Behind the Mask

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Behind the Mask

Postby qvize » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Well, this is a blatant, plug, but I've checked beforehand with Tonyblack and he's happy for me to post this.

The school I teach at (Springwood High School) is releasing a charity single on itunes on Monday 12th November, with the intent of raising money for Children in Need (a charity event in the UK which takes place the following weekend). This single has been written and produced by pupils at the school, and we now want to raise as much money from it as we can (and if we can get it in to the Top 40 as well, then that'll be something wonderful for the kids involved to be able to put on their CVs once they've left the school!)

The single is called "Behind the Mask", and current information/links are below:

http://www.facebook.com/SHSBehindTheMask

Follow on twitter: @SHS_CIN

Pre-release teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fKqAfqH6SI

Link to the final single will be linked on Monday once it's released

And if anyone on here can help spread the word of this further through sharing our facebook page or passing info on to friends in radio/TV that could promote it further, please get in touch asap

Cheers

Qvize
qvize

Re: Behind the Mask

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Good luck with this project, Qvize and I hope you all make a ton of cash for Children In Need! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Add me to what Tony said. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Good luck with the sales! And nice to see you around. :D It's been a very long time!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby qvize » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:03 pm

It has indeed been far too long, but such are the joys of having an autistic son. Now that he's getting a bit older (he's 5 now), I'm getting more hopeful that I might be able to find the time to start showing my face again a bit more

As for the single, it's now been played by our local football team at half time, and has been linked on the local radio stations website (although they're not allowed to play it), so news of it seems to be starting to get around. Looking forward to seeing how many sales we generate with it (it deserves the top 40 for the amount of time and effort our kids have put in to it)
qvize

Postby Selkie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi Shaun! I can't believe Mini Q is 5 already! Good luck with the single :)
Selkie

Return to The Broken Drum