Figurines

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Figurines

Postby Gash1888 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi folks, I'm looking for a little information on a few figurines that I have. My son bought these from a charity shop with his pocket money and I am sure they are worth a lot more than he paid for them! First one is a figurine called "detritus" (dw 27)he has a hand out with his other hand behind his back holding a rose. He paid 4 pound for it, anyone know a rough value?
Second is a witch, (bk-3)she is pulling up one side of her dress exposing a stocking and there is a green frog in a white bag on the ground next to her, again he paid 4 pound for it, anyone know a rough value?
Lastly is a small witch, hands on her hips (dw07) he paid a pound for, again rough approx of value?

Thanks for your help guys, any info appreciated
Gash1888

Re: Figurines

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi Gash - sounds like your son found some good stuff there.

At least two of these are Clarecraft figures. Clarecraft no longer exist, but they made an extensive range of Discworld figures.

I'm no expert on these, but the Detritus figure is (I think) half of a set of bookends - there should be a figure of Ruby to go with it. I have no idea how that would affect the value though.

The DW 07 sounds like a figure of Nanny Ogg. This one sold on eBay for £23.

The other figure, while being Clarecraft, isn't (as I don't think) a Discworld figure. I think it's called Wanton Witch and is part of their 'Faerie Realm' series. I think it might be another case of half a bookend. :?

As to value - well that very much depends on what people are willing to spend. :)

I think he did really well to find those at such cheap prices.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:16 am

DW27 goes for about £400 rather than £4, it's one of a pair that Terry didn't approve before Clarecraft put them on sale and they were hurridly withdrawn, less than 50 are know to have been made. The other two are as as Tony described them.

An excellent charity shop find.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby NobbyNobbs » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi Guys
I am desperately trying to get my hands on the Rincewind and Death bookends that clarecraft made.
If anyone is willing to sell any from their collection, please let me know
NobbyNobbs

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:56 am

You probably aren't really trying to look for them then, those come up on Ebay quite often and there are four available right now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=clarecraft+bookend&_sacat=0&_from=R40
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 pm

I always thought about getting a pair of them, but don't really have the space for them now,and they look better with some books between them.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to Terry Pratchett