What made you smile today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 6

Postby wicked woman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Catch-up wrote:We got the Lego catalog today. This made me smile because it reminded me of Chilli's VW:

Very nice, solid build. 8-)
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:43 pm

So............... how much is it?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:39 pm

£96.95 and that's cutting me own exhaust pipe. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby phalarope » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Good news Sharlene. So frustrating when you know something's amiss and the docs can't figure it out.

My smile - finding a streamable episode 1 of Red Dwarf X available to the USA and finding the boys have their old magic back (yes yes, I know others have said so, but it's not true until one sees for oneself). Probably an copyright infringement upload, but it persuaded me to pre-order from Amazon UK - LOVE my all-region DVD player, I do. Thanksgiving is now going to be much improved, 8-)
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.'
-- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips
phalarope

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Tonyblack wrote:£96.95 and that's cutting me own exhaust pipe. ;)

:shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 pm

phalarope wrote:Good news Sharlene. So frustrating when you know something's amiss and the docs can't figure it out.

My smile - finding a streamable episode 1 of Red Dwarf X available to the USA and finding the boys have their old magic back (yes yes, I know others have said so, but it's not true until one sees for oneself). Probably an copyright infringement upload, but it persuaded me to pre-order from Amazon UK - LOVE my all-region DVD player, I do. Thanksgiving is now going to be much improved, 8-)

I got one of those all region players for Sharlene so I can bring my DVDs over with me. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby cheery_j. » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:£96.95 and that's cutting me own exhaust pipe. ;)

:shock:

it's 99,99 Euros in the German Lego shop - still expensive, but a bit cheaper. Well, postage and packaging would probably eat up the amount you save by ordering it from Germany.
cheery_j.

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:27 am

Do they seriously think that people will pay a hundred quid for what is essentially a child's toy?

Bouncy Castle

Postby Selkie » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 am

Yes, yes they do.
Selkie

Postby Catch-up » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:30 am

RSoak wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Yeah, the Lego sets aren't exactly inexpensive are they?

I'm dying to get a job as one of the people that figures out how to build the toys/sets. I could spend hours with some photos of the Milennium Falcon or some LOTR set figuring out the best way to make it. What a gig!

They must make huge bucks because what's in the box is just a few ounces of plastic.

No kidding! When we take the girls down to Disney, one of our favorite stops is the Lego store in Downtown Disney. We love to see the Lego sculptures there. My all time favorite is one that's been there for years, a sea monster that they stuck in the lagoon:

One year they had an alien repairing a spaceship:

And last year they had the prince and the dragon from Sleeping Beauty:

“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:35 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Do they seriously think that people will pay a hundred quid for what is essentially a child's toy?

Selkie wrote:Yes, yes they do.

Ditto. Ava is a Lego nut and the grandparents especially buy her a lot of sets. Last xmas I can't even remember how many sets she got. She whisked them all upstairs. Found out later that day that she'd opened them all up and dumped all the pieces into her Lego bin. :shock: Guess who's spent several back breaking hours on the floor in their room sorting through the pieces so she can build them. :roll:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby ChristianBecker » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:41 am

Catch-up wrote:Ditto. Ava is a Lego nut and the grandparents especially buy her a lot of sets. Last xmas I can't even remember how many sets she got. She whisked them all upstairs. Found out later that day that she'd opened them all up and dumped all the pieces into her Lego bin.

Nothing wrong with that. I had (technically still have) quite some Lego in one huge box. Oh the fun of searching for the piece you knew was there only once when building something. :D
:shock: Guess who's spent several back breaking hours on the floor in their room sorting through the pieces so she can build them. :roll:

This is where you did go wrong. She could've built them just like that and would probably have learnt some one or two things. :D
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Catch-up » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:47 am

Nothing wrong with dumping them after you've built it. And, you're right, I should have had her dig the pieces out herself, and did to some extent, but I really wanted to see them built. There's one that's a spaceship with lights and noises and everything!
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Honestly. How old are you? ;) :lol:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Bouncy, please! Did you not hear? Lights and noises and everything! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum