What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby cheery_j. » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:39 am

michelanCello wrote:The Ring wanted to be found!

It's great that the ring isn't lost, but THIS sentence made me wonder about the whole thing...are you sure there are no burning mountains nearby and you have never noticed any mumbling creatures snuffling around the house, Del? ;)
cheery_j.

Postby chillicamper » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:42 am

Del - congratulations to Hayden -2 awards! :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

KingCarrot - well done for the party. I used to be quite shy (not the same thing I know) but found that when I am with other people with the same interests/hobbies I could speak to them more and that in turn gave me more confidence. It was one of the reasons I bought my VW camper - the old VW community is filled with nutters who need to know they are not the only mad person with a personal money pit :lol: :lol:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:33 am

That's a wonderful story, Del, I'm so happy for you two :D

Congratulations to Ava and Hayden! :D
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:14 pm

YAY Hayden!! Tell her I think she is awesome! :D And I loved the story about the ring. Got me all teary too.

I'm smiling because Hubby will be flying back in today. He had to do another trip out to DC and it was not the best timing for us. But, he'll be back today. :D Then we have just one more day before Thanksgiving break starts on Thursday. We could all really use it! Right after the holiday we'll be driving down to Florida to visit with family. We're surprising the girls with a very short stop in Disney on the way down. :D Just a couple of days. We're going to go to the Christmas party in the Magic Kingdom and do a couple extras like mini-golf and shopping. Can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they realize where we're going. Although, I swear Thing 2 is on to me! Really looking forward to some relaxing time with family afterwards. We're hoping it will be nice enough to go to the beach and we may visit Legoland.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm so jealous! Hope you all have a great time :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks! :D It was thrown together so last minute that it doesn't even seem real to me.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby raisindot » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Del, if you didn't exist, we'd all have to invent you--after numerous G&Ts.... :D
raisindot

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:49 pm

I got a birthday card from Sharlene in today's post. :D Of course I had hoped to be over there for my birthday so the card was sent late, but it really brightened my day.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Well done Ava, and Hayden.

Wonderful story, Del. The turning point, perhaps.......... ?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Batty » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Del, that is wonderful! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby KingCarrot » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Not as awe-inspiring as Del's post but I just created the ultimate, super-healthy raw cacao and honey bar and it was delicious. Believe me, it was nice enough to mention on here! lol.

:D
It's hard to be optimistic when there are all these clouds attached to my silver lining.
KingCarrot

Postby Dotsie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Just booked our pre-christmas trip to Berlin in December :D :D :D Now, who can teach me German in the next four weeks? ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Dotsie wrote:Just booked our pre-christmas trip to Berlin in December :D :D :D Now, who can teach me German in the next four weeks? ;)

Now I'm the one who's jealous! :D Can't wait to hear about it and please share some pictures if you can.
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I got a birthday card from Sharlene in today's post. :D Of course I had hoped to be over there for my birthday so the card was sent late, but it really brightened my day.

:D
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby michelanCello » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Dotsie wrote:Just booked our pre-christmas trip to Berlin in December :D :D :D Now, who can teach me German in the next four weeks? ;)

DOTSIE! You'll be so close! Why not add a trip to Bp - Christmas Market is open, it's totally worth it ;)

What made me smile? MUSE LIVE IN BUDAPEST! Totally awesommmme! :D :D :banana-guitar:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum