Free Neil Gaiman e book

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Free Neil Gaiman e book

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:20 pm

:mrgreen: :dance:

Audible, Inc. today announced the release of Neil Gaiman’s Click-Clack the Rattlebag, a previously unpublished short story written and recorded by the internationally best-selling author and screenwriter. Click-Clack the Rattlebag is available free at Audible.com and Audible.co.uk. To help promote learning and literacy, through Halloween Audible will donate 50p per download from Audible.co.uk to Booktrust in the UK and $1 per download from Audible.com to DonorsChoose.org; both charitable organizations were selected by Gaiman.

“Whenever Neil Gaiman writes something new, it’s an event. We are thrilled to offer Audible listeners this subtle, brilliantly frightening story, and Neil’s narration captures perfectly the special intimacy that an audio recording by a favorite author can create. Listening to ‘Click-Clack the Rattlebag’ is the perfect way for Neil’s fans and anyone who enjoys a spooky tale to ring in the Halloween season,” said Audible.com founder and CEO Donald Katz.

“I started All Hallow’s Read two Halloweens ago as a way to encourage more people to give each other books—in this case, scary books,” said Gaiman. “Recording this new story and giving it away free at Audible seemed like a great way to extend that concept even further, with Audible’s help, by supporting the important efforts of Booktrust and DonorsChoose.org on behalf of education and literacy.”

Gaiman added, “To spread the word (and celebrate Halloween) on Twitter, we’re using the hashtag #ScareUs. I’m always happy to be able to use the power of social media to help people, while hopefully making them smile—and scaring them too!”

To download Click-Clack the Rattlebag, go to www.audible.co.uk/mt/scareus. To learn more about Booktrust or DonorsChoose.org, please visit www.booktrust.org.uk or www.donorschoose.org.

Any money donated to Booktrust will support its new Children’s Reading Fund, launching in January 2013.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Re: Free Neil Gaiman e book

Postby Dotsie » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:35 am

Thanks for the tip Dug :) but do you mean audiobook, not ebook?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Just a slip of the wossis name Dotsie. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:15 pm

I've never downloaded an audiobook before. Is it easy? Then what do you do, burn it onto a CD to listen to?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Catch up you can listen to it on your compy, and I download quite a lot to listen to on my MP3 player. :)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Selkie » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:58 pm

I just downloaded it and it played on my iTunes.

Watch out though cos it tries to sneak in a £3.99 monthly subscription so make sure that is unticked before you checkout!
Selkie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:23 pm

The £3.99 would be the introductory price for the first 3 which you could cancell after that.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:59 am

Ok, thanks! I'll give it a try later.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Return to Non-Discworld books