Pantomimes

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Pantomimes

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 am

I was in the Cardiff city centre this morning and noticed signs for this years Panto, Sleeping Beauty "starring" Joe Pasquale*.

I realise that Panto is a very British thing, but it got me to thinking that without panto, many has-beens of stage, screen and TV would be out of work.

So, my question is: Which has-been nobody is starring in your local panto this year? :lol:

* Joe Pasquale - sheesh! To think that they had John Barrowman a couple of years ago. :roll: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Re: Pantomimes

Postby Penfold » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:07 am

We've got no one particularly famous with Bobby Crush being the only one that I've heard of. I never go to pantos but I do enjoy the one they show each year on the tv, with an 'all star' cast, that can contain one or two jokes for the adults. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Bickaxe » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:32 am

Joe Pasquale here....oh... :D
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Ours has an actor who was in Bread, can't even remember his name, he was supposed to be the handsome one. Can't get much more obscure I think :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 pm

You can almost imagine some one-time star of the 70s sitting at home all year thinking - at least I may get a panto at Christmas time. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:59 pm

I went and saw a pantomime in Bath when I was in the UK. Indeed, I managed to persuade my mother to arrange the trip to Bath around the panto dates so I could see it. The reason? Colin Baker (whom I wouldn't call a has-been) was in the show. It was Jack and the Beanstalk, and Colin Baker was the villain, Fleshcreep.

It was...quite the experience. Seriously. Besides being strangely highly entertaining, you will never hear anything like Colin Baker singing Let's Do The Time Warp Again from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. He didn't quite hit all the notes, but he more than made up for it with that damned powerful, operatic (yes, operatic) singing voice.
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 am

I watched a series called Seven Dwarfs, about dwarf actors doing panto. I was really, really good.

That's hilarious about Joe Pasquale. I first heard his name on Black Books. It's in this episode around the 17:30 time mark. I thought it was a joke, especially the voice, then someone told me he was real.

Now, Joe Pasquale reads Heidi.

Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Alanz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:06 pm

I can honestly say that i have never been to a Pantomime,don't know why i've just never got riund to it, suppose i'll get round to it one day, seeing as i've got one Grandchild and another one that is imminent :D
Alanz

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:03 am

was just looking to see who was in panto this year and found this at the bottom of the screen
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:43 pm

I have fond memories of them used to go to see them when I was young, had a great time shouting at the baddies. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to TV, film, theatre