Frustration Thread 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 am

Blimey. That's young.

Well, at around 17 she's legal. Perhaps they're more open about it now because she's left school, or, as you say, he's split with his wife.

Still, it's not a pleasant thing to have to see.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby swreader » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:15 pm

I'm just back from seeing Dr. Butler (who did the right shoulder surgery 3 years ago) and though the left one is still deteriorating, the real problem is that I have a rotator cuff tear (from the fall) on the right shoulder. He gave me a shot of cortisone, which I hope will help--especially since he told me that the recovery time for surgery to repair that injury is terribly long--at least a year. :shock: :(

And we still don't know anything about when Tony will be able to come--certainly not in November. Fingers crossed for Christmas, but I am doubtful right now. Thank heavens for Skype--but it's not the same. :violin:
swreader

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Hope they get it sorted out soon so you can both spend Christmas together.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Penfold » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 am

I hope the cortisone helps Sharlene and that Tony can get home in time for Christmas. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby chillicamper » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:38 am

swreader wrote:I'm just back from seeing Dr. Butler (who did the right shoulder surgery 3 years ago) and though the left one is still deteriorating, the real problem is that I have a rotator cuff tear (from the fall) on the right shoulder. He gave me a shot of cortisone, which I hope will help--especially since he told me that the recovery time for surgery to repair that injury is terribly long--at least a year. :shock: :(

And we still don't know anything about when Tony will be able to come--certainly not in November. Fingers crossed for Christmas, but I am doubtful right now. Thank heavens for Skype--but it's not the same. :violin:

Sorry to hear that. Hope the cortisone helps with the shoulder. I can believe the docs recovery time estimate. I had puttiplatt (sp :?: ) surgery on my shoulder to stop recurrent dislocation. Strapped up solid for 5 weeks then at least 6 months of physio to rebuild muscles. :roll: The doc then told me I should have a year off work! I was self employed at the time so just laughed at him. :roll:

Hope things improve soon for you and that Tony can get out there for Christmas.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Dotsie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 am

(((((((Hugs))))))) and what they all said :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 am

I'm sorry swreader, a big hug from me too. I'm not sure I understand all that, but I do hope the meds work, and that you too will be together as soon as possible. I'm crossing my fingers too!
CrysaniaMajere

Postby wicked woman » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:23 am

Hugs to you and Tony, fingers crossed you can be together for Christmas. And that the injection helps.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:34 am

As above.
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby meerkat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 am

<<<HUGS>>> Swreader. I hope the injections help and you and Tony can soon spend a nice time together. Keep taking the tablets!! Love Meerkat.
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby chris.ph » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:56 pm

as above(excepy for the meerkat bit) :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:12 pm

HUGS Sharlene! :( I hope the shot helps and you can avoid the surgery. I've got my fingers crossed that Tony can make it over by Christmas!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Broccolee » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Oh,Sharlene,it´s so frustrating to have to go through this on your own.

(((((HUGS)))))

I hope Tony will be able to be with you at Christmas.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Hugs, Sharlene.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby cheery_j. » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:54 pm

I wonder if another hug would be too much for your poor shoulder, Sharlene. I'll just put it here for you {{ }}, okay? Look, it's an extra fluffy one!

About three years ago my mum had terrible knee and shoulder problems (some wear and tear, surgery, a terrible fall and basically one making the other worse and the other being inoperable as long as the one didn't get better). She was in terrible pain and had to use morphine plasters - and even then she could hardly move. It was a terrible time for her and for all of us, and I can understand so well how hard it is that Tony can't be there.
However, after the necessary surgery could finally be done and some recovery time mum's now almost like new (she's got a cyborg knee after all, so not quite like new anymore ;) ). So I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that some (not to far off) day you'll be right as rain again (and of course that Tony will be allowed to go where he's needed, asap).
cheery_j.

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum