For kindle and ebook owners

Moderators: Tonyblack, Jason, Toothy

Re: For kindle and ebook owners

Postby pip » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Trying not to feel too self righteous and justifed after reading that :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby raisindot » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 pm

pip wrote:Trying not to feel too self righteous and justifed after reading that :lol:

Smug alert! :D
raisindot

Postby pip » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Tiem to strut
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jo of the Gates » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Sorry if this has been answered. I don't have time to read all the posts. I have all the Pratchett books on my kindle except Johnny and the Bomb. Why is this one book not digitized? I have a similar problem when I download audiobooks from my local library - they have all but one or two of a series in audio format, but always seem to lack one or two. Very frustrating!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
--Douglas Adams
Jo of the Gates

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Another two freebies from Robert Rankin The Antipope & Armageddon plus the sequels are reduced to £2.50 :mrgreen: on Amazon.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Another two freebies from Robert Rankin The Antipope & Armageddon plus the sequels are reduced to £2.50 :mrgreen: on Amazon.

They're not freebies if you have to pay for them. :P
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:35 pm

The first two are FREE you only pay for the sequel's. :?
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:The first two are FREE you only pay for the sequel's. :?

Ah, my mistake. I just got the Antipope. Turns out I'd already got the other one. ;)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Another freebie suits various E-readers. it looks quite good. From Tomorrow

Mat Coward's critically-acclaimed police procedural, set in a near-future London, is the most topical crime novel of the decade.

In a world of fuel shortage, food scarcity, and wars over water, the Commonwealth of Britain is struggling to turn necessity into opportunity, and build a happier, more efficient, and more democratic nation. It's a new society, with new rules - it's just a pity no-one told the criminals ...

“Both dead serious and hilariously funny ... One of the most original and gifted writers in contemporary crime fiction.” - Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine.
“This screamingly funny book is not only a whopper of a sci-fi/mystery, but also a rousing, snickering social statement.” - Mystery Scene.
“Thought-provoking, entertaining and stimulating ... hugely readable and enjoyable.” - Interzone.

Adult-content rating: This book contains content considered unsuitable for young readers 17 and under, and which may be offensive to some readers of all ages.

If you want to test your new e-reader, "Acts of Destruction" is FREE Xmas Day & Boxing Day with coupon no. YG76C at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/204462
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:16 pm

ECLECTIC: Ten Very Different Tales' by Jonathan Hill free some good reviews.

Ends tonight 26th.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Alanz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:58 am

I got a Kindle for chrimbo got a couple of books from Amazon Long Earth plus Johnny and the Bomb :D But already said that on another page :D :D
Alanz

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Lots of freebies on Amazon. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Alanz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:49 am

Thanks M8,will take a look see :D
Alanz

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:37 pm

More freebies from the :mrgreen: Rankin chappie and reduced price on the sequels

Robert Rankin ‏@therobertrankin
New Year special - two more freebies and discounts on sequels on Amazon. Book of Ultimate Truths and Sprout Mask Replica.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:37 am

Thanks Dug! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books