For NatWest and RBS customers

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

For NatWest and RBS customers

Postby Batty » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 pm

NatWest & RBS are the first bank to end monthly paper bank statements for all current account customers.
Instead of getting monthly statements, customers will instead receive paper statements every 3 months. Neither bank are informing their customers of the change.

This move will make it harder for customers to keep a check on finances, or to spot fraud or error on current accounts, or charging blunders on direct debits.
If customers want a one-off statement via the post, the bank will charge £5 a time.

A spokeman for NatWest said that the change is not compulsory and they will continue to send monthly paper statements to customers who ask them to - even though they are not advertising the opt-out service.

To cancel the switch to quarterly statements, phone 0845 528 1326 for NatWest, or 0845 528 1325 for RBS. Or call in to your branch.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Re: For NatWest and RBS customers

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm with RBS and cancelled my paper statements ages ago. Online banking is much easier and I can see what my account is doing whenever I want to.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:19 pm

I bank online too. Not everyone has the option though.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Joolz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:20 pm

On-line banking for years..HSBC paid me to stop getting paper statements :D
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:42 pm

I'm not sure about online banking it's just the single layer security that bothers me, not to mention how many mistakes are made by the staff leaving you open to fraud.

PS thanks for the heads up Batty. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:39 pm

No probs, Dug!

I don't trust on-line banking. One bank has been hacked 4 times, but the banks won't admit which one it is.
I also don't have a driving licence or a passport, so I need a hard-copy statement as proof of I.D. Banks and various organizations will not accept a printed computer generated statement as proof of I.D. - even if you actually bank with them!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 am

Batty wrote:NatWest & RBS are the first bank to end monthly paper bank statements for all current account customers.
Instead of getting monthly statements, customers will instead receive paper statements every 3 months. Neither bank are informing their customers of the change.

This move will make it harder for customers to keep a check on finances, or to spot fraud or error on current accounts, or charging blunders on direct debits.
If customers want a one-off statement via the post, the bank will charge £5 a time.

A spokeman for NatWest said that the change is not compulsory and they will continue to send monthly paper statements to customers who ask them to - even though they are not advertising the opt-out service.

To cancel the switch to quarterly statements, phone 0845 528 1326 for NatWest, or 0845 528 1325 for RBS. Or call in to your branch.

Batts. Is this for individuals, or business accounts as well?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:11 pm

The above applies to Ulster Bank customers as well for any Oirish affected :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:23 pm

So they're basically trying to push customers onto online banking, whether they want to or not?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby simmonds91 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:17 pm

oooo thank you very much for informing me! I'm with natwest and they almost always try to cheat my mum. sneaky b words :x I'll be going to my bank today as it happens
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Batty » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 pm

BouncyCastle wrote:Batts. Is this for individuals, or business accounts as well?

It's for all accounts, Bouncy. Even small business accounts set up by charities!
Batty

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am

Crap.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:53 pm

I went into my branch today re the paper statements, apparently you have to wait until they send you a letter with a pin code on it , then take it from there. :o
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:58 pm

I went to my NatWest bank today and they asked if I'd received a letter. 'No', I replied, but I'd read about the changes.
I was then asked to produce my bank debit card and the customer services woman tapped away at the keyboard to register the fact that I wanted to retain a monthly statement.

When I asked when the changes were coming into effect, the woman answered 'November'!
Batty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Maybe they're doing all the NatWest banks 1st.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to The Broken Drum