATURDAY is Hogswatch - NOT tomorrow. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:52 pm

nothing wrong with medicated bubbles :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:18 pm

It's the day before our trip and we all have colds. :roll: But since it's Thanksgiving, I will be thankful that we're all still functional and in mostly good spirits and looking forward to the trip anyway. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:42 pm

chris.ph wrote:nothing wrong with medicated bubbles :lol: :lol:

Yours comes in pints Chris. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby KingCarrot » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:10 pm

I have been freezing cold today but relatively happy. The best part of the day was when a sign blew off a tree and hit me on the chin... it hurt slightly, but making over 20 people laugh made it all worthwhile - Oh how I do like cheering up the general public with my bad luck.
It's hard to be optimistic when there are all these clouds attached to my silver lining.
KingCarrot

Postby Broccolee » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks,guys,sooooo much for all your healing vibes and hugs.I´m feeling a bit better because I have my car back and it "only" costs 300 Euro because my neighbour (the car mech) has been a naughty boy and told my insurance that the front window was bust so they pay part of it.I know that´s really naughty but otherwise the repair would have been 750 Euro....(goodbye Christmas) so I´m really relieved.

I´m still worrying about the kids though although of course I´m soooo glad we "won".They are just behaving so uptight right now.....11 year-olds : urgh.14 year-olds: urgh.16 year-olds: urgh big time. :D

I know we´ll pull through this but it´s just like Del says:you see other kids their age and you just realize how different they have developed because of all of this and you wish they could just do and think kids stuff and not this crazy stuff all the time.

I´m so sorry for you,Del,I do know what you and the girls are going through,and I know that clause too,one of the reasons I was sued because they were unhappy when they were there and he said it was my fault.I just don´t believe these laws,they seem to me to be demeaning and completly past common sense or any principles of parenting.The kids had to go to a counselling session from the youth office for a while and they actually told them Daddy couldn´t help it,he was ill and the children should have more compassion for poor daddy and shouldn´t forget he was their daddy and they were supposed to love him.But it makes you worry how much they will put their trust in officials when they´re older when they´ve had this kind of experience.It makes you feel so helpless.

We were in luck though,as a few weeks before the court date,the youth helper we had been to so far quit and we got a new one who was very helpful,otherwise it would probably have turned out differently.

Please give H a big hug from me and tell her not to forget her guardian angel is probably pushing overtime. ;) She doesn´t have to go anymore when she´s 14,does she?At least thats the rule here.So she doesn´t have so long to go and something to look forward to.Although how I´d stand to part with any one of my kids for four weeks I don´t know.You´re all so brave,girls,I´m so proud of you.Keep on going!!

Dotsie...Levellers...very cool.I had a Cd once,but the ex took it when he left.My mum suffers from vertigo sometimes too.I think it´s scary!Good to hear you´re feeling better.
Meer...relish the bubbles,hun.Who knows when you get more! :D
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Jo of the Gates » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
meerkat wrote:Cud

Sorry to burst your medicated bubble of happiness, but SATURDAY is Hogswatch - NOT tomorrow. :lol:

How can Saturday be Hogswatch? I thought the holiday was analogous to the roundworld's Midwinter/Yule/Christmas.

And speaking of Discworld calendar, I think a couple of years ago I heard that we were in the Year of the Complicated Monkey. Is there a list somewhere?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
--Douglas Adams
Jo of the Gates

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Every year Hogswatch is celebrated on Roundworld in a small town in Somerset, England called Wincanton. It is officially 'twinned' with Ankh-Morpork, has the A-M Consulate there and several streets have been named after Ankh-Morpork streets.

They hold their celebrations generally on the last weekend in November, the Saturday being Hogswatch. This is the event that is officially appointed by Terry Pratchett himself - and he gets to say when Hogswatch is. ;)

Strictly speaking - if you go by the Discworld Companion regarding the length of a Discworld year, we'd only get to celebrate once every two years. :?

As to the names of the years - I believe that this is also down to Terry. I'm afraid I've lost track of what this year (or next year) is.
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:44 pm

I think it's the Year of the Second Inception Tony. :think:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Broc, Del, those laws are insane! :x I would love to know how you force your children to be happy. We can take our girls out for a movie and ice cream and sometimes they still find something to be miserable about.

KingCarrot wrote:I have been freezing cold today but relatively happy. The best part of the day was when a sign blew off a tree and hit me on the chin... it hurt slightly, but making over 20 people laugh made it all worthwhile - Oh how I do like cheering up the general public with my bad luck.

It's fun to make people laugh, isn't it? I had that experience at the zoo a couple of years ago when the llama I was feeding thanked me by spitting in my hair. :roll:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I think it's the Year of the Second Inception Tony. :think:

Just peeked at the CA site and that's what the new stamps say.
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Catch-up wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:I think it's the Year of the Second Inception Tony. :think:

Just peeked at the CA site and that's what the new stamps say.

That's next year, right? What's this year? :?
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum