Frustration Thread 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby chillicamper » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:25 am

cheery_j. wrote:
chillicamper wrote:Ho Hum. Parents evening this week. The school has decided in their wisdom that they will not be held in class rooms but all teachers together in the hall.

Anyway, I see the school's point as well. It is not easy to plan things like trips around everyone's busy schedules and train timetables and museum opening hours and ... and ... and ... I guess it's not that they don't want to put in the extra effort, it's just hard to understand that having lunch half an hour earlier or later can make so much of a difference.

The problem is that in your case it really IS vital.

I can see the schools point as well. Both my parents were teachers - I know only too well what they had to put up with :lol: :lol:

It's difficult to explain fully without putting a bunch of medical stuff on the forum. Without going into the fairly yukky details, I have to help him with his evening toilet routine and have done so since he was born.

Moving one lunchtime for one day - well we might just get away with, but then again we may not - its difficult to predict. But moving all his lunchtimes will definitely wreck the routine we have fought hard to establish. Moving an evening meal is also more problematic. If things mess up it's D that has to put up with the knock on problems at school.

The real frustration comes from the fact that we have explained this again and again in Statement meetings. Its all documented. We shouldn't need to tell them the importance of mealtimes or diet. It really does feel like the school does not believe us and does listen to our hard won experience. :roll: :roll:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:21 pm

It's maddening, I know. Sometimes you have to come at it from a different direction to get their attention. Something like, "I apologize that all of the paperwork, doctor's notices and repeated informational meetings have fallen short of informing your staff of our son's vital needs. Please help me understand what I can do to help you understand, in some sort of lasting manner, what my son needs to maintain his health and well being." And if you can pull that off without actually spitting on somebody, that is awesome. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:22 pm

Wow, you are scary! Write a book and I'll buy it. :mrgreen:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Oh wow. Ok, after reading that this morning I have to say that I almost never spit on people. :shifty: :oops: I'm going to blame the pain for disabling the editor between my brain and my mouth. Usually that kind of thing stays in my head. :)
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Throw the word "discrimination" around a few times, and they'll go into panic mode, and take notice.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:19 am

Its crap Chilli.

I feel your pain mate. When H is a little late for school here I always put in the late note that she had "a tummy problem" to save embarrassment for her (and its not like I haven't explained 100 times already).. but she is SO adamant about getting to school on time because they keep kids in at lunch for the number of minutes they are late.... AND the reward thing I SET UP with them (she works well with rewards) for her getting to school on time ("other things aside") and then they PUNISH HER! :evil: So she gets more upset at being late and I am trying to calm her down and it means it takes longer and I tell her I will write a note and then THEN they keep her in at lunchtime (and like your son she NEEDS to have her lunch calmly). ARGH!!!

So I went back up again.... and explained again......

The school was originally "coded" for speech, mental disability and behavioural problems and is totally inclusive.... so their rules are there for a reason ... and they have alot of success.... but come ON! Use some bloody common sense for crying out loud! I totally understand class numbers and the challenges teacher face.... but her class has MULTIPLE children with physical or intellectual problems! The HAVE Special Ed teachers ON HAND.

High school next year........... and we shall start the whole process all over again! :roll:

I would never spit on anyone either Catch-Up..... though IF I had a sharp stick in my hand at the time........a sharp stuck that would reach their patronising beady little eyes..... thing is I always go into these meetings and visits with a positive attitude that it will all work out for the best THIS TIME.... and neglect to arm myself with a sharp stick beforehand.... (but then maybe that a good thing).
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:31 am

I am so over this house showing business.

I personally like having the house spit-spot when I have strangers poking around in it so its no small thing having people come through. Today I had TWO sets of families. One at 6pm tonight ( !!!!! ) and the first at 3:30pm. Seriously? I had whipped through the house all morning, finishing with vacuuming and mopping and collapsed on the swing chair on the back deck while they dragged their kids through.... I had barely sat down when the agent said they were off!!!!! Seriously???? They walked in the front door to the back door (maybe 20 steps) looked at the view and walked out ! The damned house is all over the internet and they saw all that there !!!

Everytime we relax and "live like a normal family" I get ANOTHER notice and have to run around "tidying up".

As it was I received a call from a jeweller late yesterday saying I had left my microphone there (and I need it for work tomorrow) so after the first veiwing I had to jump in the car and race over to the shopping center through peak hour traffic to get it and back into the car and through peak hour traffic to get back in time for the 6pm viewing ... just made it too... (Yes it took me two and a half hours to go 20 kilometers!) ARGH!

ARGH!

ARGH!

Now I have three days of work and the girls have come down with a flu and my throat is ALIVE! Yeah I can talk for 4 hours straight with this!

I have managed to have the veiwings around my work hours but the agent keeps saying.. "Oh you dont really NEED to be there for it!" Like I want people wandering through while I am not there even if it IS with him. How much do you bet there will be veiwings while I am at work this week?

ARGH!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Happy happy joy joy.....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Stay sane girl.

Take to the drink!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 pm

I wish Bouncy..... one drink and I'm anybody's... but with a migraine ... so I am nobody's.... and still giggling like a loon! :lol:

Suppose I could take a pain killer for that migraine :D ... but I have a VERY low tolerance for drugs of any sort so even half a painkiller to cure the migraine sends me into a deep sleep... :roll:

So I just end up snoring with intermittent bouts of giggling in my sleep. Theres no hope mate. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Oh do set up a webcam in your bedroom, and take a half of aspirin! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure Bouncy! I will set up a webcam in my bedroom and ohhhhhhhh ... what? Livestream the link to here huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loon! :lol:
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Del, Bouncy just wants to be titivated, in the wee sma hours to stop her getting bored. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Well she cant. HER wee small hours is MY day... so she would be staring at an empty room. :lol:

Though she could watch it in HER day... while she was at work... that would go down well in the office huh?

Boss: "What are you watching there Bouncy?
Bouncy: "A sleeping woman in a dark bedroom in Australia Sir! Its mesmerising!"
Boss: "Ah! Well then Bouncy... you'd better link it into the Boardroom and we can all watch over lunch"
Bouncy: "Right away Sir! Yes Sir! Shall I invite the lads from accounts?"
Boss: "Certainly Bouncy! Put the kettle on and we shall have a pot of tea as well... make a real day of it!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:21 pm

:clap:

I just wanted to see Del, fast asleep from half an aspirin, and giggling in her sleep!

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Or are just praticing for an all night session watching Big Brother when they are all in their kip.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum