What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Catch-up » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
Catch-up wrote:
wicked woman wrote:Ordered some certificates for my family history stuff. :D

Cool! I've always thought of looking into our family history. Is it difficult to find the stuff you need?

Ava was soooo much better when she got up yesterday. :D I decided to walk downtown and check out the Wine, Women & Shopping event. I've never made it to one and thought I'd see if I could get some xmas shopping done. Really beautiful day, perfect weather! Really busy though, some of the shops were difficult to move through. I did get some gifts for my sister. And, splurged on a new pair of shoes for me. :shifty:

Was that the ones hubby was going to pay for. :lol:

8-)
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby michelanCello » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:14 pm

@Bouncy: :lol: :lol:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:45 pm

This made me more than smile! A headline on Digital Spy.

Pippa Middleton book beaten by Peppa Pig

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Yes, but which of them has the better hams? ;)
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby majomull » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:03 pm

I received final appproval to start sending out over 1200 patient refunds from errors made with our old billing system. Some of these have been in-system for 6 years before they were dragged out of various insurance companies. So over the next few months I will be surprising a lot of people with a check.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:59 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:Yes, but which of them has the better hams? ;)

The one with Morpork in it. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm

majomull wrote:I received final appproval to start sending out over 1200 patient refunds from errors made with our old billing system. Some of these have been in-system for 6 years before they were dragged out of various insurance companies. So over the next few months I will be surprising a lot of people with a check.

A smile that you are going to pass on to others. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 pm

majomull wrote:I received final appproval to start sending out over 1200 patient refunds from errors made with our old billing system. Some of these have been in-system for 6 years before they were dragged out of various insurance companies. So over the next few months I will be surprising a lot of people with a check.

Very cool! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:05 am

Catch-up wrote:

Very cool! :D

VERY very very cool! Isnt it great to being doing a job that will be so well received by so many people! And just in time for Christmas.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Dont know if I should have posted this in the Frustration Thread or here but on consideration HERE is good....

M, the 17yr old wanted to go down to the shopping center two days ago and it was getting late. I was NOT happy about her going and told her if she would only wait until I had finished dinner I would drive her, but she has always been an athletic type of girl and had been wanting to go for a run all day and was feeling house bound, etc and wanted a walk.

We had words, mainly by me to the effect that it wasnt safe to go walking around at dusk by herself (and it would be dark by the time she got back but she was full of "Its only two blocks! And I will have my mobile phone on me!" so I let her go.

Its summer here and it was a hot evening and she was dressed in shorts and a singlet top (no problem with that really as it was too hot for much more but... yanno.. shes got quite a figure).

ANYWAY.... on the way there she walked past the supermarket and some young lads started hassling her as a group when this WONDERFUL lady casually walked near her and said loudly "I am not waiting all night for you. Have you got everything so we can go home?" :o and M followed her to her car by which time the boys had moved on smartly. What a fast thinking lady! Brilliant! But why didnt she insist she get INTO the car and drive her home? And why didnt the teen call me then? ..... "I was only a few doors from where I wanted to go Mum! And they had gone!" :roll:

Sooooooooo On the way back home, she was walking past another shop and this 40 year old guy made comments to her (not nice) and she waited til another couple were walking the same way (thank goodness she used her head this time) and walked right behind them.... this guy got in his car and slowly followed her and kept asking her to get in the car and more comments... When the couple checked him out he sped off. The road split into two and they headed off the other way. M stopped and could see his car around behind the shop in the next road (parked behind the shops... waiting) so she didnt move. Heres the next BEST THING.... the couple turned around and came back to her and said they would walk with her. :D NICE! Once he saw her come around the corner with them, he sped off. They got to four houses from our house and she said she was okay to go from there... so she walked on... and the guy in the car was there again!!! :evil:

THATS when she called me! But H answered the phone and never gave it to me! WHY didnt she tell me to get outside??? When she came into our drive he sped off. Now I wonder if he knows where she lives (grrrrrrr).

Well she got a fright! AND learned a solid lesson. The police aren't interested as he "didnt do anything wrong" :roll:

But mostly..... I thank all the gods available for the first lady and that couple who took the time out to look out for a young girl. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Could you not tell tell the police she was being stalked and if you see the car again get a photo of him and the cars registration and report it.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Havent seen the car since Dug. We tend to "live" at the back of our house when outside. Only go to the front when we need the car. Thing that worries me is there is a HUGE sign with FOR SALE and the agents website on it on our gate. (and on that website all of our house) :D Nice. We shall just be a bit careful for a while.
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Blimey Del.

Well done to Lady #1 and to The Couple.

Pity M. couldn't have taken a few photos or video footage of the guy/guy in his car and said loudly that she would be presenting it to the police.

Does her mobile have a record function? You know, like turning it into a tape recorder?

Just a thought.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah I suggested that Bouncy. I think she was a bit too overwhelmed and scared at the time. We have had a long talk about what to do if it ever happens again.

Funny... I educated my girls VERY pointedly about staying safe, scenarios, exit plans, etc. I dont think it hits home until it actually happens.
Del

Postby Batty » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Glad that M is OK, Del.

My sister was in a club the other night, and a couple of people who work for a 'Stay Safe' scheme went around testing (with permission) girls drinks to ensure that they hadn't been spiked.
They then spoke to J and asked her if she was single, and handed her a couple of packets in a black bag - which look slightly smaller than a doggy scoop bag!
When J got home, she opened the bags to look at what she believed to be a drink spiking kit, and discovered a couple of flavoured condoms in each bag! :lol: Mmmm!! :lol: :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum