How do you feel today? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 4

Postby Del » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:42 pm

As long as its wet I suppose :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby ChristianBecker » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:05 pm

T{i/y}red. Been for a bit of shopping with my girlfriend and for a lot of car finding. So far it seems like the new one will be a Kia Picanto or a Hyundai i10 - maybe a Fiat Panda. Still, we're both rather confused. :?
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Del » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:21 pm

I used to sell cars CB. (a long time ago)

Heres a hint ... if you were looking for a refrigerator or a TV you would know what you wanted (ie brand model etc) before you went out to buy it right? Do the same with a car. If you dont know what you want just yet then go out and test drive a few makes and models that you are interested in. TEST DRIVE! Dont you dare let them sell you one no matter what they promise you.

Make up a list too... what do you REALLY want in the car... and start at the basics; manual/auto... then the size of the engine... under or over 2 litres? ..... then extras you cant live without that are better to buy already installed in the the factory... Dont get carried away with the extras they offer you; they can add up. And know exactly how much each "extra" costs at each dealer. Write this down yourself. If they write it down on their paper they might tell you they cant hand that piece of paper over to you to take away (yeah right).

Then have a sleep on it and DECIDE what make and model you want. Then and only then start shopping for a price... the hardest buyer to deal with is the one who knows EXACTLY what he wants and how much it costs. Have a look inside the engine too. There will be a little metal engraving (we call it the compliance plate here) It will tell you what month and year the car is made in. The value of the car can be dropped by alot of money if the compliance plate is even a few months old depending the fiscal year and when that maker brings out new models. (I presume you are looking at a new car).

Once you have a price you can go from dealer to dealer "doing a deal" for the best price on that make and model car. Some dealers operate on the number of cars they sell... some dealers work on the individual profit on each car.

Well thats how it works here.
Del

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 am

Sorry to hear about your delayed op again Chris :(

I'm sooooooooo tired, feel like I have a hangover but it's slack of sleep. OH had a rough night again last night, I ended up on the sofa at about 2am and then couldn't get back to sleep for about another 2 1/2 hours :doh: :violin:

Big cup of coffee for me this morning I think.
spideyGirl

Postby wicked woman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:30 am

Good luck with the car hunt CB.

Spidey, know how you feel. Finally went to sleep at 5.00am to be woken at 7.00. Somebody had decided to hog the bed and have a sweating session too. You'd think he is going through the change. :roll:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Del wrote:
Catch-up wrote:WW, make a massage appt., you won't regret it! Find someone who can do a deep tissue or sports massage. I think I'm going to have to do the same soon. All the activities here have taken their toll. :?

Chilli, :lol: .

Be careful with deep tissue massage. I had one ONCE and ended up in hospital FROM the deep tissue massage and had to have physio for months after.

Wow! :shock: What went wrong? It's definitely no picnic getting one. There are times when it's all I can do not to jump off the table and call it quits. But, I walk out of there fixed, so it's worth it.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Must have been a sleepless night the world over.... I went to bed at about 4:45am.... Bouncy and Batty and um heaps of people kept me chatting on here ! Sheesh! Actually Bouncy asked me the time and when I looked the computer shut itself down!!!! :o

Freaky. Then of course I had to get up to get H off to school and was thinking well I will grab a few hours and a really good friend rang and was all "Heyyyyyyyyyyy! Lets go to the library like you have been asking "(she hasnt been for about 6 years and I have been trying to drag her there) and what could I say? Havent seen her for a few weeks even though she lives just around the corner and love her company so dosed up on a major coffee and headed off. Great day sat in between the library shelves looking through craft books with her, off for a coffee and then home, pickup H, race off to speech therapy classes with her, shopping, dinner, ..... I am stuffed!

Then I get a call from the boss asking me to review a few jobs for December, get an email hinting that something is a-foot in Twerps (hmmmm) and I have been stuck here since.
Del

Postby Joolz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Happy happy Overnight run to Belfast.. In a hotel at someone else's expense :D
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Del » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:32 pm

I bet there's free food to huh Joolz?
Del

Postby Catch-up » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Ooo! Lucky you! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:42 pm

wicked woman wrote:Good luck with the car hunt CB.

Spidey, know how you feel. Finally went to sleep at 5.00am to be woken at 7.00. Somebody had decided to hog the bed and have a sweating session too. You'd think he is going through the change. :roll:

:lol: :lol:

I'm having to change the bedding every day, pain in the butt as he normally does all the washing :lol: I could barely string a sentence together at work until my second coffee, luckily no one saw any difference ;)

Lucky you Joolz :D
spideyGirl

Postby Del » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:17 pm

You two girls should stick the two sweaty men in bed together and head out for a lovely weekend doing girlie things! Problem solved.

Hope they get better soon.
Del

Postby Catch-up » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Bored with exercise routine. Thinking of dropping in on the Tribal Belly Dancing class. Despite my complaints about the Samba/African dance class, it was fun and a great workout. Something different to do. Same teacher, but I was told there's not this cramming to learn a routine, it's more free flowing. Also thinking of trying a self defense class. Enjoyed the karate class, but it was fairly slow moving despite getting nearly private lessons. Adore the instructor but he is one of the most easily distracted people I know! I think the self defense class is a bit faster paced and teaches more practical lessons for real world situations. Looked like it could be fun!
Catch-up

Postby Selkie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:39 pm

They recently started BOKWA at our local leisure centre but I'm too shy to go. Also, I'm not really sure I'd like it. I would like to try Zumba but they don't do it on our island and I don't want to go off island for it - too much travelling time. So I'm sticking with the walking and the elliptical.
Selkie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:46 pm

I've got an exercise bike you can have. Never used! :oops: :roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum