Barack Obama 44th US President - Yes We Can!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Barack Obama 44th US President - Yes We Can!

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:26 pm

simmonds91 wrote:Great, obama is president yet again :). Hopefully this time people will give the guy a CHANCE to better america instead of complaining when he doesn't mend years and years and years of damage all in one go. A mere 4 years and people expect him to change things just like that? even with near half the country who don't stand for the same things as one another? HA!!!!!

Hear, hear to that! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby raisindot » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm

simmonds91 wrote:Great, obama is president yet again :). Hopefully this time people will give the guy a CHANCE to better america instead of complaining when he doesn't mend years and years and years of damage all in one go.

He DID better America. He saved the automobile industry, saved the banking industry, got financial reforms passed that will keep these thieves from ruining the economy again if Congress ever decides to fund them, his stimulus saved 2 million jobs and kept millions more from becoming homeless, he funded projects that have resulted in the largest amount of green energy being produced in the U.S. in its history, he increased natural gas production to record levels (although through fracking, which is an environmentally damaging process, unfortunately), he lowered U.S. oil imports to their lowest level in history, he created over 3 million new private sector jobs, he ended the war in Iraq and set a timetable for leaving Afghanistan, he got rid of Bin Laden and most of the high-ranking Al Queda terrorists, and he chose the correct side of history in supporting the ouster of military governments in the Middle East. Certainly the U.S. economy and job creation isn't where it needs to be be, but considering that most of the industrial world is in a recession right now, he's done quite well, especially considering that he had to get everything done in his first two years.
Last edited by raisindot on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raisindot

Postby Catch-up » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Thank you Raisin! Great post. I'm always stunned when people express the belief that he hasn't accomplished anything. :?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:30 pm

One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Wonder if he should get a tartan one. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Probably when the Scots decide that he is right about not having a wind farm offshore by his golf course and decide to build it on the course instead :mrgreen:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Good idea Mad. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby simmonds91 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:09 pm

raisindot wrote:
simmonds91 wrote:Great, obama is president yet again :). Hopefully this time people will give the guy a CHANCE to better america instead of complaining when he doesn't mend years and years and years of damage all in one go.

He DID better America. He saved the automobile industry, saved the banking industry, got financial reforms passed that will keep these thieves from ruining the economy again if Congress ever decides to fund them, his stimulus saved 2 million jobs and kept millions more from becoming homeless, he funded projects that have resulted in the largest amount of green energy being produced in the U.S. in its history, he increased natural gas production to record levels (although through fracking, which is an environmentally damaging process, unfortunately), he lowered U.S. oil imports to their lowest level in history, he created over 3 million new private sector jobs, he ended the war in Iraq and set a timetable for leaving Afghanistan, he got rid of Bin Laden and most of the high-ranking Al Queda terrorists, and he chose the correct side of history in supporting the ouster of military governments in the Middle East. Certainly the U.S. economy and job creation isn't where it needs to be be, but considering that most of the industrial world is in a recession right now, he's done quite well, especially considering that he had to get everything done in his first two years.

Ah well I'm not american so I wouldn't know, all I see are people critisizing him, on one tv ad someone calling him a liar. My point still stands, people expect everything from him in very little time even IF he did a great many things already, but thats people I suppose, he can't please everyone.
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:00 pm

I agree Simmonds, some people had unreasonable expectations and were unable to acknowledge the accomplishments that he did achieve, which were significant.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:44 pm

I reckon he will do even more to benefit the country in the remaining years he is in and will go down as one of the best Presidents in the US.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:56 am

What Raisin said.

If nothing else.... he holds the banks accountable.

On the flip side..... his poor poor poor daughter Malia. Can you imagine her dating with a full secret service detail in tow? Can you imagine the poor guy "meeting mum and dad" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Quatermass » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Batty » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I reckon he will do even more to benefit the country in the remaining years he is in and will go down as one of the best Presidents in the US.

I'd agree with that, Dug.
The fact that he cannot stand again for re-election means that he's free to pursue policies that he wants to bring in, as he no longer needs to curry favour or compromise with anyone.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Yes he may bring in something beneficial to the ordinary people that will make any other President hugely unpopular if they tried to remove or undo it in the future.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:26 pm

I'd love to think that, when the next election comes, that Hilary Clinton would get a shot at the job. :pray:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum