Faces to Names

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Faces to Names

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Been watching some of the re-runs recently, and boy oh boy, does he look young. :shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Looks very different to the appearances in Big Bang Theory anyway .
Love the line - Will Wheaton is the Jar Jar Binks of the Star Trek Universe :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Dotsie » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 pm

:lol: Absolutely true.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:04 pm

I think you should all be nicer to...

:lol:
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Cool Whippp.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Dotsie wrote:Perhaps she's confused because it doesn't look like admiral's insignia ;)

Why do people who play dress-up never adopt the rank of ensign? And I mean that most respectfully! :D

And they NEVER wear RED :o
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby raisindot » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Dotsie wrote:Why do people who play dress-up never adopt the rank of ensign? And I mean that most respectfully! :D

For the same reason that all people with past lives were once Jesus, Buddha, Henry VIII, Hitler, Cleopatra, Shakespeare, Genghis Khan, Queen Elizabeth, or Alexander the Great. It just wouldn't do to say that you were a stable boy, a slave, or a serf.
raisindot

Postby Catch-up » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm

raisindot wrote:
Dotsie wrote:Why do people who play dress-up never adopt the rank of ensign? And I mean that most respectfully! :D

For the same reason that all people with past lives were once Jesus, Buddha, Henry VIII, Hitler, Cleopatra, Shakespeare, Genghis Khan, Queen Elizabeth, or Alexander the Great. It just wouldn't do to say that you were a stable boy, a slave, or a serf.

“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Never been interested in exploring past lives.... knowing my luck it would have had something to do with latrines... IF I was lucky enough to have been born in a time of latrines! :roll:
Del

Postby Batty » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Not a seamstress, then??? Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Del » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Batty wrote:Not a seamstress, then??? Image

Knowing my luck I would have caught the pox first time out and come out in boils...... :(

Or been one of those people who had to wash the church tablecloths by stamping in a vat of old urine :(

While the rest of you were pouncing about in your past lives up in the castle eating 20 roast pigs and 192 ducks.
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Pouncing?

Or poncing?

Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BOTH!

Poncing about, and pouncing on the roast pigs!
Del

Postby raisindot » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:03 pm

pip wrote:Love the line - Will Wheaton is the Jar Jar Binks of the Star Trek Universe :lol:

That's a great line. Although now that I'm going through the entire series on DVD whilst exercising, I'm thinking more that Counselor Troi was the real Jar Jar Binks. At least Wheaton left after four seasons. We had to suffer through Troi's psychobabbling, touchy feely earthy crunchy sexpot act all seven seasons. "I can sense that the Marcusian is angry, Captain." "Really? I thought that the huge frown on his face and the fact that he just fired on us was a sign he wanted to invite us for tea."
raisindot

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:53 pm

I caught this via the Whil Wheaton youtube clip and although bordering(and i do mean really teetering on the edge) of being sacriligous...it did have me sputtering up some coffee. :D

I'll be in my ready-room! :lol:
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum