Fireworks

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Fireworks

Postby Catch-up » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:44 pm

chris.ph wrote:i took troy out the back garden for a pee about 8ish last night and couldnt get the bugger back in, he was standing on the decking watching the fireworks :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Love it!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tiffany » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Watchman44 wrote:This was the firework factory in my village, WAS the firework factory!

The fireworks were stored in eight 20 foot containers in side a shed, after the dust settled the shed and 3 of the containers had vanished, I found the corner of one of them about a quarter of a mile away the next day. The other containers were barrel shaped after the bang. :shock:

I was on my way to see what was happening when the world went BANG! :o

I remember that on our news.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tiffany » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:32 pm

I loath fireworks. :evil:
Daughter & I were coming home Saturday evening & a deer & her fawn spooked by the fireworks were nearly hit by Daughters car, luckilly she wasn't driving fast & was able to brake in time as they ran panic stricken across the main road.
Fireworks should be banned for sale to the general public, organised firework displays only should be allowed.
The wildlife suffers every year from the ruddy things, which don't just go off on the correct day, but weeks before & after as well & not just Guy Fawkes either, New Years Day & any other time people can think of.
Ban them except for organised firework displays!!!
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby chuckie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Tiffany wrote:I loath fireworks. :evil:
Daughter & I were coming home Saturday evening & a deer & her fawn spooked by the fireworks were nearly hit by Daughters car, luckilly she wasn't driving fast & was able to brake in time as they ran panic stricken across the main road.
Fireworks should be banned for sale to the general public, organised firework displays only should be allowed.
The wildlife suffers every year from the ruddy things, which don't just go off on the correct day, but weeks before & after as well & not just Guy Fawkes either, New Years Day & any other time people can think of.

Hear Hear :clap:
Susan did an unusual thing and listened. that's not an easy task for a teacher.
chuckie

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Does anyone remember the Oban community firework display from last year, where they had a technical problem that set off all the fireworks in less than a minute? :lol:

Clearly the Scots shouldn't be allowed near fireworks as they managed it again this year, this time at Oxgangs in Edinburgh

One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby janet » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Catch-up wrote:
chris.ph wrote:i took troy out the back garden for a pee about 8ish last night and couldnt get the bugger back in, he was standing on the decking watching the fireworks :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Love it!

Most of my pets have hated fireworks so I have never bought any but when the UK ushered in the new century at midnight on Jan 1st 2000 I wandered into the garden to watch the fireworks and reflect on a terrible year past (for my family) and happened to glance to my side where my ginger tom cat Charlie sat placidly watching the fIreworks with me. Charlie wasn't the brightest cat ever but there was a certain psychic gift passed to all my cats beginning with one given to me by my brother.
Be that as it may....bonfire night was very quiet round here but I think there were some organised displays over the weekend for them as wanted to go.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Penfold » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Love the photos Dug, fireworks can be a very difficult subject. :D I'm hoping to get to a display tomorrow evening, weather permitting, and have been reading up on photography tips when I get the chance.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Del » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:40 am

Tiffany wrote:I loath fireworks. :evil:

They ARE banned here Tiff. There are a few that get some on a black market type thing but and loads of people reminisce about the "good old days" of fireworks night.... but thing was... loads of kids got killed or very badly hurt. I always remember being a little girl and two friends of mine were with me on fireworks night. Some one put a huge banger into a bottle near them and it exploded and shot glass shards all through their bodies. Nasty.

I guess thats why we have such great fireworks displays here for the general public.... since we dont have access to them individually.

SO............ WHY were there fireworks in the UK?
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Dotsie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:17 am

Since 90% seem to be sold to teenagers, I really couldn't say. They don't even vote!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Penfold » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:27 am

Del wrote:SO............ WHY were there fireworks in the UK?

Hope this helps;

In 1605, Guy Fawkes and a group of fellow conspirators attempted to blow up Parliament by placing barrels of gunpowder in the cellars of Westminster. They were discovered and arrested on the 5th of November and this event became celebrated by burning an effigy of Guy Fawkes on a bonfire and filling the sky with exploding fireworks. :D

"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
    Gunpowder, treason, and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder treason
    Should ever be forgot."
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Not able to view your fireworks pictures Dug. :( Gives me an error message. They are tough to get good pictures of!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tiffany » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Excellent photo's WWD & that shows my point too, organised firework displays are far better than individual ones. :clap: :clap:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:17 pm

@ Penners, thanks coming from someone who is really good with a camera I'm well chuffed with that. :D
@ Catch up I can post some with individual links if that would help,as you have seen other ones I have put up before.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm

I especially like this one. It looks like some sort of dodgy nebula that the USS Enterprise should avoid at all costs!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum