Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

World War Z

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 am

Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Re: World War Z

Postby Quatermass » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:25 am

I saw the trailer on YouTube, and I'm already [EFF!]ing disappointed. I thought the zombies from the book were the standard lurch-forward-slowly type.
Have you seen the size of human brains? They're hilarious!

-The Twelfth Doctor
Quatermass

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 am

I just saw the trailer on Perezhilton.com :oops: and was amazed at some of the speeds those zombies got up to! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 am

I love zombie films, so I don't care if they sprout wings and fly, I'll be watching it :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Quatermass » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 am

Dotsie wrote:I love zombie films, so I don't care if they sprout wings and fly, I'll be watching it :D

Thank you Dotsie, for that mental image. Now I will be haunted in my nightmares by images of winged zombies coming for my flesh.

Then again, I may have wiped out that mental image by playing my mental images of running zombies to Yakety Sax. :P

I wonder if anyone's done a running zombie video to Yakety Sax on YouTube? This warrants searching!

-The Twelfth Doctor
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:44 am

Found one. And from 28 Weeks Later, no less.

I'll post this, and any other good zombie Yakety Sax I find, in the YouTube thread. :lol:

-The Twelfth Doctor
Quatermass

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Just seen a clip advertised on TV, the zombies were certainly legging up that wall like lemmings going over a cliff. :mrgreen:

He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:20 am

Brilliant! I notice there's also a film version of Isaac Marion's Warm Bodies coming out, cool!

What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bickaxe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Nice to see Hollywood has completely ignored the book its allegedly based on. Will still watch it but its not World War Z.

Zombies don't run, get it right! :evil:
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Dotsie wrote:Brilliant! I notice there's also a film version of Isaac Marion's Warm Bodies coming out, cool!

That looks quite good. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:12 pm

^Does look good.

Thanks for comments. I think the same. I was quite excited when my friend sent me the link. I wouldn't have guessed it was WWZ if it didn't say, which is disappointing, but I'll still go watch it. I like the visuals of the sheer scale of the thing.

My face represented by smilies watching trailer :D :) :x :cry: :doh: :snooty: :| :pray: :). It was a busy 2 minutes for my face.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 am

I guess it's just a zombie film with the same name as a famous zombie book, and there the similarity ends. Dare I say, I don't think the book would make a good film anyway.
Dotsie

Postby Quatermass » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 am

Dotsie wrote:I guess it's just a zombie film with the same name as a famous zombie book, and there the similarity ends. Dare I say, I don't think the book would make a good film anyway.

Unless it was a mockumentary. It'd work that way.

-The Twelfth Doctor
Quatermass

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:59 am

But the whole point of the book is that they are a slow but unstoppable wave. It's a book about the effect of war on the populace, rather than a book about zombies. I don't think people would go for it.
Dotsie

Postby Quatermass » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 am

Dotsie wrote:But the whole point of the book is that they are a slow but unstoppable wave. It's a book about the effect of war on the populace, rather than a book about zombies. I don't think people would go for it.

I know, sorry, I meant that it should have been a mockumentary (like the book was, in its own fashion) rather than this sort of perverse ripoff of 28 Days Later. You know, a documentary assembled after the war.

-The Twelfth Doctor
Quatermass

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre