What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:44 pm

I hope it's not a coal fire, that's in the grate pip.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Its all pretend dug :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Was going to say that you like living dangerously and torturing your books. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:04 pm

I take very good care of em. All my dustcovers are covered and i kiss em all good night :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Book perv :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:29 pm

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby wicked woman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:31 pm

:lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:35 pm

:lol:

Both bookshelves have been assembled, just have to put the shelves in. I'll try to put up some pictures, but it's starting to look like they will mostly be filled photo albums and scrapbooks. :? Those are the things lying around without a home. My books have committed the sin of having a home, even if it's not an ideal one. :roll: I'm hoping to come up with a way to display them both. Might have to get creative with some of the other shelves in the house. I know it sounds crazy, but the bookshelves are kind of narrow so that they would fit and I'm kind of a photo nut when it comes to having them in albums and scrapbooks. I like to pull those out and look at them a lot, so having them accessible makes sense. We'll see!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:26 am

Ordered some certificates for my family history stuff. :D
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:52 pm

wicked woman wrote:Ordered some certificates for my family history stuff. :D

Cool! I've always thought of looking into our family history. Is it difficult to find the stuff you need?

Ava was soooo much better when she got up yesterday. :D I decided to walk downtown and check out the Wine, Women & Shopping event. I've never made it to one and thought I'd see if I could get some xmas shopping done. Really beautiful day, perfect weather! Really busy though, some of the shops were difficult to move through. I did get some gifts for my sister. And, splurged on a new pair of shoes for me. :shifty:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Couldn't say how easy it is in the states, Suzanne but the main sources are census and births/deaths/marriages registers.

This made me laugh. Grandson - age 16 - in a converstion with mates about sharks always having to swim. "How do they sleep?" "They never sleep properly." " Is that why they keep attacking other fish? Because they're sleep deprived and bad tempered? Do they swim round yelling GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!" Sounds entirely plausible to me. ;)
wicked woman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Catch-up wrote:
wicked woman wrote:Ordered some certificates for my family history stuff. :D

Cool! I've always thought of looking into our family history. Is it difficult to find the stuff you need?

Ava was soooo much better when she got up yesterday. :D I decided to walk downtown and check out the Wine, Women & Shopping event. I've never made it to one and thought I'd see if I could get some xmas shopping done. Really beautiful day, perfect weather! Really busy though, some of the shops were difficult to move through. I did get some gifts for my sister. And, splurged on a new pair of shoes for me. :shifty:

Was that the ones hubby was going to pay for. :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby spideyGirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:47 am

This made me laugh. Grandson - age 16 - in a converstion with mates about sharks always having to swim. "How do they sleep?" "They never sleep properly." " Is that why they keep attacking other fish? Because they're sleep deprived and bad tempered? Do they swim round yelling GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!" Sounds entirely plausible to me. ;)

:lol: :lol:

@ Dotsie :lol: Marry the Gedge with all his emotional baggage? Recipe for disaster! Glad you had a great time, no really, honestly :whistle: :P Ah, when your body reminds you that you are not a young spring chicken any more but your feet want to keep dancing. Least its not head banging music, last time I forgot myself and head-banged to some grunge, I couldn't move my neck properly for about 3 days afterwards :lol:
spideyGirl

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:40 am

I just think it would be cool to have a song written about me, about how miserable I made him but he still fancies me anyway :D Pogo injuries have just about recovered.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm

An atheist was walking through the woods.

'What majestic trees!
'What powerful rivers!
'What beautiful animals!

He said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him. He looked over his shoulder again and the bear was even closer.

He tripped and fell on the ground.

He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him...

At that instant the Atheist cried out, 'Oh my God!'

Time Stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.

'You have denied my existence for all these years, you teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident. 'Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?'.

The atheist looked directly into the light, 'It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian'?

'Very well,' said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke:

'For what I am about to receive, may the Lord make me truly thankful, Amen.'
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum