Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

World War Z

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 am

Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Re: World War Z

Postby Quatermass » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:25 am

I saw the trailer on YouTube, and I'm already [EFF!]ing disappointed. I thought the zombies from the book were the standard lurch-forward-slowly type.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 am

I just saw the trailer on Perezhilton.com :oops: and was amazed at some of the speeds those zombies got up to! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 am

I love zombie films, so I don't care if they sprout wings and fly, I'll be watching it :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Quatermass » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 am

Dotsie wrote:I love zombie films, so I don't care if they sprout wings and fly, I'll be watching it :D

Thank you Dotsie, for that mental image. Now I will be haunted in my nightmares by images of winged zombies coming for my flesh.

Then again, I may have wiped out that mental image by playing my mental images of running zombies to Yakety Sax. :P

I wonder if anyone's done a running zombie video to Yakety Sax on YouTube? This warrants searching!
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:44 am

Found one. And from 28 Weeks Later, no less.

I'll post this, and any other good zombie Yakety Sax I find, in the YouTube thread. :lol:

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Just seen a clip advertised on TV, the zombies were certainly legging up that wall like lemmings going over a cliff. :mrgreen:

He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:20 am

Brilliant! I notice there's also a film version of Isaac Marion's Warm Bodies coming out, cool!

What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bickaxe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Nice to see Hollywood has completely ignored the book its allegedly based on. Will still watch it but its not World War Z.

Zombies don't run, get it right! :evil:
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Dotsie wrote:Brilliant! I notice there's also a film version of Isaac Marion's Warm Bodies coming out, cool!

That looks quite good. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:12 pm

^Does look good.

Thanks for comments. I think the same. I was quite excited when my friend sent me the link. I wouldn't have guessed it was WWZ if it didn't say, which is disappointing, but I'll still go watch it. I like the visuals of the sheer scale of the thing.

My face represented by smilies watching trailer :D :) :x :cry: :doh: :snooty: :| :pray: :). It was a busy 2 minutes for my face.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 am

I guess it's just a zombie film with the same name as a famous zombie book, and there the similarity ends. Dare I say, I don't think the book would make a good film anyway.
Dotsie

Postby Quatermass » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 am

Dotsie wrote:I guess it's just a zombie film with the same name as a famous zombie book, and there the similarity ends. Dare I say, I don't think the book would make a good film anyway.

Unless it was a mockumentary. It'd work that way.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:59 am

But the whole point of the book is that they are a slow but unstoppable wave. It's a book about the effect of war on the populace, rather than a book about zombies. I don't think people would go for it.
Dotsie

Postby Quatermass » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 am

Dotsie wrote:But the whole point of the book is that they are a slow but unstoppable wave. It's a book about the effect of war on the populace, rather than a book about zombies. I don't think people would go for it.

I know, sorry, I meant that it should have been a mockumentary (like the book was, in its own fashion) rather than this sort of perverse ripoff of 28 Days Later. You know, a documentary assembled after the war.

-the Master
Quatermass

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre