No, I completely agree with the concept of banning something that doesn't exist yet. Along these lines, I also firmly believe that Human Rights Watch must send around petitions to ban:
1. Traveling in time backwards to kill someone so they'll never exist, unless it's a bad person like Hitler, Bin Laden or the Kardashians.
2. Aliens who conduct anal probes on the people they abduct without their permission.
3. Indisciminate killing of vampires, werewolves and other undead creatures.
4. Lord Voldemort, Harry Potter or any other wizard using magic against muggles.
5. The creation of a Death Star or any other giant, moon-sized orbiting space weapon.
6. The capture, exploitation and butchery of Bigfoot, mermaids, Yeti, Nellie, unicorns and dragons.
7. The Rapture, unless a civilized, UN-approved process is instituted to determine who goes to Heaven and who gets left behind.
8. Computers from developing artificial intelligence and taking over the world by turning all humans into little bags of goo.
9. Dr. Who from meddling in intergalactic history
10. Any future "50 Shade of Grey" books.