The Terry Pratchett Prize, Round Two...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The Terry Pratchett Prize, Round Two...

Postby Quatermass » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 am

I'M OVER 80 THOUSAAAAAAND!!!

*crushes scouter in hand*
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby michelanCello » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:46 am

:clap:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

:happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-jumpeveryone:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quatermass » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:44 am

Forgive the melodrama, though you've seen it enough times from me anyway.

81K now. I'm on the home stretch now. The end comes, beyond chaos...

Sh**, did I just channel Kefka? :shock:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 am

:P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quatermass » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Well, if I did channel Kefka, I'd be dressing in garish clothing and making sadistic jokes that make the Joker pale in comparison.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Over 87K words, and I only have two (and a bit) chapters to go. I think... :think:

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:00 am

I'VE FINISHED! 91K words!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:07 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations and good luck! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:40 am

Tonyblack wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations and good luck! :D

Thanks, but luck isn't what I need. :) I'm having the book critiqued by a friend before I send it off.

To celebrate, I'm re-watching almost every episode of Red Dwarf from the beginning, in preparation for the new series when it comes out. :D

To be fair, the conclusion is a bit hasty and up in the air, but I'm more or less satisfied with the outcome.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:53 am

:clap: Well done - once you've got your editorial comments and review in you'll have plenty of wriggle room on the word count front to get things tidied up for submission ;)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quatermass » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote::clap: Well done - once you've got your editorial comments and review in you'll have plenty of wriggle room on the word count front to get things tidied up for submission ;)

Yeah. Anyway, I've got a celebration thread where I'm getting crunk. Feel free to join the tesfivities. :mrgreen:

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:49 am

Okay, I'm getting a copy of my novel printed out so I can have my editor look it over. :think:

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:18 am

Okay, copy printed out, handed to my editor/target audience/brutal honest person. :?

The music here is pretty appropriate...

Alan Silvestri, f[EFF]k yeah!

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 pm

Trying to keep my spirits up here - had got into a bit of a fallow patch but have just finished a couple of sections off and gone to 200 words shy of 126,000 and a few pages short of finishing the penultimate chapter. :think:

I'm kind of defining the 'alternative Earth' elements now, but I'm back to dithering on whether it's enough of a difference as it's really more fictional messing about with political history and not falling too far outside of the norm? I have invented a new country and stood some tribal culture on it's head, so I guess it's enough but maybe I'll just let the final word count decide. If I get the remaining half chapter done without breaking the 150,000 limit (which seems pretty attainable atm) then I'll probably go for it depending on editorial comment and review :?
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Terry Pratchett