Abridged Series...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Abridged Series...

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Quatermass wrote:That's part of the joke. Alucard (in the Abridged series, anyway) is basically like a big naughty boy, albeit one who is a complete sociopath. Seriously, in the next episode, he gets his boss, Sir Integra Hellsing (yes, she is called Sir Integra, don't ask), to bribe him with a 70-inch widescreen plasma TV with Netflix, all so he could watch Adventure Time, which is a cartoon if you didn't know. Of course, when the TV is shot by an enemy, Alucard is far from happy...

I bet he isn't happy.

Ah, I didn't get it then. That dialogue shows us the kind of crazy he is.

Is Sir Integra transgender?
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Quatermass » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:
Quatermass wrote:That's part of the joke. Alucard (in the Abridged series, anyway) is basically like a big naughty boy, albeit one who is a complete sociopath. Seriously, in the next episode, he gets his boss, Sir Integra Hellsing (yes, she is called Sir Integra, don't ask), to bribe him with a 70-inch widescreen plasma TV with Netflix, all so he could watch Adventure Time, which is a cartoon if you didn't know. Of course, when the TV is shot by an enemy, Alucard is far from happy...

I bet he isn't happy.

Ah, I didn't get it then. That dialogue shows us the kind of crazy he is.

Is Sir Integra transgender?

No. She's a woman who dresses in suits. Believe me, she's far more androgynous in the original TV series version. There were two adaptations of Hellsing, one for TV, and another straight-to-DVD series called Hellsing Ultimate, which is closer to the original manga comic. In the former, you would be mistaken for thinking she might be a transgender. In the latter, she's definitely a woman.

However, her androgynous nature is why Alexander Anderson calls her a 'crazy Protestant bast***' in the Abridged Series.

As for why she's called Sir Integra, well, the main reason is that the author of Hellsing is, of course, Japanese, and may either not have researched how these titles go, or else didn't give a crap.

As for Alucard being crazy, no. He's a sociopathic vampire who has lived for centuries (his name will give you a clue as to who he really is), but has the heart of a small kid. And a violent kid at that. After his TV is destroyed, and he decides to stop playing around with his opponent, he takes a leaf out of Eddie (from Bottom), and says "Y'know, they say TV makes you violent. But I say not having my TV is making me pretty f***ing violent!" While, incidentally, shooting his opponent's legs off. :shock: :lol:
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby KingCarrot » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Good stuff lol.
It's hard to be optimistic when there are all these clouds attached to my silver lining.
KingCarrot

Postby mystmoon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Oh man, I love abridged series, but I think You-Gi-Oh:TAS is still the best one

A few friends of friends have been making one for a while too though, here's the first episode
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Quatermass » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:36 pm

I've watched a few episodes of Nullmetal Alchemist. It...didn't quite take my fancy, although part of the reason why is that I never watched the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime series. I have become interested in the manga and its direct adaptation, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. You know (distantly) Faulerro?

As for Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series being the best...that's debatable. I think it has passed its peak. But it certainly broke a lot of ground, and it's still enjoyable, and the latter is what counts in the end.
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby mystmoon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:39 pm

I'm a big FMA fan so yeah, that probably explains it ^^; all the adaptions are good though, but the manga and brotherhood are a lot longer and more detailed (and follow the same plot)

I haven't seen that many others I'll admit, Yu-Gi-Oh!TAS just holds a special spot for me for being the first (and it says something that I found it funny despite not knowing anything about You Gi Oh itself)
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum