Postby Joolz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Ooops blown his cover :lol: :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Penfold » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 pm

chillicamper wrote:Good to hear you're feeling better Catch up.

I'm feeling very proud of my little girl after yesterday's parents evening. The teachers said she was a joy to teach and just wants to learn everything :D :D She's also had a rough time recently with anxiety and panic attacks. The teachers commented though that she had been soooooooo much better in the last few weeks. We have been working hard to help her deal with the attacks and she does seem to be getting better at dealing with them :D Thank you to the Catchup for the super book she sent to help. It really has been a sanity saver and has worked wonders in helping H deal with the attacks. We have our smiley little girl back :D :D :D :D

Now just mentally preparing for Ds parents evening later in the week - I have a feeling that one won't be as smooth ......once I start telling them what I think of recent events :shock: :lol:

YAY for H!! Tell her I'm so proud of her. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Joolz wrote:Hugs for all those that need (or want) them :D

Saw the doctor fella today and they're operating on my wrist/hand on the 8th December..I'm off work til after Christmas :D :D :D

Ouch. :( Sorry Joolz.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 pm

OK, so I'm traumatised by events in my kitchen (usually it's Mr Dotsie who's traumatised by this). I got up, quitely so as not to wake Mr Dotsie, said hello to Muppet and put his music on (no judgements please :P ), pottered back into the kitchen to make breakfast... then got harrassed by some massive flying thing :shock: It was an inch long! :shock: So I immediately let out a wail, "Mr Dotsie! MR DOTSIE!!! Help! Helphelphelp!" The poor man came flying down the stairs, worried to death, saying "What is it, what is it?" Me "I think it's a HORNET!!". Well it turns out it was a wasp, but a bloody big one, so Mr Dotsie did his manly thing of killing it, but I wouldn't let him put it in the bin so he had to throw it outside (in his pants, poor man :oops: ).

Mr Dotsie "I didn't even know you were up"
Me "Yeah, I was being quiet cos I didn't want to wake you". He was so grateful :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Dotsie, Wouldn't Mr D's pants be too big for the wasp. :whistle: :whistle: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:54 pm

:lol: Great story!

I was up early too unfortunately. Woke up to a sound then couldn't get back to sleep because the whole school issue started swirling around in my brain. If only there were a way to shut that off. Gave up about 5am and got up. I'm seeing some extra cups of coffee in my future.
Catch-up

Postby Batty » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:26 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Dotsie, Wouldn't Mr D's pants be too big for the wasp. :whistle: :whistle: :mrgreen:

Image Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Batty » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 pm

I don't know whether to put this is the Frustration thread, or the 'What Made You Smile' thread - so decided to post it here!

Yesterday, my main computer would not connect to the internet, even though my wireless laptop would. I didn't know if it was because BT workmen are digging up pavements and doing whatever it is they do, or if it was the massively long windows update that took place yesterday morning, but whatever the cause, 'twas frustrating (even after all the vino).

This morning I had the same problem, but owing to the advice given by certain members of this forum to others, a while ago, I actually managed to complete a 'System Restore' to a time before yesterday's update.
It may be a really simple and straightforward task for most of you, but anything technical for me is daunting!

... And it worked! I can access the internet again, and it's thanks to YOU! I'm feeling really chuffed with myself as well! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Dotsie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Yay for boardies who know about tinternet! (I am not one of them :oops: )

Batty wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Dotsie, Wouldn't Mr D's pants be too big for the wasp. :whistle: :whistle: :mrgreen:

Image Image

Well, it was a big wasp... but yes, Mr Dotsie's pants are bigger ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Batty wrote:I don't know whether to put this is the Frustration thread, or the 'What Made You Smile' thread - so decided to post it here!

Yesterday, my main computer would not connect to the internet, even though my wireless laptop would. I didn't know if it was because BT workmen are digging up pavements and doing whatever it is they do, or if it was the massively long windows update that took place yesterday morning, but whatever the cause, 'twas frustrating (even after all the vino).

This morning I had the same problem, but owing to the advice given by certain members of this forum to others, a while ago, I actually managed to complete a 'System Restore' to a time before yesterday's update.
It may be a really simple and straightforward task for most of you, but anything technical for me is daunting!

... And it worked! I can access the internet again, and it's thanks to YOU! I'm feeling really chuffed with myself as well! Image

Nice one Batty! It feels great when you fix something like that. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Broccolee » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:42 pm

.....mainly tired...a lot of headaches....which is one reason I wasn´t online for a looooong time again.am having court hearings and lawyer appointments and court helper evaluations and all sorts of stuff.

At least at the last court hearing the judge finally got the report from the youth and court helpers (which was devastating,turns out a lot of stuff must have happened I never knew about!!!) and decided on a complete stop of access!!

Now imagine what the report must have said....I was in tears....the court helper said it wasn´t my fault,that kids often don´t tell the other parent because they feel they need to PROTECT the parent and try to keep up the normal routine....but still....
The judge said they all have to go to trauma therapy and then,after the basic therapy,the therapist would help the kids to decide if they feel up to seeing their dad during therapy so they can tell him what they think of him,but they would not have to see him outside supervised access ever again.He is allowed to write a letter at christmas and to birthdays,but not allowed to come to the house either for as long as the therapy is ongoing.Of course,now he´s making maintenance fuss.

On the one hand,I´m so relieved for the kids,on the other.....

Then I was at the school at parents´day day before yesterday.The teachers said the kids were really bad at school atm,they´d all screwed the last class tests completely....no wonder,the last set of tests were all around the time they had these sittings with the court helper...and J and B´s behaviour is especially striking.J (14) spends his time at school listlessly staring out the window and hasn´t joined in lessons at all for weeks.B (11)is loud,starts fights and quarrels,kicks against the table during lessons,doesn´t bring her stuff,doesn´t do her homework,you get the picture.C (16)doesn´t talk,doesn´t participate,is sulky and screws the tests.I told all the teachers what was the matter...I was at that school for three hours...and felt fit to be wrung out at the end of it.
I´ve applied for private tutoring so they don´t miss out on anything vital and the teachers were more than glad to give me the necessary papers for it.Hope it helps.

The story goes on.....two days ago in the morning I was driving in the car with Em (5) down a rather steep hill with some speed (I know the road,there isn´t much traffic) and wanted to brake and change gear for the bend at hte bottom of the road when suddenly...the clutch went!I tried treading it but it just didn´t come...so I braked as far as I could and cut the motor,letting the car roll out on a parking space I could swerve into from the bend.Thank god there wasn´t any traffic and I could still steer!!! I had left my mobile at home so had to hike to the school (with wee one tagging along) which was nearby and asked if I could phone the ADAC from theirs.I then marched to Ced´s classroom and got him out of the lesson to borrow his mobile so the ADAC could phone me back.("Oh no....it´s my MUM!!!") Then went to the nearby park with the wee one and waited two hours for the truck to pick up the car and take it to the garage.

I asked Ced to come to the park after school and take Em home with him (on his bike :D ) because she was getting cold and tired and bored.Thank god this all happened locally and at daytime,it could have been really really awful.When Ced was gone with the little one I realized he had taken my KEY....with the car key on it....so I phoned my mum to ask her to go to mine and tell Ced when he had arrived home to leave Em with gran and drive all the way back to bring me the key...he was still on his way back when the truck arrived so I asked them to wait for my son.They did but they werent pleased.

When the truck had finally set the car off at the garage the mech said the repair would be at least 500 Euro...and thats the price off the books because one of the mechs is my neighbour.AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!He did say maybe he can let it run through the insurance....I´m sure this is somehow illegal buuuuuut......And NOW the neighbour has broken his arm and I don´t know when I´m going to get my car back.AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!

Then I asked the pickup truck guy if he could drop me off at the school on the way back because guess what... it was the parent´s day!!After that I walked to the tutoring institute to hand in the application papers so as to get the kids started as soon as possible.THEN I walked home.I was home in time for a late tea.My feet were slightly tattered and my nerves too.

The next court appointment is on the 26th,this time about maintenance (because the ex-arse is kicking up a fuss,as mentioned) and the divorce,which is still not through.If this carries on through December,I shall personally cancel Christmas.

BUT at least MY bum isn´t itching!!!!!!! Neither have I any wasps in my pants or elsewhere!!!! :D :D

Catchup,I know these three o´clock in the mornings.I have them,too,but I drink tea.Try writing in your diary when you wake up,it always helps me.Oh,and a piece of chocolate of course.The bigger the problem,the bigger the chocolate!!!

Chili,my sincerest regard.Don´t I know these school problems!!!Keep on keeping on and tell your little one you´re right behind her.Often it´s the most successful grownups that had the worst time of it at school,because they grow up against the stream.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Dotsie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm

:( Sorry to hear your kids have been so affected by this. Hope you get the maintenance sorted out soon.
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Ye gods Broc you seem to be as big a disaster magnet as Del at the moment. I hope it all sorts itself out soon and you get the car back quickly and the legal stuff doesn't drag on

(((((Big hugs for you and your kids)))))
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby chris.ph » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm

as above broc
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum