(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:53 pm

How was she after school Catch-up?
spideyGirl

Postby chillicamper » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:48 am

Sorry to hear that Catch-up. Hope things settle down again soon.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:06 pm

She was just fine after school. In fact, it turns out she was just fine for most of the day. Got a call pretty early in the morning that she was really having a hard time. She was so out of sorts and upset that her teacher decided that she wasn't going to have Ava take the MEAP test that day. So the principal says she can come hang out with him. Quiet room, comfy chair, and all of a sudden she's totally fine. So he says, "If you take this test, I'll treat you to whatever you want from the cafeteria." She rocks through the test, then gets treated to ice cream and cookies. And here I am, at home, worrying, rocking and humming. Did anyone buy me cookies and ice cream? No. :roll:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:20 pm

There's nothing like incentive. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and it all ended so well.... Yay!

I decided to walk down to H's room this week (first back after the hols) for the first time in ages and managed to arrived just as H had a huge altercation with some kids. Whoooooaaaaa! Teached bawled her out (and rightly so). What I wanted to ask the teacher was how H's reationships at school were like with one or two girls as she has been a bit "off" with her bahaviour at home lately. Teacher tells me "gossip and nastiness between pre-teens was perfectly normal" and I can look forward to the next few years of it. :o :o :o :o

NOT IN MY HOUSE YOU DON'T! We have very severe lectures about being nasty AND gossiping about other people :evil: and she KNOWS how I feel about it. Hard to be a responsible parent when the teachers are undermining you.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Sorry to hear that Del. :( That is not the attitude the teacher should be taking. Gossip and nastiness are not tolerated in our schools. They do a really great job of addressing it and educating the kids about bullying.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Selkie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Sounds like you turned up at just the right time, Del!
Selkie

Postby Del » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Can my life get any better?????????????????????

ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The owner of my house rang me today and tells me he is putting the house on the market.

This is horrendous. Look normally I LOVE moving.. new horizons. But I moved to this house 7 years ago so that H could attend this school she is in, AND the high school is on an attached campus. And I have been coaching her for the past few months to ride to school herself and home again (on the same side of the road as my house so no crossing a road) and its a great High School for her needs.

AND although I can truly say I hate this house to the core... its HOT and its COLD and its tiny and run down...Its YELLOW... but it IS cheap.... I made a conscious decision to put my career and employment sort of on hold for the length of her education.. part time employment is very up and down with consistant wages, and I work when I can around H.. and when things are going really well take on full time contracts and fill the coffers. But with all we, and she have been through lately she needs alot of support so I am only working short hours. Even in this discount house it would not be possible to survive on government sole parents benefits.

Rents here are expensive. Even really basic houses here start at about $350 a week. Mine is just under $300, but the landlord liked me as a long term tenant and was willing to offer it cheaper to have us in it.

So now I have to find a house (haven't seen one this cheap in years... well I have but you wouldnt want to step outside your door... really really bad areas and bad houses). AND the new bill that was passed yesterday cuts me by $150/week at the same time the house will sell. AND last time I moved it cost me $1000 to move my gear. AND I dont have that.

I moved four times in four years before this one when the housing boom hit and every rental house was selling (especially if when you move in you put in a nice garden and do up the house!!!)... and the constant short notice to show masses of strangers through day after day after day for months is exhausting, keeping the house pristine and perfect.

And they have the right to come in by themselves with the agents if I am at work that day.

ARRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Rocking and humming............
Del

Postby Del » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Catch-up wrote:Sorry to hear that Del. :( That is not the attitude the teacher should be taking. Gossip and nastiness are not tolerated in our schools. They do a really great job of addressing it and educating the kids about bullying.

They do here TOO catch-up. So WHY would this teacher think that girls gossiping about other girls is acceptable and normal???

Its only for a few more months... I know the High School is much more strict and I will be talking to them about it.
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Oh god, Del. This is the last thing you need, hon.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Selkie » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:56 pm

(((((((hugs))))))))) Del. Maybe no one will want a hot and cold YELLOW house?
Selkie

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Sorry to hear that, Del. I hope you can find somewhere decent.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby pip » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Ouch Sorry Del that sucks
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Del » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Oh god, Del. This is the last thing you need, hon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I am in shock Bouncy..... between interludes of maniacal laughter :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who takes their 3 year old into deepest darkest Africa.... at THREE??? He is a .... alternative lifestyle type of person (yeah anything but a real job) and his wife is an anthropologist. We know each other and he has always told me when he is excited about some big adventure (very evasive about this one)... but who has to sell both of their houses to fund a trip like this. She is the master of obtaining fuly funded government grants that pay for them to travel to far-away exotic places "for study of".

AFRICA? No mention of any COUNTRY just AFRICA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Tony... thing IS... I cant even LOOK for another house until or if this one is sold! THEN I have a limited time to FIND one. (our contracts go through very quickly here). I will have a date to leave on when it sells and a hopefully a half way decent house will magically appear at the same time. The last house I was in sold (THEY were to live in DUBAI!!!! :lol: :lol: ) and I had to look at 30 houses in two weeks to get this one...and there were over 20 families looking over this one when I looked at it. The rents have skyrocketed since then. And at the time I will be looking.... is the time the new rates come in so EVERYONE will be looking and taking the lowest priced places anywhere let alone ANY low rent area.

Selkie .... it will be interesting to see people going through THIS house with one of the hottest summers on record predicted :twisted: The west wall gets so hot you cant even touch it inside. I will make sure the fans are off.... :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Would you get State help if you were made homeless, especially with H's problems?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum