What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Del » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:12 pm

CONGRATULATIONS AVA !!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap: :angelic-little: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-angel: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance: :happy-partydance:

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hayden got a special postcard in the mail this week too... it was from her teachers for being punctual to school all term. She was so very chuffed and excited... and THEN today ... she came home with a Principals Award given to her on weekly school parade for being a nice girl in the playground. She was SO excited.

Tell mummy to tell us about ALL the awards you two girls get from now on.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:22 pm

And congratulations to Hayden too! It's nice to know that punctuality is noticed and appreciated. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Congratulations from me as well Hayden! :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby KingCarrot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:33 pm

You don't know me, but congratulations!
It's hard to be optimistic when there are all these clouds attached to my silver lining.
KingCarrot

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Congratulations Hayden! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:40 pm

HUGE HAPPY DAY HERE !!!!!

Back story: Truly is my 25yr old. My hubby was her dad. When I met him he was a recording engineer in the music industry. Before that his family owned a few gem leases and a gold mine up in Central Queensland.. they still did but didnt mine them anymore. That is why he was a recording engineer... a dump truck full of tailings (fill) rolled on him and broke his back. He was in hospital for a year and then retrained as a recording engineer.

When we met and fell in luuuuv we decided to get married straight away but had to wait 8 weeks (law here) so between his music gigs (he was on tour) and the wedding day in Brisbane, he snuck back up to the gold mine and mined enough of the gold to make my wedding band, got it back to Brisbane, had it assayed, and made into a ring. (go awwwwwwwww now).

We had Truly, split up a few years later but stayed great friends, he got remarried and had 6 little girls with his new partener, got cancer and he died very young. Truly was 13 or 14 and adored her dad as much as he adored her and it destroyed her.

When she turned 18 I gave her the ring for her birthday to remind her always that she was born of a great love between two people who's greatest accomplishment was to create her. She treasured it.

When she was living with her first boyfriend (ratbag idiot features) he had people around to her flat at times who had no morals or quarms about lifting some of her things. Eventually she split up with him and after she did he burnt his house down (accidently) and all her stuff with it (all except a few boxes of stuff she had stored at my house when they had shifted to a smaller house). I was so upset for her losing her stuff that she eventually told me it was nothing to losing her dad's and my wedding ring... which had disappeared when she lived with her ratbag idiot features boyfriend and that she had had so much stuff disappear she figured it had been stolen too.

Well you know how our house is up for sale?

I told her she had to come around and sort through HER gear in the garage as I needed to get things in order and she kept putting me off as it was going to be a nasty job. The garage had been flooded and it was not up to me to see what could be saved as there was so much in her collection of weird and wonderful stuff that only she could go through it... and most of it was mouldy. Nasty job.

She came over this morning and we got stuck in.. it was like a trip down memory lane (would you believe she had saved the first ever alcoholic drink?) amazing collection of Harry Potter stuff when she was obsessed (all in original boxes!), notes and cards from Poppy and Grandma. Poems, school awards (she was once presented with a medal of excellence from the French Ambassador), etc, etc, etc. She was ruthless and threw most of it out as we all eventually do. We cleaned what was salvagable and most treasured and ended up with ONE box from the whole garage! :clap:

But she found the silver heart shaped box that I had engraved for her 18th....... and was pulling out the tissue paper in it
AND THERE WAS THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were in tears!

You see, the ring is even moreso special now, because after her father died, Truly went back to the gold mine to scatter her fathers ashes.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Now you've got me in tears too! How absolutely marvellous for you both. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:55 pm

That is so wonderful Del. After such a crappy year it's about time something fantastically nice happened to you and your family. Hopefully this signals a turning point in your fortunes. :handgestures-fingerscrossed: :D :D :D :D :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:05 pm

I could not be more delighted if you'd found it in a fish. Wonderful :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Really glad for you KingCarrot. :) I'm shyer than I'd like to be myself.So big thumbs up.
and very happy for T,Del. :D Must have been such a nice moment seeing that ring.
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby chris.ph » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 pm

my mrs told me to get of my arse earlier to go for a walk, so i told her i wasnt lying on my stomach, she wasnt impressed :lol: :lol: :whistle: :whistle:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby KingCarrot » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Del, that is incredible - so happy for you and Truly.

It was like her dad was protecting it for her, how sweet.
It's hard to be optimistic when there are all these clouds attached to my silver lining.
KingCarrot

Postby michelanCello » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Del, that's wonderful, I'm also near crying! :D Happy-happy day! The Ring wanted to be found! ;)

Also congrats to you, KC! It's important to feel for yourself that you're making progres! :D :clap:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:37 pm

A bit of good news Del great.

@Chris :lol: like it :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Joolz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Del...Love it :D :D :D
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum