Frustration Thread 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:06 pm

:lol: Um. Yes. It's fair to say I yelled back and then some.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Not to the same level, but I got really frustrated with mum's caratact operation.

She was told she needed one, and they would write with an appointment. Every week she'd tell me that she hadn't received a date, so I made all the arrangements, made sure there were people to drive us there and back, that I could get time off work, etc, etc.

Get into see the doctor on the day and he checks out mum's eye and then says "It's not too bad, you don't have to have the operation if you don't want to".

Then he looked at my face and said "However, I can see that your daughter disagrees".

:lol:

Mum told me the other day that it's revolutionised her life. She only needs her specs for reading. Just walking around or watching TV and she doesn't need them anymore.

:roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 pm

That's definitely to the same level and more! I'm sure I would have had the same look on my face in that doctor's office. :roll: Really glad it's made such a difference for your mom. :D People are so used to adjusting for problems, that they often don't realize how bad something, like vision, has gotten.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:46 pm

When I spoke to her on Saturday, I asked what the weather was like down her way (we are British you know, we're weather obsessed!!) and she said it was bright sunshine - "I'm so glad I'm not driving".

It was her driving into bright sunshine that caused her to be blinded, swerve, and write off her car a few months back. :roll:

I think she's now accepted that she won't be driving again.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:12 pm

That's good that she has faced up to not driving any more Bouncy!

Catch-Up- could it have been more about his day at work that led to the unreasonable behaviour rather than what you were actually talking about? :think:
spideyGirl

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 pm

What Spidey said about work.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Yeah, I would still have kicked his arse then listened patiently to his work worries. Being busy is no excuse for losing one's manners! (me & Mr Dotsie have had this conversation before ;) )

Glad your mum's op turned out so well Bouncy, and that she's bowed gracefully out of driving.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Bouncy, really glad to hear your mom recognizes that she shouldn't be driving!

Possibly, in a roundabout, abstract way.. it could have had something to do with work. Probably it had more to do with the weird anxiety he gets planning trips. But, yes Dotsie - manners! Thank you! He could have said practically the same thing without raising his voice and it wouldn't have been such a blow up. We've discussed it through email (for safety reasons), I've taken a walk, and the girls' Halloween candy stash is a few pieces short. All of which means I'm no longer homicidal, just a wee bit cranky. He swears he did not realize he was raising his voice, that he wants to go and that he feels really badly about upsetting me. We're just a new pair of shoes away from peace.
Catch-up

Postby Selkie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Catch-up wrote: We're just a new pair of shoes away from peace.

I like your style. ;) :lol:
Selkie

Postby wicked woman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Selkie wrote:
Catch-up wrote: We're just a new pair of shoes away from peace.

I like your style. ;) :lol:

Designer shoes? ;)
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Dotsie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:04 am

:lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:59 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hang in there catch-up. And yes.... alot of life comes down to GOOD MANNERS.

What a day I have had. :roll: A family friend came around and replaced half a wall in my teens bedroom from when she kicked the wall in :evil: . Big job and expensive and I spend ALL damn day going through her room cleaning it out and moving the furniture and her room is all down the hallway and into the loungeroom... AND it all has to be sorted and back to normal by tomorrow because of the continuing house inspections for the sale.......and my back is killing me and I am bloody exhausted!!!!!! the whole house has been turned upside down because of her tantrum when she did this !!!! and SHE gets home and goes off about her room being a mess!!!!! :evil: and whats for dinner!!!! Arghhhh!

Bouncy: :D SO glad your Mum is so happy with her op :clap: :clap: :clap: (driving aside... its a hard call to lose that level of independence). My Mum was like a kid after her cataract op. I can understand that. Cant image having my eyesight compromised (further).
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Del » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:01 am

Anyway........... :D :D :D Obama got re-elected.... AND ITS THE FINAL NIGHT OF BIG BROTHER !!! :( :D :o (Might be a lovely little English girl taking it out !)

Oh.. btw... I didnt win the 112 million up for offer last night. Bugger.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:56 am

..... weird anxiety he gets planning trips....

HE? PLANNING TRIP? HE?

:roll: :doh:

Bouncy Castle

Postby michelanCello » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm sorry about the wall, Del... but how did she manage to kick it out in the first place? :shock:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum