How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 am

Dotsie wrote:I've woken up with vertigo :? We went to see the Levellers last night, which was brill, but I thought I'd taken a bit more care not to get injured than last time. Looks like I shook something loose :lol: Spending the day working from home and falling over a lot, I suppose.

Try and stay . . . level. :?

Hope you are feeling better soon.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Sorry you're not feeling well Dotsie. :( I'm glad you have the option to work from home. Do you think you might have an ear infection?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Batty » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Vertigo is a pain. At least when you stagger around you can't blame it on the drink! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Penfold » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Batty wrote:Vertigo is a pain. At least when you stagger around you can't blame it on the drink! Image

Maybe a drink or three would balance things out? ;)

Hope it goes away soon Dotsie. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Ta guys :) It might be a viral infection, they're not that uncommon and there's plenty of viruses circulating a work at the moment. It's already much better than it was, this morning I couldn't even sit up or turn over in bed. It was like all the little 'hairs' in my inner ear got stuck in one position in the night :? Ah well, maybe it's just old age!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:54 pm

It's the balance wossis name in your ear that can cause that, hope your up and running soon Dotsie.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 pm

You shook something loose in the mosh pit. Nobody notices when teenagers do that. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Not even the teenagers :lol: No more gigs for me (well, just one next month, then we'll see).
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Go to a doctor Dotsie!!!! Sheesh! Years ago I woke up with vertigo.. so bad... even when I was lying down. Went to see the doc and was rushed to hospital BECAUSE it was there while I was lying down. Turned out to be something to do with the Vagus nerve having some effect on my brain. Took me ages to get over it. Walked like a drunk for weeks.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm

((((((BROC AND BABY BROCS))))))))))))))))

My heart goes out to you sweetie. If anyone can identify.... We got slammed in our court case and H was ordered back to the ex-arse (and ordered back HAPPY :roll: .. yep there is a clause there that says if she isnt happy going to stay with him then I can be held legally responsible! She is having so many moods the last month or so and is getting really wound up as his weekends come around. Was in tears today. When I asked her what was wrong she said the school term is finishing in a few weeks. I thought she was sad for missing her friends but she said it is because she has to go to her fathers for four weeks and is so scared. Poor baby.

My kids were interviewed by a "Court Psychologist" and the report basically said they were exaggerating (lying?). The after effects of that on the girls has been worse than anything else. M is still so angry that she wasnt believed and worried for H going back. H doesnt feel like anyone will ever believe her again. M started councelling at the youth mental health group again today (SO hard to get places with all the cuts here) and I am STILL trying to find a place to talk to H (and SHE is the one who has to go to him every second weekend!!!) I feel like the courts and the "system" have failed the girls at every step and still continue to do so. But somehow we are getting through this. I cant only imagine what you have been through (imagine only because I dont know the system where you are). No wonder you have been AWOL. I look back on the last year (or more.. I have no idea about time anymore)... at least I am not crying my eyes out everyday and terrified to face the day.

You will get through this too Broc. So will the kids. Look on the bright side hun. The children are safe with you now. They were believed. If I can be blunt.... I would love to meet your ex in a dark alley for the %&*$# men like this put our darling kids through psychologically just for the fun of it or to get at us. Then they walk away and WE are left to pick up the pieces... and what really pisses me off ... is that it is totally unnecessary! They should be BEING normal great kids and doing kid stuff instead of spending even a minute having to GO to councelling because of this bullshit. And I am sure that you, like me, are a terrific parent and if the ex-arses hadnt done this, then they would have memories of childhoods of laughter and fun and great things... NOT have to deal with this! And its unfair that YOU have to deal with this. I think that is one of the things I hate the most.

They will find their center. They know you have their backs hun. xxxxxx

You have been put through hell but there have been SO many good things come out of this at the end of it (yeah I know it doesnt feel like it will ever end). You need to memorise the good things and repeat them like a mantra every day. You have the kids you have the kids you have the kids. I am SO happy for you and them that they dont have to stay over with him anymore.

I am still only NOW finding out more and more what happened at the ex-arse's. In some ways when they do let something else slip it scares me ... what else happened? But I figure I will deal with it when it comes... because.... I have the girls. It feels like a marathon sometimes and I wonder if I am strong enough to get through but I know you have a strong heart and alot of love for your children (or else it wouldnt have affected you so badly) and you will hang in there too mate.

Broc I dont know what to say that can be of any help... except... if you need to... call on me... ANYTIME AT ALL. The rest of this lot are AMAZING at giving healing vibes and great big ears and huge shoulders and sometimes just a hug when you really need one. It helps to know you are not alone. And you aren't. We are here.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Hope you feel better soon, Dotsie! :)
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:33 pm

I'm just feeling tipsy now, I honestly think I've just slept on my inner ear funny :shifty:

Del, sorry your girls have had to go through so much. How are they not believed? Even if they were lying their asses off (of course I know they're not), isn't the fact that they don't want to see the man enough to prevent it anyway? Grrrr! :evil:
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Hugs to Del and Dotsie!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Del & Broc more hugs! I hate everything that you and your children are having to go through. :(

Dotsie, how are you feeling today? Better I hope.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Cured, thanks! Just one of those things I guess.
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum